Search results for query: *

1. GopherNut

Which cart bag?

I'm going to be buying a new cart bag very soon. My dilemma is how big to go? They range in size so much. I've included two pics as a reference of the two extremes I'm considering. One is the Ogio 01 which is about 10lbs and under $100. The second is a Sun Mountain C-135 which is also around...
  2. GopherNut

SuperStroke putter tube

I can't find a link to it online. I had seen a few in the store a while back. Maybe they were discontinued? Sorry.
  3. GopherNut

SuperStroke putter tube

Back to the other option in the question, I believe Orlimar sells a stand bag with a putter well. Cheap on eBay, cheaper yet at a Mills Fleet Farm store. Not available online from what I can tell.
  4. GopherNut

"The most beautiful course in the world"

If I were to trust one person to tell you where the most beautiful golf course in the world is, I would have to go with Gary Player. I spent a month in Bulgaria for my MBA several years ago and wrote my senior thesis on establishing a high-end golf course on the Black Sea. As if somebody read...
  5. GopherNut

Bushnell 1M

I've been hearing a lot about the new Bushnell 1M over the past 2 weeks and have seen the Pros/caddies using them during practice rounds in Hawaii the last two weeks. Has anyone else read or heard much about the new Bushnell 1M? The 1M stands for 1 mile which is what its range is said to be...
  6. GopherNut

Discounting Green Fees

I'm on a golf course board and we're considering going to a different pricing model. The amounts below are just an example and would be adjusted if we go this general route. Single = $40 (and may be paired up at course's discretion) 2-some = $60 ($30 each) 3-some = $75 ($25 each) 4-some = $90...
  7. GopherNut

WTB - Nickent 4DX Pro Irons

I'm trying to find a set of Nickent 4DX Pro Irons with stiff flex steel shafts. Any assistance would be appreciated. I will pay using paypal if you have a set of these not being used anymore. Thanks!
  8. GopherNut

Titleist dominates US Amature Club & Ball counts

With the US Amature this weekend, we get the rare view into the bags of players who are (supposed to be) free of any endorsements or free equipment from any company. I was a little surprise just how many of the 315 non-paid golfers play Titleist equipment. I completely agree that it is great...
  9. GopherNut

Amazing hole-in-one story

From the Rochester Post Bulletin 8/12/2011 Golfer believes message on balloon, hole in one were linked The shot, as everyone who saw it on Saturday recalls, was beautiful — high, arcing and headed straight for the pin. Stephen Rose of Rochester watched the ball bounce on the 14th green at...
  10. GopherNut

Rocket Tour headcovers

I searched around on the site a bit but didn't see anything on Rocket Tour headcovers. They are popping up in a LOT of tour bags on hybrids and fairway woods. I think they're a great looking cover, especially with the poms, very retro. I like that you can design your own too. Are there many...
  11. GopherNut

Titleist "OKEY"

So my brother just bought some new wedges from Dick's which happened to be Titleist Vokeys, 52, 56, 60. The 60* is stamped "Titleist OKEY" - yep, it's missing the "V". Since he bought it at Dick's and not online and it was still in the titleist plastic, etc. I have a hard time believing...
  12. GopherNut

Hole-in-one insurance?

Do any of you participate in hole-in-one insurance at your local golf course or men's league? Our league is looking at starting a program and we're trying to get some ideas on how to run it. We're thinking of $5 per person and that would buy everyone in the league a beer/pop for the guy who...
  13. GopherNut

Follow along and help me out as I make a putter "mine"

I recently purchased a very "well played" putter for a $5 bill at a local golf shop that I frequent. It is a Tight Lies - not Adams - mallet putter that I haven't seen on ebay for the past 3 months so I don't know how rare it is or how old it is. What I do know is that I LOVE the weight and...
  14. GopherNut

Name brand training aids

The "new" Taylor Made Speed Stik (see thread here) had me thinking, why has it taken so long for one of the big name club manufactures to start selling training aids to the masses. I purchased my blue Speed Stik for $65 new with the dvd off of ebay a few years ago. TM is selling their version...
  15. GopherNut

Running a golf course

I am active within the small 18 hole semi-private course that I am a member at. The course is owned and operated as a co-op with around 60 owners of which most are also members. I have volunteered to be the treasurer on the board this year and would like to make some improvements to the way...
  16. GopherNut

Orange Whip

I'm not sure if it's a very well known training aid but a friend and former PGA tour player got me hooked on a training aid called the Orange Whip Trainer. It's just that, a whip with an orange ball on the end of it. I have a blue speed stik but this is far superior...
  17. GopherNut

Hello from Rochester Minnesota

Hi all, I am already getting the itch to get out and play but we're burried under nearly 4 feet of record snow this December. I'm always in the market for clubs and found this site when searching for reviews on some clubs. Even though golf is my main passion/hobby, I can never seem to justify...
Back