Search results for query: *

1. patriotcoach

Looking THPERS in The Villages or nearby area

I will be staying in The Villages for an extended weekend and looking for some golfers to play golf with. I will be there from June 22-27. I am willing to play within the Villages or outside the Villages. My father lives in the Villages, but will be out of town over the weekend. Just hoping...
  2. patriotcoach

Update on my new CC fitted clubs after 6 months

I have played 50 outdoor rounds with my new Mizuno Hot Metal irons and Callaway Epic Max LS driver. First, the driver I have loved from the first swing. I have gained 15-20 yards. The 40g Aldila shaft has allowed me to stay smooth to get the distance. The Mizuno irons took me a little...
  3. patriotcoach

Possibly moving to Tennessee

My wife has given me the ok to move out of Ohio, but only as far south as Tennessee. We plan on looking at Fairfield Glade and Tellico Village. We need to stay within a day's drive back to NW Ohio. Any other suggestions? I know both of these places have nice golf on property. Any ideas on...
  4. patriotcoach

Doing a Club Champion full bag, no putter fitting. Any suggestions?

I am doing a full bag, no putter fitting at CC on Friday in Columbus. A gift from my son(xhail). I am interested to see what they come up with for me. I have never had a fitting. I don't expect to buy anything at this time, but may get a driver if I feel that is a good match for me. Otherwise we...
  5. patriotcoach

I think I have the YIPS! HELP!

I have been a pretty good putter for most of my golfing life, but this year has been horrible. I have been very inconsistent and now have lost all confidence that I can not pull the putter back at times. Any advice?
  6. patriotcoach

FS 2015 Calaway XR Irons (4-A wedge)

I am selling my 2015 Callaway XR irons. They have had 2 years of play 5 to 6 days a week in NW Ohio season. They have Project X 5.5 regular shafts and Golf Pride midsize tour wrap grips, which have been on for 1 year. I am asking $300 for the set, but will take any other reasonable offer. I...
  7. patriotcoach

WTB 10.5 TM M2 Driver head RH

I am currently gaming an M1 and would like to try an M2. I only need the head. If someone has one that they want to get rid of, I am willing to talk.
  8. patriotcoach

Golf Trip Competitive or Fun?

We all go on golf trips with a group. Do you go to have fun above all or do you let your competitive nature reduce the fun for you and the others in the group? I have been competitive to the point that I lose out on the fun of the experience. As I have gotten older, this has become less of a...
  9. patriotcoach

Golf Trip Advise needed

Making a driving trip to Florida from NW Ohio. Want to stop a couple of times on way down and couple on way back. Any suggestions of where there are nice places to play along I75? I am willing to go off the track somewhat, but not too far. Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and possibly Alabama...
  10. patriotcoach

Midsize grips? Need some advice!

I have tried some midsize grips and have loved the feel. I have delayed getting them because I cannot decide what brand to buy. I love my Golf Pride Tour Wrap grips and thought that would be the way I would go, but there are so many out there. I need some advice.
  11. patriotcoach

Golf Courses to play in Gatlinburg, TN

Taking a trip with the wife to the Smokey Mountains this weekend. I am taking my clubs. Any suggestions for must play courses for reasonable price?
  12. patriotcoach

Swing keys

Everyone has swing keys and everyone has to sort out which ones you want to focus on more. Mine vary throughout the round. I start the day on the range with my basic ball position, take away, and front hip transition. As the round goes it changes at times with swing problems in the round. Just...
  13. patriotcoach

Golf is Fun! Competitively?

I have a difficult time dealing with my love and enjoyment of the game of golf and the competition factor that we often put on the game. I want to know how you THPers work out the conflict of fun and competition. When I play, I am always competing against the course. How do you make sure you...
  14. patriotcoach

Happy Birthday Xhail!

Sorry to do this so late in the day, but I played club championship and took him out for his birthday. A great THPer and a better son! Happy Birthday! Thanks for letting me beat you today on the course.
  15. patriotcoach

What determines when you "Tee it Forward"?

In my younger years I always enjoyed the challenge of playing the back tees, but as the years have passed I want to challenge myself and still enjoy the game by having chances to reach par 4's without hitting driver-3 wood to get there. I have a yardage guideline for the course and pick the tee...
  16. patriotcoach

Looking for new Golf League format

Our golf league has tried different formats in order to find one that is fair to all skill level players. I am hoping to find our from you THPers what your leagues do or if you have suggestions.
  17. patriotcoach

Ohio newbe

My son suggested this site to me and I have met a few people who are on here. I am looking forward to seeing all the things that I can do on this site. I am a retired teacher and LOVE golf. I was a high school golf coach as well.
Back