Search results for query: *

1. D

Is custom fitting really helping the average golfer?

JB's topic "Missing Putts, Why"" got me to thinking about one of the possible reasons of: "Does their putter fit?" and spawned the topic of FITTING in general in my head. My question is: Has the general golfing population really improved with all the customization of clubs and getting fitted to...
  2. D

Black Ops Shaft

Anyone know or hear anything about this shaft? Black Ops Shaft: http://uspgenterprises.com/product.html The maker was on the PGA Radio Show "Teed Off" with Brian Katrek today and it was a pretty intriguing discussion. Pushing a price point and very small dispersion and lower spin rates.
  3. D

2 Stokes? Need a ruling

Playing yesterday, in an area that is a lateral water hazard (though not sure why, no water in sight, but that's another story, regardless, it's a Lateral and I played it as such). Being in Maine in October, there are obviously fallen leaves all over the place and being windy, the leaves...
  4. D

GHIN eGolfer

Does anyone else have an eGolfer account (on GHIN.Com) and post "advanced" scores from it? While it is not perfect, there are some excellent reports available to track your game. You can track Score, Putts, GIR's, Fairways hit, bunker shots and it will automatically calculate up/down's. And you...
  5. D

Firing at flags - What a difference when the option is not there

So I have the priviledge of being allowed to play at my local course before they open (playing the opposite 9 from where the crew is prepping the course). On two occasions, the flags were removed as the crew sprayed the night prior. I was notified on both occasions by the Superintendent about...
  6. D

Old irons -VS- new technology

Here is a very interesting read (ignoring the references to the product) and if I think about it, how many of the wedges we buy are cavity back (none of mine, of course none of my irons are cavity). Another argument for blades at least from the 40degrees and higher. (AKA Combo Set)...
  7. D

When do you peak?

So, looking at my GHIN History, and just knowing from what I have done in the past, my game starts to peak in late July and into August. Living in the northeast, I guess this is to be expected. So my question is when does your game peak and what do you do during the off-season to start off the...
Back