Search results for query: *

1. P

Website hack?

For several weeks I haven’t been able to see THP forum as I was used to. Confusing and layout is very unappealing. Is this something on my end or did Something change?
  2. P

Limited Edition Vokey A60 degree Wedge

Just ordered a “A”grind 60 degree Vokey wedge. It is supposed to be a modified “L” grind with less bounce and thinner leading edge which will hopefully work out better for the hard pan ground that we have on many Texas courses. From my experience, I have not found that “more bounce is better “...
  3. P

Leaving pin flag in cup

Sorry if this has been addressed but couldn't find it in a forum search. Do you feel that there is a scoring advantage in leaving the flagstick in the cup while putting?
  4. P

Best Way To Add Weight To Odyssey EXO Seven Head?

Just got a EXO Seven and seeking best way to add at least 30 grams at the head (not counterbalance). Previously used 375 gr Piretti 35” and new Seven is 350 gr and 32”. Swings way too light.
  5. P

Geoff Mangum

Is the “Putting Zone” Forum still active? Haven’t seen anything new from or about Geoff Mangum in quite awhile. His putting theories and mathematical observations were interesting but different.
  6. P

Do older golfers end up quitting cold turkey or just slow up?

I find myself playing less often the past year or so. This is mostly due to the few people I usually play with play less frequently. I also don’t get around like I used to and not near as flexible. I’m wondering if most older golfers just quit playing cold turkey (like some drug and tobacco...
  7. P

80* lie Angle Putter

Has anyone bent their putter to a 80 degree lie (10 degrees off vertical)? This seems to give me the best results of a true straight back straight through under arm putt.
  8. P

Sidesaddle putting

Would like to ask golfers that have switched to sidesaddle putting: How satisfied are you with this new style? how much practice did it take for successful conversion? what were the specs and discription of new putter for this style? did you try it for awhile and go back to conventional putting...
  9. P

Greens Can Get Rough In Texas

Some golfers don't like to get pushed and in Texas it can get a little rough................. http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/11/28/golfer-beats-another-with-club-inflicts-brain-injury/
  10. P

Signature (Whats In My Bag) Updates

Probably a stupid question but when you update your signature or whats in your bag, does it update all of your posts of the past? In searching equipment in older post I often read of how great a certain club is to someone just to notice that that is not the club they show to be bagging. As an...
  11. P

High Heat Driver

Is anyone that purchased a High Heat Driver still using it? Reading some of the older threads on this, it sounded like several people including JB spoke positively about it except the sound it made. I'm just wondering if it ever took off. I don't recall seeing any signatures with it in their bag.
  12. P

Question About Great Big Bertha Hosel Adjustment

I just bought a GBB 5 wood, used, from Golfsmith. Looking on the Callaway website for settings and looks like the inner ring (next to head) is Bias and outer ring is loft. The bias instruction doesn't mention what the +1 is used for and the loft instruction doesn't list what the N is used for...
  13. P

Swing Line Compensation For Open Face Wedge Shots

All of the instructions i've seen say you have to swing left to compensate for opening the face on a wedge. Close to the green I usually open a wedge up about 45* and swing straight to the pin and the ball goes straight to the pin. Where I am off is the distance. Why should you have to...
  14. P

Foursome Of Strangers Etiquette

I nearly always have a foursome consisting of 3 other golf buddies. Occasionally only two of us show up and we are paired with another twosome. Starting with the tee-box, some want to play from other than we usually play. That's OK, we can go along with any of the boxes they choose and it...
  15. P

Just A Thought For Ben Hogan Experience Crowd

Just want to remind those that are planning to attend the Ben Hogan event that Fort Worth, Texas is also the home of UST Mamiya Shafts which is a growing company with some excellent products that is very customer friendly and welcomes visitors questions and concerns...
Back