Search results for query: *

1. N

Anxiety & The Healing Powers of Golf

Thanks. We also teach our daughters that if they get touched somewhere they shouldn't be touched, a swift kick in the pants, punch in the eye followed by a screeching yell. That'll learn 'em.
  2. N

Anxiety & The Healing Powers of Golf

Yes, some of us are.
  3. N

THP New Jersey

I'm here!! Play in the Cherry Hill area and my "home" range is Fox Meadows.
  4. N

DJ hitting Nicklaus' 1-Iron and Persimmon Driver

5. N

Anyone game the Taylormade GPR line yet?

Read the reviews, watched the review vids, but anyone actually game these yet? Looking to maybe replace my hybrids with one for a FW Wood. Thoughts?
  6. N

Slicing my 5i

I recently put away my hybrids, got a 5i and have been practicing a lot with it. I'm finding that it's the only club I slice. Not my 7, 8, or 9 irons. Not my Driver. Just the 5 iron. Not even sure it's a bona fide slice, but it definitely goes left to right. Any thoughts? It's darn weird.
  7. N

"In my opinion..."

If you write or say something, it's your opinion. It doesn't need to be reiterated that it's YOUR opinion. Duh. Unless you have hard data to support what you said, and talk about this data, then it's still your opinion. That being said, if you have a lot of experience at something, your...
  8. N

The Official Brooks Koepka Thread

Someone mentioned there wasn't one and since I was talking about him, I should start one. Here it is. I think he doesn't have a very electric personality, but there is no question he is an exceptional talent and one heck of a closer. Three Majors won in the last six he entered. Incredible...
  9. N

Who gets Career Grand Slam first?

My vote is for Brooks at this point. I'm anxious to see how he performs at the Masters.
  10. N

Overdid it...

Friday I went to the range and hit about 150 Golf balls. Then the same Saturday. Tried to play 9 holes this afternoon and it was a disaster. I think I was mentally and physically tired as I just couldn't really concentrate and was coming up out of my stance much more than usual. It was also...
  11. N

Is numbering Irons obsolete?

Been reading a lot and have been watching a lot of YouTubes with reviews of clubs and as we know that there is no industry standard, and that a trend seems to be going towards stronger lofts, is the number on the club now obsolete? I was just watching a Rick Shiels vid and he was testing the...
  12. N

Very strange Rory interview

He says he doesn't care if he doesn't win another Major. He also mentions that he has more important things in his life now than Golf. His comments before the Irish Open: “Nothing is going to change in my life whether I win a major or not,” said McIlroy ahead of the Irish Open. “I’d be...
  13. N

What constitutes a "Serious Breach"?

With all the Phil controversy at the US Open and how many in the Golf world are discussing this, what do you consider a "Serious Breach"?
  14. N

My Volunteer Experience at the US Open

I love this game. As someone who grew up without the means to enjoy playing it, but watched every chance I got, it was an awe inspiring experience to be abe to be at one of the premiere Golf Courses in the World with such history behind it. Seeing the course for the first time as the bus pulled...
  15. N

Who is going to the US Open?

I'll be in the Merch Tent, volunteering, Wednesday to Saturday. Stop in and say hi!
  16. N

NCAA in major trouble...

FBI Arrest 10 people, 4 of which are assistant coaches and others in the industry. Hope they burn... https://sports.yahoo.com/fbi-probe-uncovers-massive-college-basketball-scandal-snaring-big-time-programs-144631716.html
  17. N

Intimidation Factor

Yesterday I played the hardest course in our area. I am by no means one to say that I can play well, but I generally am pretty consistent with at least getting the ball in the air. I could not hit the ball to save my life. I think it was a combination of being physically tired, but I was also...
  18. N

When to show up pre-Tee time

Is there an agreed upon time frame to show up before your Tee time? I'm ever the early bird and generally show up about 30 minutes before to just relax and take my time. I'm also the type that is never late. How far in advance do you show up? Does it ever get dicey in your group because one...
  19. N

Need Forgiving 5 and 6 irons

I have an awesome set of Cobra irons that I love, but the Cobra Hybrids I have just aren't working for me at all. The friend I play with is a low handicapper and suggested I try to get a 5 and 6 iron as I don't have those and do very well with my iron game. There is no way I can find a 5 or 6...
  20. N

The secret to staying active as you get older is...

Advil. Lots and lots of Advil.
Back