Search results for query: *

1. theoverswinger

How does a good game feel to you?

I was in a tournament recently and I did kinda good, shooting 1 over my supposed handicap. However, during the round the whole game felt like a long root canal. I couldn't get anything better than bogey for the first 8 holes. It was frustrating but I had to keep on grinding. A birdie...
  2. theoverswinger

Does Callaway selling the epic off the rack with just the clubhead?

Or do they always sell with the shaft in?
  3. theoverswinger

Alpha 815 to Epic SZ, Is it worth it?

Without the opportunity to test with monitors or on the driving range, I may get the opportunity to buy an epic SZ which is almost not available in my country. I was able to get an alpha 815 and I'm quite happy with it. I know common sense is to try the club first, but I don't think I'll get...
  4. theoverswinger

What Shot Defines Your Current Game?

Although I haven't been playing as often as I'd like to, in my most recent game I hit a 3 wood with a slight fade and got it on the green in regulation. It reminded me of the hard work I put in my game and sorta defined where I am with my game. If only I could play more often. How about...
  5. theoverswinger

Which One are You?

From our posts I can tell we generally fall into one or the other category. When we make mistake on the course, how to we handle it and what is our general attitude? Do we blow out tips or whine or are we optimistic? How is it helping or not helping our game? Me, I'm the sunny optimist...
  6. theoverswinger

WTB: GBB Epic SZ 9 deg head only with adaptor

Will pay including shipping to the Philippines.
  7. theoverswinger

West Coast Courses?

Some friends and I are planning a trip to the west coast in 2018 to play golf for a couple of weeks. What 10 West Coast Courses would you recommend in terms of accessibility, price and quality? They can be bucket list names like Pebble beach and Chambers Bay or they can be some hidden...
  8. theoverswinger

Forward to the Past

Yesterday I got me a used Alpha 815 which I bought for 300 dollars. It used to retail upwards of 600 dollars and is quite rare. The Epics are not yet available in my country and for sure they'll be retailing upwards of 600 dollars. I'll be putting the Alpha in play and see how it performs...
  9. theoverswinger

Ever played with this ball?

I found this after I hit my drive on the first hole. I proceeded to play with it the rest of the first hole. Unfortunately, I lost it on the drive of the second hole. It was okay while I played with it on the first hole, but I lost it again before I had more experience with it. Any...
  10. theoverswinger

If you had to choose just one product, what was the standout golf club of 2015?16?17?

This is the lazy man's "research". Tapping into the collective knowledge of THP and everyone's opinions, if you had to choose just one golf club, what was the one club that stood head and shoulders above the rest for 2015? 2016? 2017 so far?
  11. theoverswinger

What bad moves or habits do you plan to eliminate this 2017?

Self explanatory, folks. For me I plan to be more selective off the tee, which means using 3w if the fairway is tight. The other one is to be less lazy with club selection, I tend to just use the club in my hands if the caddie or golf cart is too far away. The results usually aren't pretty...
  12. theoverswinger

What Say You?

[URL="http://www.golfdigest.com/story/how-far-do-average-golfers-really-hit-it-new-distance-data-will-surprise-you"] I'd say just about right, though I hit the PW farther. What about you?
  13. theoverswinger

How many extra golf sets do you still own and what are you doing with them?

Aside from my gamer set, I have a set B and C, which I'm locating in two other work places far away from home, so I don't have to lug golf sets when I travel. These are the old clubs that I had that my gamers replaced. I have one other iron set which I'm just keeping on storage - old Cleveland...
  14. theoverswinger

Winning Club?

I know we need to hit all the shots well to post a good score. Golf is simply too hard to score well when some parts of my game aren't working. However, I notice that if I'm hitting the 3 wood real good, I have a very good chance of posting a good score like my 93 in a tournament a few days...
  15. theoverswinger

What's your game - steady or flashy?

One of the reasons why I like this game is that I can allow myself to act like a total idiot with minimal consequences. With work and family I'm usually deliberate, cautious and measured, so it's quite cathartic to have a golf game to have some flash, to hit some really good shots punctuated...
  16. theoverswinger

Two-way Miss - Anyone Else?

Aggravated by lack of golf, two weeks removed from any game or practice, it's that time of the year when I develop the two-way miss. Screaming hooks and slices and the odd pop-up here and there. A bit similar to the new Tiger, my good drives were very good, and most of my crooked ones were...
  17. theoverswinger

What does your game need these days?

At a time when work and family are starting to be more demanding, I can't find time for a game or even the range like I used to. How about you? What does your game need these days? You can choose more than one criterion.
  18. theoverswinger

Heavy Driver or Light Driver?

Some people prefer a light driver for faster clubhead speed. Some, like me, prefer a heavier club for a bit more control and hopefully better contact. Besides, things don't turn out good if I try to swing too fast. Do you prefer a light or heavy driver? Why?
  19. theoverswinger

Which Club in Your Bag Needed the Most Adjusting/Fitting?

For me it was the driver. It took several months of trials before I ended up with the M1 in comparison with about 10 other old and new driver models, some more testing between the Mitsubishi and Fujikura shafts, and finally a few more months of tweaking my driver swing. How about you?
  20. theoverswinger

Joining galleries- is it worth it?

Rory and DJ will be playing in a charity match in my country in a few weeks. The ticket costs 200 dollars. For those of you who joined galleries before, is it worth the experience? These guys don't come around very often. The last notable pro who came was like, Freddie Couples.
Back