Search results for query: *

1. Figo

How do handicaps & 9 Hole courses work?

Question for those in the know.. I am struggling to get my head around how the Handicap system works in relation to 9 hole courses. At the moment I havent logged an official handicap (theoretical is about 30 so wouldn't get one), but lets say that, being a beginner I am allocated a max...
  2. Figo

Gender Fairness & Hanidcaps.

Got myself a bit stumped a few days back. First off the wife is wanting me to look at getting her a first set of clubs :clapp: which is a a bonus. But then the discussion of Handicaps came up along with the barage of questions. "Why are women allowed 36 MAX and men only 28 MAX " (on courses...
  3. Figo

Your Golf History.

I have a little idea. As we all know it can be pretty easy to lose focus after a bad game. Pretty easy to get demoralized, especially when you are starting off so my idea is a one off post in this thread for each member. A brief history of your golf story. When did you start? How have you...
  4. Figo

Taylormade R7

When I was playing regularly a few years back I treated myself to a year old set of irons. Taylormade R7. I get on really well with them and - especially 7 and above - can hit them fairly consistently. Looking into period reviews of the R7 after deciding to take my game a little more...
  5. Figo

New Member from Scotland

Morning folks, Newbie here from Scotland. I've always dabbled in Golf since I was little (like a lot of people over here!) and played regularly till 2012 when I met a girl -now wife - that actually made me want to stay off the course rather than spend every evening playing. We were recently on...
Back