Search results for query: *

1. BluesManDan

Brad Faxon on Putting

Found this putting clinic he put on. Really good stuff. Very Rotella inspired... staying in motion and athletic, visualize and execute, don’t freeze up... plus a great speed and read drill. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. BluesManDan

Who wants to see an 8802 by Evnroll?

I’ve been wanting Evnroll to make an 8802 for a few years now, but they have yet to do so. If you would be interested in one, too, please comment below so that we can show Guerin Rife there is a market for this design!!!! I have a Rife Bimini and an Evnroll 8.3, and think the forgiving “sweet...
  3. BluesManDan

No good deed goes unpunished...

So today we helped a stray dog. Showed up in my yard out of the blue while I was hitting shag balls. Midsize black and tan mix. Seems to be well trained. Sweet as can be. We washed it and fed it, fence it in the kitchen, where it would be kept away from my little 11# dog and my 5 year old girl...
  4. BluesManDan

Tour Tempo Micro Player. Is it set up wrong? 2:1 ratio vs 3:1 ratio explained.

I think there is a product being sold that is designed wrong. The Tour Tempo Micro Player and whatever other beeping tempo players they sell, as well as any other products or apps that have copied them. They are sold on the premise of helping you attain a perfect 3:1 ratio for swing tempo in...
  5. BluesManDan

New Mephisto golf shoes!

So here’s my little project. I had some comfortable Mephistos (Marlon) in black that we’re getting too worn for dress anymore, but they were still in great structural shape, being goodyear welted and having good uppers, so I decided to repurpose them for golf. First thing was a resole. Took...
  6. BluesManDan

Augusta National in video games?

I’ll never get to play the real thing, so what’s the best video game to get to play Augusta National? Are any of them accurate/realistic? I have an Xbox One and 360, but feel free to recommend whatever! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. BluesManDan

Pictures of your vehicle with golf equipment

Thought it could be useful to see lots of different vehicles loaded up for the golf course. Tell us the year/make/model and any gripes or praises about it as a golfing vehicle. Just got this 2011 Ford Mustang. Has just enough room in the trunk for my Caddytek cart and my clubs. Sent from my...
  8. BluesManDan

Child’s carseat for 2011 Mustang? Recommendations?

I bought a 2011 Mustang yesterday (coupe), and need to get either a roomy carseat or a booster seat for my 4 year old daughter. Do you know of any particular carseat models that fit well? I’m hoping to get a few suggestions to cut down on my shopping time. Thanks for recommendations! Sent...
  9. BluesManDan

The prettiest follow through in golf?

We always talk about swings and backswings... but who do you think has the best finish to their swing? Post a pic or video of it! I enjoy Fowler’s finish. He so often looks perfectly balanced, athletic, and the club parallel to the ground. A full finish but not with the club slapping his back...
  10. BluesManDan

Visualization Techniques for Putting

On good days, I can see the speed of the putt in my mind’s eye and visualize the putt following the break at the right speed into the hole. Monkey see, monkey do, and I copy what I saw... I putt well. On bad days, I just can’t see it, and my speed is all over the place. It’s weird, some days I...
  11. BluesManDan

Best golf grip for arthritis?

A few months ago I started experiencing a lot of pain in my fingers, and can’t bend them fully (can’t make a tight fist), which makes it difficult to use a small diameter grip. I purchased some Lamkin full cord oversize, but they are on the heavy side. I’m looking for other options. Hopefully...
  12. BluesManDan

The Masters Champions Dinner: What would you choose?

So Sergio’s pick is out... a fantastic sounding 3 course dinner that is, of course, spanish themed. What do you think is the best so far, and what would you choose if you could? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. BluesManDan

How thick are rubber tungsten swingweight squares?

I know they weigh 2 grams and are 1/2” x 1/2” square... but what is the thickness? 1/8”? 1/16”? 1/32”? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. BluesManDan

Evnroll shaft bore angle? Is it straight or tilted?

I don't have an Evnroll, so I'm hoping someone can answer my question. How is the shaft mounted to the head, as far as the bore is angled? It looks to me from pictures that it is straight up and down for the most part, but in some pictures it looks like it is tilted forward towards the face. I...
  15. BluesManDan

Short game improvement! James Ridyard is the man!

Can you go from a 20 handicapper to scratch in a month? Yes!!! Well, sort of... I’ve been a 3.5-4 handicapper for the last couple years. The weakest link in my game has consistently been my short game. The strokes gained analysis of my playing by gamegolf showed me typically around scratch in...
  16. BluesManDan

Aldila Rogue Silver and international flex code

I currently game the rogue silver 70. Does anyone here know what miyazaki shaft it is closest to, or if anyone out there has applied the international flex code to it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. BluesManDan

Camp C2 Golf Grip? Anyone got a review for me?

Edit: "Champ" - not camp. Gotta get new grips. Saw the c2 but couldn't find any reviews! Surely somebody has tried them and has an opinion. Chime in if you have and do. (Not the newer c2x. The older c2.) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. BluesManDan

Iron shaft recommendations. Driver SS 100-105. S300 is a little low.

I've been playing Mizuno MP-4s with DG S300, 4* flat -1/2" if that matters. I hit them okay, but I hit the ball somewhat low, and my particular course has quite a few firm elevated small greens. The lower ball flight of the S300's just isn't cutting it. Can't hold the greens on those holes, even...
  19. BluesManDan

16 year old kid in texas shoots 59!

Just read this in my news feed. Dang! I couldn't break 80 when i was 16. At 41 I'm playing the best golf of my life and keep a low handicap (around 3) but still haven't broken 70. 59?! Freaking incredible. 13 under. In one round. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. BluesManDan

Are Course Slope Ratings Real or BS?

So I'm here at Myrtle Beach and played a course yesterday (Beachwood) with a slope of 121 on the white tees. Figured it was going to be moderately difficult. Ended up being pretty easy. There were no hazards that came into play off the tee, and it had large mostly flat greens. I shot even par my...
Back