Search results for query: *

1. DG_1234

TOP 10 REASONS iron head sizes have become too large

1) Computer Assisted Design (CAD) system 2) CAD is computer software that does not swing a club 3) CAD prioritizes MOI which is focused on mishit shots 4) the goal should be to make square contact with the ball, not mishits, so over size iron heads disrespect the player and the game 5) the...
  2. DG_1234

trendy words people should stop using

chill bro vibe vibing random Please add to this list, thank you.
  3. DG_1234

TOP 10 REASONS that driver is the most overrated club

The driver is the most overrated club in a golf bag and here is why..... 1) tee box shots are very important to low scoring, but they can be played with fairway woods, hybrids, irons etc... 2) the driver has a 45" shaft which is more challenging to swing and square at impact than a shorter...
  4. DG_1234

oops you did it again ?

In the past I've had 13* to 14* lofted 3-woods and found them to be feast or famine. But every 6 or 7 years or so I get the itch to jump back in the pool with a Strong 3-wood, so I buy one. Is there a deja vu piece of equipment you routinely purchase while knowing in your heart it probably...
  5. DG_1234

9-3 clock face

I believe that for all skill levels, from beginner to Tour player, making 9-3 swings is helpful. For some it's a practice drill but for others it's a "swing thought" that may help those who tend to over swing the golf club. * 9-3 meaning the back swing length stops with the hands at about what...
  6. DG_1234

Bachelor In Paradise

I am ashamed to admit I've been watching this show. Does anybody else here want to confess ?
  7. DG_1234

mini golf putt putt golf trend

It seems that indoor and, or, outdoor mini-golf-putt-putt golf places have opened or planned to open for business. I think the business model is to serve food, alcohol along with the experience of playing mini golf. I know Drive Shak corporation has plans to roll out several named Puttery...
  8. DG_1234

too much socializing on the golf course ?

Does too much chit chat on the golf course harm the focus on your shots and maybe cause you to shoot higher scores than need be ?
  9. DG_1234

better score means more enjoyment ?

Is being on the course enough to have you enjoy the day or is your enjoyment dependent on improved shots and scoring ?
  10. DG_1234

Have you ever played alternate shot format ?

Today's PGA Zurich Classic final round is alternate shot . My guess is that this is the first time most of this field of Tour pros have played this format. Specifically, no top amateur , collegiate , Korn-Ferry Tour, or other USA Tour event is this format, so unless he has played in the Zurich...
  11. DG_1234

Hogan hitting 18 greens

In this video Hogan hit 18 greens en route to shooting 69 and defeating Sam Snead by 3 shots. Following the match Snead remarked that it was the best he had ever seen Hogan play. The match commentator Gene Sarazen said Hogan's ball striking that day was the best he had ever seen from any player.
  12. DG_1234

Palace of Putting

Do you believe a shop focused exclusively on putting would be a viable business? For example a teaching pro or two could be on hand for scheduled putting lessons. The green could be enormous with both flat and sloped areas, large enough to accommodate 8 to 10 players at a time. Loads of demo...
  13. DG_1234

greatest 21st century golf technology improvement ?

20 years ago the available putters, wedges, irons and woods were excellent. During those 20 years some incremental improvements have been made, but (from a playing perspective) the club heads and shafts of year 2000 were great. Same for golf balls, which continue to evolve, but were just fine...
  14. DG_1234

could you break 100 playing worst ball ?

Have you ever tried the masochistic game where a player must take the worst of two balls for every shot ? Jack Nicklaus proclaimed that in his prime he could not break 80 playing this format. I tried it once and gave up after a few holes.
  15. DG_1234

gapping overrated ?

If you not much focused on gapping but instead have similar lofts within your bag, please post to this thread. Here are a couple of bag composition examples I could imagine might be useful for some players: Par 4 and par 5 tee box clubs: Driver, 15* 3-wood, 18* driving iron, 18* 5-wood or...
  16. DG_1234

Pendleton wool shirts ?

Does anybody here at THP wear the Pendleton Board and, or, Lodge shirts ? I've found these to be an amazing quality product :) Board shirt : https://www.pendleton-usa.com/product/mens-board-shirt/50000.html?dwvar_50000_color=PBB&cgid=men#start=1&cgid=men Lodge shirt ...
  17. DG_1234

shoulder tension

For those interested in the shoulder turn for golf, try this. this. Stand tall without a golf club, have your shoulders as relaxed and tension free as you possibly can. Next , turn your shoulders around a steady head. Now repeat the same as above but start the process with tense-rigid shoulders...
  18. DG_1234

do you expect to mishit the ball ?

Your ball lay in the fairway, 150 yards from a center of the green hole location. Good lie, level terrain, no wind. Front edge of the green is 140 yards, back edge of the green is 165 yards. A seriously mishit 7-iron carries 120 to 130 yards. A slightly mishit 7-iron for you carries 130 to...
  19. DG_1234

you are guilty of criticizing others for which of the following ?

Poll question with 10 possible answers of which you may choose to answer affirmatively not more than 9 of them.
  20. DG_1234

blade shaming a thing ?

I know several amateur players, from 0 to 12 , who in recent years seem to have been shamed out of playing blades. Koepka and some other pros winning with big head cavity back irons is causing amateurs and Tour pros a like to maybe "feel ashamed" for playing muscle back blade irons. If longtime...
Back