Search results for query: *

1. S

Anyone ever game the Project X PXV shaft?

Whats your experience & thoughts on these shafts? TIA /S
  2. S

Swing Plane Angles in Degrees

According to the graphic image attached below, the average PGA driver swing plane angle is 48* & a 6i is 60*. Does this mean that all iron plane angles should be played @ 60*? Does it mean that driver & fw should be played @ 48* swing plane? What are the desired swing planes on say 3-5i &...
  3. S

FS: Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood

Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood Gender: Men | Dexterity: Right-Handed | Loft: 20.5 | Flex: Regular | Shaft Material: Graphite | Callaway Loft: 20.5° | Length: Standard | Lie Angle: Standard | Shaft Type: Mitsubishi Bassara 52 x5ct Fairway Graphite | Grip: Avon Chamois | Headcover: Yes...
  4. S

Slow speed Driver Drill "Wanted"

My front yard is about 120 yrds long by 150 yrds wide with various trees around the grass area, surrounded by hardwoods. There is a 120 yrd long by about 40 yrds wide clear area that I use as a practice range for swinging mainly wedges 56° - 64°. I would like to find a means of practicing with...
  5. S

Need some iron shaft replacement advice!

I recently inherited a set of Wishon 969w (6-sw) with graphite A shafts rated @ 55-65 mph ss. My plan is to replace these shafts with new/pulls (graphite) that will match my ss & swing characteristics. I dont know much about graphite iron shafts and seek some knowlegable guidance to point me in...
  6. S

Shaft weight change from 44 gr. to 63 gr.

I replaced a Cleveland Black 44 gram Bassara shaft with a Matrix Radix 5.0 63 gram shaft, a 19 gram difference between the two. The head now gets lost in the transition... Approximately how many grams of lead tape should I begin applying & experimenting with to the driver head to compensate for...
  7. S

WTB Titleist 64° Wedge

No longer WTB Titleist 64° Wedge in good condition. Purchased... No longer in market for this club. Thanx for looking.
  8. S

Thoughts or comments on these 3 driver myths

https://youtu.be/JkwlcEU_WDY
  9. S

Release drill

I have had great results with this adaption of the "motorcycle/knuckle drag" drill.... Anyone else use this method now or in the past? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0jip9syTL8
  10. S

"Crack/Snap the Whip"

I recently made it to the age of 59, with the aging process there has been a noticeable loss of distance with my IO swing. SS is around 85-88 mph & I'm experimenting with some "A/Senior" shafts in irons & driver, which have improved my accuracy but not necessarily much in the way of additional...
  11. S

Needing a new cart bag... Any good suggestions.

Just bought a new set of Wishons to add to my collection of gaming clubs... Out of bags to keep them in and wanting a good cart bag. So far I like the look of the "Founders Cart Bag" but not sure it will hold up long term. Any reviews, opinions or suggestions appreciated.
  12. S

UST-Mamiya DHI iRN Graphite Iron Golf Shafts

An older friend with a 75 - 80 mph swing who is currently using reg shafts is asking me to recommend an install senior (A) shafts in his irons. He is on a limited budget and cannot afford high end shafts. Working the ball is not a major concern, hitting straight is. Does anyone have any...
  13. S

Anyone ever use adhesive "wheel weights" on a driver

I recently got some scrap wheel weights from a tire store to build a weighted driver.... they gave a couple handfuls of scrap weights which included some square weights in 2.5, 5 & 10 grams with adhesive tape that adheres the weight to the tire.... Golf Works offers a similar alternative...
  14. S

Anyone game the 2015 Cleveland CG Black Driver 10.5*

I have been gaming a TM 10.5* reg. shafted Superfast Burner but age & occasional back problems have me in the market for a club change. That said, I found a new Cleveland CG Black 10.5* with a Matrix Radix 5.1 shaft installed for $100 and decided to give it a try... Anyone have any suggestions...
  15. S

WTB TM Superfast 2.0 Burner Rescue #6 hybrid

Mens RH Regular shaft... need this to complete the set, going to be a gift for a friend. Would consider a senior shaft as well.
  16. S

Regular v Senior Shafts

What was your experience when you finally changed & switched from regular to senior shafts. Were the results worth it... better or worse?
  17. S

Bump, dump & turn ?

Recently I have viewed several golf teachers explain on some youtube vids that the "bumping" of the hips occurs as a natural sequence to intiating the "dump", the dump being the arms dropping onto the right side & into the slot. I am not to sure about this, and cannot tell from my own...
  18. S

Lag Controlled Takeaway v One Piece Takeaway

I have been experimenting with the lag controlled takeaway v the one piece takeaway. The LCT seems to move weight to the right side more effectively than the OPT, however it appears that the LCT usage comes at the expense of the forward press.... Is this correct, as I cannot get the forward...
  19. S

Any tips on swinging a mini driver?

Just bought a TM mini driver to use as a 3 wood. Any tips on swatting it down the fairway is appreciated. TIA
Back