Search results for query: *

1. N

Anything at no Cost to you...What would you choose?

If it had to be an on the spot decision, I would pick a set of Srixon Z565 irons w/graphite shafts. Still the best feeling and performing irons I’ve ever tested. given the opportunity to do some research, I would get fitted for a new set of irons, leaning heavily towards Srixon or Callaway.
  2. N

BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

this was the only photo I managed to snap. I decided to do something different from our usual smoked tri-tip for the New Year’s party we hosted. I bought some small turkey breast roasts, brined them for 24 hours and then smoked them for about 3 hours. They came out so tender, perfectly moist...
  3. N

Whiskey Thread

Two excellent daily drinkers! I get apple pie on the nose from that Buffalo Trace. The 1792 small batch give me some fruity notes and a sweetness on the palate. The full proof version is better imo but both are solid choices. I did not care for the bottled in bond though, too grassy.
  4. N

Wall mount garage door opener

The only noise I heard from inside the house was the movement of the garage door rollers in the tracks. I didnt have a room above the garage but you could not hear anything from inside the house. Belt drives are also very quiet. I would probably put them on about the same level of noise...
  5. N

Wall mount garage door opener

Residential options are limited. The Liftmaster seems to be the best. The only issues I had with mine (had for about 2 years before we sold the home and moved) were the shaft collar/coupling would get loose and spin causing the door to not open or close all the way. Had to check and tighten...
  6. N

What is your least used club?

Probably my 5i. I pretty much only use it off the tee when I need a short fairway finder (usually the first hole)
  7. N

Disc Golf (Frisbee golf)

the course within walking distance by my house is owned/maintained by the college (its on campus) Looks like they have abandoned the upkeep as it hasnt been playable all year. Grass is way overgrown. My kids are bummed because it was a nice way to go for a walk in the evenings and let the dog...
  8. N

Trying to Break 100

Played with my buddy and his brother last weekend. we made an agreement that nobody scores worse than triple bogey (equitable stroke index). With that rule, I carded a 94, but I kept track and shot an actual 96. I also took $30 of their money as I won most of the skins on that round lol...
  9. N

THP Auto Repair Shop

The older cruise control systems used vacuum to modulate the throttle. There should be a vacuum pump, some rubber lines and a vacuum reservoir. Most common issue is the rubber vacuum lines deteriorated or fallen off. You can buy a vacuum leak detector "smoke machine" for relatively cheap...
  10. N

THP Auto Repair Shop

In most cases, you would need to use a scan tool to clear the codes and then take the vehicle on a road test to reset the emission monitors.
  11. N

The best shot of the round

I managed to cut the corner of a dogleg Par 4, caught the downslope and took advantage of the summer hard pan roll out for a ~285 yard drive in the middle of the fairway. Of course I chunked the easy pitch and carded a Bogey...
  12. N

Birdied the 2nd hardest hole on the course last week. Piped an easy 5H to within 8 feet and drained the birdie putt!
  13. N

THP Auto Repair Shop

I would agree with the paper filters that go inside a housing. If anything, those tend to be over tightened and crack the plastic housing. However, I have done thousands of oil changes and have only ever had tightened the standard screw on filters. Never ever had a problem with filters coming...
  14. N

BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

I cooked up a pork tenderloin yesterday. I cheated and bought a pre-marinated one. Lots of flavor but way too much pepper! But it had a real nice sear and was super juicy and tender!
  15. N

Trying to Break 100

wow, what happened to this thread? Hamfist! Where you at? I played another round this weekend. Shot a 51/47 for a 98!!! I kept every hole no worse than double bogey... until a triple bogey on the 18th... A bad drive cost me 2 shots to get out of trouble... Notable shots include many...
  16. N

Worst shot of the round?

Topped a drive off the tee into some real thick rough. It cost me 2 shots to get out of the rough. I was able to salvage a double bogey though.
  17. N

I had many this past weekend: drained a 10 foot downhill putt for Birdie Multiple 6 foot + putts, some with a significant break Smoked a couple 5 wood shots from the fairway 260 yard drive (with some help from a downhill slope) bump and run (still developing that shot and learning which...
  18. N

You have to give up one for life.

Wings hands down. I typically dont like bone in meat except for some cuts of beef or pork
  19. N

What is the single best dish in your town/hometown?

Of the dishes ive tried, I would give top nods to the Tacquitos plate from Las Golondrinas and the cinnamon rolls from SC donuts, from San Clemente CA
  20. N

How do you buy your Beer?

I typically get my beer for free. I invite friends over for tri tip dinner and they leave a six pack in my fridge :LOL::LOL:
Back