Search results for query: *

1. N

Need Club Recommendation

Ive got some money burning a hole in my pocket and ive decided to seek out a new club for my bag. I could use some recommendations for what type of club to consider. I am looking to accomplish the following: Distance off the deck 150-180 Forgiveness/consistency help with tighter dispersion...
  2. N

Crush Watermelon Soda

My sister found some of this locally and shared with me. It is like drinking a sparkling jolly rancher!!! Problem is, I havent found ANY ANYWHERE local since!
  3. N

Golf and the Pinewood Derby

My son and I just competed in our first (of many years to come) Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. We did very well for our first year, taking home 2nd place finishes both in my son's class and in the Dad/Outlaw class. Im already brainstorming ideas for how to make next year even more fun and epic as...
  4. N

Considering Club Change, Thoughts?

I am considering making a club change in my bag line-up. My new mantra for this season is to not hit anything off the deck that I dont hit consistently well. For me this means: 3H, 8I-58* I hit most other clubs well off the tee, Currently I have the top end arranged: Driver, 5W, 3H, 4H...
  5. N

slow backswing = better contact and more height

Not sure what I am asking for here, but I wanted to point out an observation from my round today that I dont quite understand the physics of whats actually happening. My usual swing uses a fairly even tempo from back swing to down swing. (or at least I try to keep even tempo) Lately, I have...
  6. N

driver shaft rec with limited info?

Im shopping for a Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver and am trying to choose between the three shaft choices in reg flex. I am changing from a Tour Edge X-Rail 12* draw reg flex I am hoping to find a lower ball flight (currently launches pretty high and not much roll out) my swing speed...
  7. N

Taylormades or Wilson???

I've narrowed down my search for a new set of irons to either the Taylormade Speedblades or the Wilson Staff D200's those two mainly due to my $300 budget and I have found some killer deals on both. both sets are new. I'm curious if anyone can provide some comparisons between the two. I'm...
  8. N

Shaft Maintenance

After discovering rust spots on my steel shafts this winter, I was wondering what everyone uses to oil and maintain their steel shafts and other metal surfaces. Any advice would be helpful
  9. N

3 hybrid recommendations

I am considering purchasing a 3 Hybrid to replace my 7 wood. This club would sit between my 5W and 4H in my bag. I am unsure of a few things though. I currently game a Cobra Baffler 4 Hybrid at 22* loft and my 7 wood is 21*, Since I hit the hybrid much better I want to replace the wood with...
  10. N

Help me select a new driver shaft!

I took a swing lesson to help straighten out my driver and, among other things I need to work on, the coach suggested I put a shaft on with more flex. I currently swing a Taylormade Burner 460cc 10.5* with a reax 49 stiff flex mid tip He suggested going to a regular flex and it might help me...
  11. N

Need To Update My Wedges Advice Plz

I am currently playing with a golfsmith house brand XPC300 set of Irons w/ graphite shafts and am on the fence if I should keep them or upgrade. I am hitting them fairly consistent and honestly, with a handicap of 37.1 I don't know if I would benefit from a new set of irons. Do I keep the ones...
  12. N

Greetings From SW Washington

Hi all! New to the site and relatively new to golfing. Got really serious into the sport this year. I have played 6 full rounds so far this year and have come down from a miserable 153 to trying to break 120 currently. Im playing with mostly hand-me-down clubs: XPC 3000 Irons graphite...
Back