Search results for query: *

1. myspinonit

Ok to store clubs near washer and dryer?

We're moving to a new apartment next month and the convenient place to store my clubs would be the entrance closet. The other side of this large closet is a washer and dryer combo. I'm probably overthinking this, but I'm wondering with potential moisture in that proximity if it is a bad idea...
  2. myspinonit

Converting putter cover from Velcro to magnetic: By shoemaker/leatherwork shop

I've seen a few threads from folks struggling with DIY solutions to the velcro to magnetic putter. Mine isn't DIY, but presenting it as an option: I just purchased an inexpensive new Wilson milled putter that I think has promise for me. The putter cover seems to be good quality, but a Velcro...
  3. myspinonit

Golf in Barbados?

Haven't seen any recent thread updates on Barbados golf so I thought might as well try this.... Any current info on course costs, playability etc. would be appreciated. Background: My nephew and family are moving to Barbados for several years and would like us to come and see them. We live...
  4. myspinonit

Do you remove adjustable heads for airline travel?

I responded today in the older thread asking about travel bags (I'm using Sun Mountain Glider models which are great). Several folks mentioned in that thread about removing adjustable heads and putting them in carry-on; not the first time I've heard that. I've got three such clubheads. Have...
  5. myspinonit

G25 Hybrid vs G hybrid (vs G 400 hybrid)

Edit: I just found a good deal for brand new 4 and 5 G hybrids on eBay and ordered them. Going to my friend's house in Palm Springs with free shipping so I'll christen them there next week. I'm considering getting G (not G400) 4 and 5 hybrids to "upgrade" my G25 ones while I can still...
  6. myspinonit

No Fly Zone

For the second time in half a dozen years I ended up by accident with a few pairs of new underwear with no fly. The newbies got their test drive today. Ok comfy, but not so convenient when a guy's gotta go. Looking on-line this is a newish trend but, to be upfront :bashful: , I don't get it...
  7. myspinonit

Big Max Blade + Cart Accessories (especially umbrella holder)

Update: No replies but the course pro shop where we purchased located the basic umbrella holder in stock and provided it free. Nonetheless I asked them to contact the local distributor in Canada and get the supposedly heavier duty "pro" version umbrella holder and the carry/storage case...
  8. myspinonit

Anyone playing Axivcore Black in G25- Swingweight?

I had a UST Axivcore Black 69 Stiff (68g) in my R11s several years ago. Loved it but foolishly didn't keep the shaft when I moved on from the R11s. I just ordered the same shaft in Regular with a G25 tip to try in my G25 driver. I'm thinking of playing it at 1/2 shorter than stock at 45.25"...
  9. myspinonit

Anyone find the XR 16 driver too shallow for playability? (vs G25)

UPDATE Feb 21/17: The XR 16 driver is now on Craigslist. I went for a lesson today (after a lot of time with it on the range yesterday at different settings). Took along my Ping G25 to the lesson. The flexibilkity and bendpoint of this shaft just doesn't agree with me in the driver, stock Reg...
  10. myspinonit

Worst Valentine's present for your wife (besides nothing)

I'll start: Thighmaster. (Though that probably would be worse than getting nothing.)
  11. myspinonit

Are we non-conforming adding weights, hotmelt etc to our clubs?

Below is a reply I posted in the Triton driver issue. I see that other posters are asking questions in that thread later on similar to mine. So...I'm asking the Q now for comments as it is bigger than the Triton: Here's my comments from that thread: " This is an interesting point and...
  12. myspinonit

Shortened 5 wood vs 7 wood vs 3 hybrid

I'm thinking about adapting a 5W into a stronger 7w, weaker 5w (whatever labels mean these days with long shafts and adjustable club lofts). Instead of a 3 hybrid. A Franken6 wood I guess one could call it. Senior, slower swinger. Though I loved 7 woods back in the day, I've found that 7...
  13. myspinonit

Opinions on 2016 Srixon Soft Feel Ball- Feels too soft???

Feedback on the new 2016 Srixon Soft Feel anyone? There was some buzz on the 2016 version on pre-release and I was anxious to try them after hearing the podcast for THP. Haven't seen much since the new version came out from users other than more pre-release posts. Interested in opinions, and...
Back