Search results for query: *

1. parsaver

Phil Mickelson's biggest victory?

Phil who?
  2. parsaver

Why do YOU Care? Yes, another LIV/PGAT thread

I don't know where the idea that the PGA does not pay enough came from but playing a game for money seems pretty nice to me. The average player on the PGA Tour in the 2021 season earned nearly $1.5 million for his work, according to PGA Tour stats.
  3. parsaver

Why do YOU Care? Yes, another LIV/PGAT thread

I find it odd that a country that tortured and murdered an American journalist is OK for golfer from the USA. They were also involved and suspect on 9/11. The Saudis are now at war with Yemen and reportedly cruel and disgusting. The golfers who joined LIV only care about $$$$. As a 100% DAV...
  4. parsaver

Good running shoe with lots of cushion

IMHO NIkes have the best cushion and an extra insert could be added. With a broken toe would it be better to cut up an old pair?
  5. parsaver

Sneaker Thread: Post Your Newest Sneakers Here

Bought online, would prefer lighter shoes but they are comfy and work.
  6. parsaver

The 60 and over Thread

I have been playing golf for over 61 years and didn't start at 5 y/o. I learned the game with wooden headed woods and what we call blades now. Now the irons are huge with big offsets and I cannot play well with these. I am thinking of getting a small set of MBs with a couple hybrids and see how...
  7. parsaver

What is the primary reason for slow play?

They watch the pros on TV take forever to putt and think that's the way to do it correctly. Manners and civility have gone way down hill. As long as they are having a great time they could care less about who is behind them. I see this every time I play.
  8. parsaver

How do you assess your putting?

I keep track of putts with my Skycaddie and have for many years. Now I can see f I am improvong or whatever. I currently ave. 1.6 putts per round.
  9. parsaver

Do you switch putter grip sizes very often?

I've used the Golf Pride Jumbo Crown grips for decades. I don't believe they are made anymore for the USA market but find them in the UK. Rubber, big and heavy.
  10. parsaver

Golf pro killed on course in Georgia

People are just going crazy. Airlines report a record number of unruly passsengers. People are just angry and taking it out on others. This guy was just a pro golfer playing a round of golf and got shot for nothing.
  11. parsaver

Bryson and caddie part ways

There wil be pleanty of caddies waiting to get a piece if his winning wihich are now well over 15 million. I'll be his caddie and bring my own protractor. lol A caddie on the PGA Tour receives a base salary — usually around $1,000 to $2,000 — to cover travel expenses. He will earn 5% of the...
  12. parsaver

When someone does not fit the profile and be like everyone else they get flamed for being an individual on the PGA Tour. Sad.
  13. parsaver

One thing I know is that his caddie was very well paid.
  14. parsaver

Jon Rahm WITB: the 2021 US Open

After last week he deserved it and seems to be playing better than the rest of the field. Congrats to him for great play!
  15. parsaver

Your Most Disliked: Tour Player Edition

What seems wronng is that the announcers seem to really push this farther than what started out as probably a mistaken comment or whatever. Now the are delcaring war between the two. I beleive they do not need to even mention it and just downplay this situation for the good of the game.
  16. parsaver

Rahmbo goes down

From John Rahm, "“To all the people criticizing the PGA Tour, they shouldn't,” Rahm said. “We are in a pandemic, and even though this virus has very different forms of attacking people, you never know what reaction you're going to get. So PGA Tour did what they had to do ... I've heard a lot of...
  17. parsaver

Back after 18 year break

Welcome back (y)
  18. parsaver

PGA Tour Ban Green Reading Books?

Why can't they just leave the game alone? Today's golf is just a shadow of the game I learned as a teenager. Different equipment, diffent balls, different everything. It is impossible to compare today's golfers to past players. Plus the players who have played a course now has a much bigger...
Back