Search results for query: *

1. G

Question on gapping

I generally have a pretty consistent 10-yard gap between each iron/wedge as I go through my bag, looking like this: 7 (32*) - 150 8 (36*) - 140 9 (40*) - 130 PW (45*) - 120 AW (50*) - 110 And then this happens: SW (55*) - 90 LW (60*) - 70 I hit very high shots, and don't usually get much...
  2. G

I need some advice on adding a club to my bag

I hit my driver anywhere from 240-280, depending on how well that I get a hold of it, and my 3-hybrid goes around 200-210. I'm looking for a club to fill that gap. I have a 3-Wood in the bag, but my swing speed isn't high enough to fill the gap when I hit it off of the deck. It ends up going...
  3. G

How do you set up your club distances?

Just looking for thoughts on how you have your bag set up and why you decided to settle on your setup. I have a solid 10-yard gap between almost every club, looking like this (with distances): 3 hybrid - 190 4 hybrid - 180 5 hybrid - 170 6 hybrid - 160 7 iron - 150 8 iron - 140 9 iron - 130 PW...
  4. G

Hitting irons far and woods short

Does anyone else have this problem? I hit all of my irons at the top range of this distance chart that seems to be pretty common, but at the low end of the driver range (200) and medium range of the 3 and 5 woods. Club Men Women Driver 200-230-260 150-175-200 3-wood 180-215-235...
  5. G

Picking a ball

I found a web site that suggested the Nike Mojo for me, based on answering a few questions. I bought a box to try out, but have since read a lot of negative reviews on them. What is the best way to go about picking a ball? The number of choices out there is overwhelming to say the least.
  6. G

How often do you use your 3 wood?

I've been thinking about trying to get the best 14 clubs in my bag, and realized that I don't really use my 3 wood very often. In the last three rounds that I've played, I've used it exactly once per round. I think that I could potentially substitute a 5 wood for those three shots and switch...
  7. G

Tips for hitting off of hard ground?

I've recently gotten back to playing after a long hiatus. I've been crushing my new irons at the driving range, but when I went out to play a round today, my irons were a complete disaster any time that I took a full swing. The ground was VERY dry and hard as a rock, and I'm wondering if that...
  8. G

Hello from Seattle

My name is Ken, and I've started to get back into the game after having not played much in the past ten years or so. I've never really put in the time that is necessary to improve, but have jumped back in with a vengeance. I've just upgraded all of my equipment, and am in the process of...
Back