Search results for query: *

1. lblanto1

Perfect Practice Putting Matt

This mat was recommended to me by a friend and I love it! I ironed mine right out of the box and after using it for a few days, I saw an immediate improvement in my stroke. You can experiment and work on any aspect of the stroke. I can’t recommend it enough. I have really enjoyed the smaller...
  2. lblanto1

Got the Y word please help

So I have caught the dreaded yips. Completely out of no where and it’s been going on for months now. Im a 6 handicap that literally can’t putt at all now and that used to be a strength in my game. I thought it was something I could work through but it doesn’t appear to be going away anytime...
  3. lblanto1

claw grip putter setup

Is there a putter setup that may help with the claw grip work better? I am using a ping answer 2 with a pingman grip currently but notice a lot of guys using super strokes with bigger heads? Does this help with the claw stroke? Does a bigger putter grip or head help? Any direction appreciated...
  4. lblanto1

Putter fitting questions and results

I am considering what would be a pretty big investment for me and getting a putting lesson and a tour level putter fitting at Sea Island, GA while I’m down there for work. My thinking being I don’t want to get fitted to a poor stroke if that’s my issue and I could feel good about my stroke going...
  5. lblanto1

Increasing head weight feel in wedge

I recently got some new Mizuno s18 wedges and I love the feel of them at impact on full shots and really like them around the greens. The only issue is the heads feel lighter than what I came from. I was wondering, without putting a bunch of lead tape on them; if there was any way to increase...
  6. lblanto1

Aimpoint etiquette question

For the guys that use aim point, do you ever run into times where someone’s mark is inside your ball or close to your intended line? How to do go about getting a proper aimpoint read without stepping into someone else’s line? Or them perceiving you stepped into their line? Ive never really seen...
  7. lblanto1

Driving iron or hybrid?

Pros and cons of each? What is your preference? Need something off the tee for some long par 3s I play (220-230 range) but also want to be able to play into a par 5 in necessary. I have a hybrid now but it’s my most inconsistent club but I’m a good iron player, hence thinks no of switching to a...
  8. lblanto1

Why no sight line on a putter?

Simple enough question. I am sure there are many reasons. I never have remotely considered this until recently. I haven’t made a putt outside 5 feet in weeks. Thinking no sight line will take some thought out of it. Why does everyone else do it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. lblanto1

Counter balance converted to standard putter?

If you had a friend that was selling a 38” counter balanced putter, but you like a more standard length traditional putter, is there anything besides cutting down the shaft and putting on a new grip to consider? Surely there is, but I am not sure what I may be missing? Any help appreciated. Take...
  10. lblanto1

Anyone use a putting arc trainer

Thinking about getting one and was wanting some feedback before I bought one. If you have used one would you recommend? Any feedback appreciated. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. lblanto1

Anyone use a putting arc trainer?

I was considering one of these but wanted some feedback before getting one. Anyone use one before? What were your results and would you recommend? They are relatively expense for what they are. Thanks for any feedback. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. lblanto1

Golf book recommendations

Just finished The First Major by John Feinstein and it was absolutely amazing, especially if you like the Ryder Cup. It was probably my favorite golf book I’ve reader far, but I love the Ryder Cup. I read Tigers book about the masters, Haney’s book about tiger, and a couple of Dr. Rotella’s...
  13. lblanto1

Do I have any recourse here??

So I bought a Callaway DBD 816 off eBay, (I’ve never had any issues with eBay) and it arrived today. I purchased it on Friday and it was shipped priority and arrived quick and the seller had 100% positive feedback, but returns not allowed. Guy communicated throughout and the whole thing was...
  14. lblanto1

MD4 and Vokey Grind comparison question

Can someone tell me what the cross is Vokey grinds to callaway. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on some md4s and currently have the S grind and M grind in vokeys. But was wondering how the two company’s grinds related if anyone knew off hand? The below may be totally wrong but if anyone...
  15. lblanto1

Callaway adapter tip question

I ask, because the description references the big Bertha 815, but it looks like it’s the right adapter. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. lblanto1

Callaway adapter tip question

Just wondering I found a good deal on eBay for an adapter tip for a new shaft and just want to confirm something. The adapter tip from callaway big bertha 815, is the same tip that is in all of the drivers since then correct? XR16? Rogue? Epic? All of those are the same adapter tip? Sent from...
  17. lblanto1

Lets talk alignment lines? Whats yours and why?

I have used a blade most of my life and the line has always been on the flange if you will. While I realize A LOT of other things can be in play here, I have wondered about going to a putter with a top line alignment line. I find I miss to the right most of the time and its generally relatively...
  18. lblanto1

What happens to clubs that never sell?

It may be a dumb question, but seriously? Where do the thousands of drivers or wedges or “insert type of club here” end up if they don’t sell? I mean do places just drop the price until they sell or does the manufacturer take them back? There is no way every club made sells or is there? Where do...
  19. lblanto1

JB Holmes on 72nd at Farmers

I am not sure if there is a separate thread for this or not but couldn’t find one. What are you guys thoughts on #1 JB holding up he group like he did? And also and maybe more importantly not going for it? He is one of the longest guys on tour and basically reeled it in without even trying to...
  20. lblanto1

Chrome soft x question?

Played a couple of days ago and played the chrome soft x for the he first time. That being said I have played pro v1, pro v1x, tp5x, chrome soft but just tried the chrome soft x for the first time. I liked the feel and performance but shots into the green with a 7 iron to lob wedge spun back a...
Back