Search results for query: *

1. uitar99

All Rounds Should Be Four Hours or Less

My wife and I play a lot of munis. In our city and when travelling. The number of times our foursome has been whined at by course Marshalls for being behind pace of play is surprisingly high. I try to always get involved. The first question is always "do you want us to hit into that group...
  2. uitar99

All Rounds Should Be Four Hours or Less

Playing 18 holes usually takes 6 hours out of my day, regardless of the time to play 18 holes. Whether 18 takes 3:58 or 4:11.
  3. uitar99

Do I have a reasonable chance of REALLY improving?

As well as short game being an easier way to save a few strokes, set up, for me, is another. Too close/ too far from the ball, ball too far back/forward in the stance, teed too high/too low. Its amazing what a little talcum powder on a club face can tell you. and no need to change that hinky...
  4. uitar99

Long Hitters - A Question

We are not long hitters. When we are matched with folks that can legitimately hit long, we just hit first. Why waste time waiting for him/her. Then just hide behind a tree or to a side and let a long hitter hit. You bet...thats my job, keeping up with the group ahead. I rarely turn around to...
  5. uitar99

The 60 and over Thread

I don't care about what my technique looks like. I just need to have the snow go in the direction I want it moved. It worked. 3 inches down and more to come. Gonna get the blower out tonight.
  6. uitar99

Favorite Drills?

My drill is slo motion, no ball, stopping at the quarter I place on the floor. Is my club face still in line. I rather play golf than practice golf swing changes. I don't have enough time left. I learned that for my swing, set up in relation to the ball, and closing the face at address, While...
  7. uitar99

The 60 and over Thread

Had a week of +15C. Now we are going to enjoy a week of sub 0C and anywhere up to 30 CM's of snow. Feb and March are the big snow months. At least the earth is a little closer to that ball of light and the ground is warming up. It won't stay long. We never get out before April 10
  8. uitar99

Playing with back pain?

I started getting lower back pain after joining a road cycling club. Then adding sitting at a desk in front of a keyboard and commuting in a car. Back never straight , arms out in front of me. Back tight, stomach loose. Started doing some stretching and planks and walking daily the past 3 or 4...
  9. uitar99

Relief from Divot Rule?

Don't disagree. On the munis I play, there is no seed/sand mix available. So I give the fresh pelts a home as I walk along.
  10. uitar99

Relief from Divot Rule?

It sure would be nice if folks picked up the pelt and replaced it or learned how a rake works. While waiting for others to putt, I fix ball marks. After skulling a ball out of ten footprints in a bunker I rake it. While walking down the fairway I pick up fresh pelts and place them in the next...
  11. uitar99

#PushCartMafia - Are you in?

Other than events or family vacation golf I walk every round. Have a cheap two weheel cart bought for $60 5 years ago. What helps me over the years is making sure I walk every day in the winter. Once spring opens it up, I don't have to walk into golf walking shape And...if we keep walking...
  12. uitar99

Right shoulder dive: Old Man shakes fist at sky

At first my PT determined nothing was broken or torn. Just swollen from the contact. She did tell me to take it easy at first. Just push gradually until it just started to hurt then back off. And got me stretching both sides. She told me repetition is the thing that will keep the joint moving.
  13. uitar99

Right shoulder dive: Old Man shakes fist at sky

Nov 2020...old man slipped on snow covered gravel and landed on right shoulder. By next day, it was locked up. Went to my wife's PT. She got me into a stretch band and pulley system routine with other stretches thrown in. She told me, if you do this, everyday, for the rest of your life, you...
  14. uitar99

Putter Advice Needed for Mid-Handicap

For a season, I spent every Friday lunch hour at a local practice green. Pretty well just did lag putting. My goal was within three foot. Limited it to straight lines. It definitely helped. Bought a cheap putting map and use it most winters. 6 foot only. Beyond that, the payback is way less...
  15. uitar99

Do you play golf to get better?

My old man par is 90. Par +1. I love playing golf. If I improve, its a bonus.
  16. uitar99

Watching the pros putt….

I enjoy listening to the folks who talk about the green, the break, the speed. and I like periodically checking tour pro stats. 2024 Putting from 6 feet-69% Putting from 10 feet-Tour average -37% Just puts putting difficulty into perspective for me. Reduces my stupid expectations.
  17. uitar99

Last Concert You Attended?

My son (36) took me (70) to see Meshuggah and In Flames last November. We are going to see Machine head and Fear Factory tonight. Not my normal daily listening but I like the vibe and the fact he still likes to take me. I have a bag of ear plugs I take with me.
  18. uitar99

When to Lay Up?

Knowing "your" carry distances. I am very conservative. If I do not think I can carry that penalty, I don't. I don't want the double/triple. My wife on the other hand will try for any obstacle and take the double/triple. She is a risk taker.
  19. uitar99

How long do you go between haircuts? who does it for you?

Since covid I do my own. Bought a home clipper kit for $80 bucks. Good enough for me.
  20. uitar99

The 60 and over Thread

Three years later. Turning 71 in the early spring. Still WFH and still remember my name. Thankfully, still walking 18 and doing the daily routine. Added a heavy fan for winter swinging. Trying to do 40 swings three days a week just to keep the golf swinging muscles from losing strength as fast...
Back