Search results for query: *

1. YetiLooper

Wedges from the sand

Why do wedges seem to spin more from the sand? Do they actually spin more and if so why?
  2. YetiLooper

Nike Vapor Speed Driver

I did a search and didn't find any topics about this driver though I did read the review. So I was lucky enough to score Nike employee store passes for yesterday and in a whim picked up a Vapor Speed driver with the Fubuki shaft in regular flex. I have always played stiff flex and at times x...
  3. YetiLooper

Nike Gear... Opportunity need help!

SO with our business we do lots of team building work for Nike. The last time we were given Employee store passes where everything is 50% off retail or lower. We are heading in tomorrow and planning to stock up. What should I get? Not interested in irons, wedges or a putter, but anything else is...
  4. YetiLooper

Technology vs Biology

As we head into the year 20 PT (Post Titanium) we have seen the average driving distance of tour pros go up steadily since the advent of the titanium driver. Every year new advances are made. I have no doubt at all that technology has had it's impact, but I suspect that biology has had a larger...
  5. YetiLooper

Can drivers lose their pop?

I've had the same driver for the last 3 seasons and it really feels t me as though it's lost it's pop. I don't know if that happens though so I wonder if it's just a flaw in my swing or something. Right now I am hitting my 3 wood, and or my SLDR Mini the same distance. I'm hitting the ball fine...
  6. YetiLooper

Wedge grooves and spin?

I'm sure it has been discussed here in depth, maybe it hasn't. As I understand it grooves themselves do not impart spin to a golf ball. Their sole function is to channel moisture and debris away from the ball and clinics interaction. I can understand that theory but I have a question then... if...
  7. YetiLooper

How often to change

I've had the same driver for the last 2 years. I'm not one always in search of the magic elixir, but I do like to keep my gear relatively up to date. I am wondering what most of you consider to be a fairly reasonable amount of time to play a specific piece of equipment between upgrades to newer...
  8. YetiLooper

What a golf year for my family

Wow... it's been a crazy golf year for me, in a great way! I have kinda been away from the game for a long time, would play once or twice a year is all. While watching Jordan run away with the Masters my 8yo daughter disappeared into a closet and came out with a putter I got her 4 years ago. She...
  9. YetiLooper

Some wedges hotter faces?

I have a Vokey 50° and Callaway X forged 54° and 60°' I have also used Cleveland in the past. The Vokey is new to me and one thing I have noticed is the ball feels like it springs off the face more than the Forged Callaways. I don't know that it translates to longer distance comparatively, but I...
  10. YetiLooper

Game a bullseye?

Was out in the garage and came across my old Acushnet Bullseye putter that I gamed for a solid 15 years or so. Putted around with it on the carpet, and while it felt good still it's not unseating my Anser. Is anyone gaming a bullseye still?
  11. YetiLooper

My mom rocks!

Hand knit this whole set of head covers driver 3+, 3, 4 and 5 (not pictured) plus 2h and 3h.
  12. YetiLooper

Hopkins wedges

The local range is clearing out a bunch of Hopkins wedges. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I currently have a mix of Vokey and Callaway wedges, how would they compare?
  13. YetiLooper

I don't need 60°

I have played a 60° wedge for the last 16 years or so. I used to use my set SW and PW around the green then I added the 60°. Fast forward new irons now have a 54° that I rarely use as mostly I use the 60° inside 75 yards. Tonight I hit the chipping green and on a whim decided to focus on using...
  14. YetiLooper

How does offset affect things?

I'm probably beating a dead horse that's been covered a lot already, sorry in advance. When I was younger I was playing GI irons (Lynx Paralax clones) with a decent amount of offset. I always kind of battled a slice at the time. Then I started working on my game the slice disappeared and I had a...
  15. YetiLooper

Brain space out driver style.

I hit most my clubs pretty consistently, but the driver has been a problem so far this year, except something clicked in my mind at the range tonight. I lose focus with the driver like I'm so distracted by feeling like I want to kill the ball that I forget to simply think of making contact on...
  16. YetiLooper

Why no Cobra Putters?

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into why Cobra doesn't make putters? It seems every other brand makes or owns a putter line.
  17. YetiLooper

Garage stash

I know as golfers we tend to hoard away gear. What are you hanging on to that defies explanation. Post a pic!
  18. YetiLooper

To drink or not to drink?

Do you swig some booze on the course when you play? If so what's your drink of choice? How does it affect your play? If not, why not? Usually I will have a beer at the turn, but I find even a single beer will affect my focus level for a couple holes. I'm no light weight either!
  19. YetiLooper

Lipstick on a Goat

I bet we all know of a local Goat Track that have a decent enough of a layout to be a pretty nice course with a little TLC. Maybe it just needs a better irrigation plan, or just new grass. Maybe a tiny minor amount of sculpting, but the layout remains. There's a course called Sandalee here in...
  20. YetiLooper

Gone but not forgotten

I used to game a full bag of Macgregor gear in the mid 2000's. 1025mb irons, VIP Wedges, MT woods and fairways. Then the went belly up and were sold off to Golfsmith. To me that was very disappointing as I still think MacGregor should be a "legacy" company that helped snap the game as we know...
Back