Search results for query: *

1. havingfun

Vintage Equipment Groups/Clubs/Organizations?

I'm aware of hickory golf organizations, but is there an organization for people who like equipment from the 1950's though 1970's? Pre-cavity back and pre metal wood? It would be fun to go out with a group to play a tournament with old Blue Ridge or Dynapower clubs. I spend hours looking...
  2. havingfun

Uniflex for a high handicap weekender?

I get to golf with friends a few times a month, during the summer. I'm a high handicap player, and I'm good with that. With a young family time is a priority. Perhaps someday I'll get back to lessons. For now, I'm just having fun. I'm using a set of circa-2010 game improvement irons, with...
  3. havingfun

1960's - 1980's Equipment Question (for long time players)

First: I'm placing this question in Golf Talk because the equipment forum is dominated by modern equipment reviews and this is more a curiosity. Background: Today most of us play with clubs that are easier to hit than the clubs the pros use. They have blades and small cavity backs that allow...
  4. havingfun

What Will Be the Next Trend In Vintage Headcoves

We've seen the return of knit head covers from the 50's with the pom-pon on top. Now we have the round sockless leather ones from the 70's. What will be next? I'm personally hoping for a return of the plush head covers of the 90's. The plush was thick enough to protect the club head and the...
  5. havingfun

Two Strap Bag Question

I bought an older model Ping Hoofer from Goodwill for $5.00. It’s in like new condition, but I can’t, for the life of me, figure out the straps. It has two independent straps that aren’t attached to each other in any way. Do I cross them? If so, where; top or bottom? Every configuration I...
  6. havingfun

Which Future US Open Are You Most Looking Forward To?

Now that the US Open at Oakmont is over we all must ask ourselves which future US Open are we most looking forward to?
  7. havingfun

Tipping Your Barber

At my age I shouldn't be at such a loss as to what to tip my barber. I know the 15%-20% rules for restaurant staff, but what does one tip a barber? I live in the Mid-West so the cost of things is a little cheaper than those of you on the coasts. My barber shop just raised their rate for a...
  8. havingfun

Is Anyone Disappointed in the Olympic Golf Format?

I can't help but say that I'm more than a little disappointed in the format chosen for golf's return to the olympics. 72 hole tournament? What makes this any more challenging than a typical large tournament. All of the top regulars will be there playing a typical tournament. Wouldn't it...
  9. havingfun

First Three Balls Pulled From Your Shag Bag

Let's play a game. What is the make and model of the first three balls you pull from your shag bag? 1) Slazenger RD Fusion 2) Intech Beta TL 3) Wilson Smart Core
  10. havingfun

Are There Any Record Collectors/Hi-Fi Owners out There?

Are there any other record collectors out there? I work in radio so I have a pretty good CD collection from over the past decade. For me there is noting like a good record. I'm not an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination, but there is noting like the feel of a good record store find...
  11. havingfun

How Did You Find Your Playing Partners?

How did you find your playing regular partners? College buddies? Neighbor? Co-worker? Spouse? THP? Church? Just hanging out at the clubhouse? Personally I don't have a regular foursome. I play occasionally with fraturnity brothers, my priest, or another exec from work.
  12. havingfun

How many different sizes of tees do you bag?

How many different sizes of tees do you carry during a typical round? Do you use the kind with height marks on them or are are your tees blank?
  13. havingfun

Hello from Southwestern Illinois!

Hey! I'm new and I thought I'd say hi from Southwestern Illinois. It's that crazy part of Illinois where I live in neither Chicago nor on a farm.
Back