Search results for query: *

1. bobgeorge

Strapped - YouTube Golf Reality Show

Anyone watched the golf reality TV show “Strapped” on Youtube? I watched two eposides and it seems pretty interesting. If you have never watched it….it is about 2 golfers who are given $500 to go on golf trips including golf, hotel, food, etc. I guess they mostly play munis….watch what they...
  2. bobgeorge

Drone Video of my Home Course

I recently bought a DJI Mavic Air 2 and this is my 1st attempt at doing a video.
  3. bobgeorge

Should 'Flagstick In' be the standard after COVID19?

I've played 3 rounds under COVID19 with the flagstick in and it doesn't really seem to make a difference for me or anyone I played with. Should it stay the standard Post-COVID19?
  4. bobgeorge

Golf by Choice

I am a Choice Hotel member and got an email this morning where you can earn points buying golf equipment and scheduling rounds through there website. Sounds like a easy way of earning points if you are going to buy the stuff anyway. https://www.golfbychoice.com/ Anyone used it or comments?
  5. bobgeorge

Handicap Question

I was reading about the World Golf Handicap system and was wondering about a few things...like your handicap differential is adjusted based on what other players post for that day? does it matter what tee box you play from? It would seem like if you play from a closer tee box your score would...
  6. bobgeorge

"New and Shiny" or "Stick to What Works"?

I understand this is kind of heresy on golf forums but it has been a slow golf year for me so far...only about 4 rounds since March...but one thing I have learned is golf is about enjoying your time on the course and playing the best golf with the equipment you have. I haven't bought any...
  7. bobgeorge

FS: Cleveland 2135 Elevado putter 34"

Selling a Elevado (2016 model). I used it for probably 10 rounds. Length: 34" Grip: Superstroke Flatso Countercore with 50g weight Headcover included Asking $100 obo shipped to the lower 48.
  8. bobgeorge

Drone Video of Augusta National

This might have been posted before....but this is a video two years ago of Augusta in the summer months while it is closed for maintenance. It is amazing they can bring it back to a thing in beauty for the Masters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=pkNPiY-j7nE
  9. bobgeorge

Driver/Iron Shootout?

JB - Back in 2010 THP did a driver shootout (https://www.thehackersparadise.com/2010-driver-shoot-out-results/). Any thoughts on re-starting doing shootouts to compare current drivers, irons, etc?
  10. bobgeorge

FS: PIng G Driver 9* with the Alta CB Premium (regular) Shaft

Selling used Ping G driver...here are the specifics: - 9 degree - New Alta CB premium (regular flex) shaft (The one that comes with the Ping G400) - New Golf Pride grip - G30 headcover btw....the scratches on the face grooves do not affect play. I don't know how they got there....but I have...
  11. bobgeorge

FS: Ping G Crossover 3

Selling used Ping G Crossover 3. It is in great condition. Asking $XXX OBO shipped within the U.S. - Regular shaft - Blue dot (.75 degree upright) - Golf Pride CP2 Pro grip (like new)
  12. bobgeorge

Driver/Iron Price Points?

Whenever JDM irons such as Miura or USDM such as PXG irons get discussed the main issue that comes up is "they are too expensive" and "there is no added performance for the extra money you pay" so what do you feel are acceptable price points for drivers/irons? Drivers - $500? (a lot of the...
  13. bobgeorge

Can Most Golfers Control Spin?

They were having a junior tournament at the course in my neighborhood and as I was walking my dog I saw two hit approach shots into an island green par 3. One hit it even with the pin and the other was short, but both backed the ball up about 10 feet or so. The one that was short almost spun...
  14. bobgeorge

FS: Cleveland 2135 Elevado putter 34"

I have too many putters and I need to sell a few. The Elevado is a great putter but I have decided to go in a different direction. Sadly it is the club ho in me. I figured let a THPer use it instead of it sitting in my basement. I have probably used it for 10 rounds. Length: 34" Grip...
  15. bobgeorge

Two Club Tournament - Which Two?

So I got invited to play in a two club tournament on Saturday. The putter counts as one club. Which two clubs do you recommend? For what it is worth, I think I might be able to putt with a fairway wood.
  16. bobgeorge

Digital Golf Pass and Tee Times Book

I got an email today about Digital Golf Pass (https://www.digitalgolfpass.com). It looks like you pay $45 then you can get reduced prices for tee times at selected courses. I think it might be the digital version of the Tee Times book I use to buy in Virginia. I liked the book, but some...
  17. bobgeorge

Head to Head Comparisons?

THP and all, Any thoughts to doing head-to-head comparisons? Reviews are nice, but a comparison would show which driver is really the longest and/or most accurate. Examples would be: - Have X amount of THPers test all the 2017 model drivers...show stats for distance, accuracy, etc. - Have...
  18. bobgeorge

What Happened to the 4 Wood?

A few years ago 4 Woods were all the rage. There was a lot of talk about 4 Woods being better for distance, etc. Now it seems like OEMs don't even release them anymore? Based on looking at a few OEM sites 4 Woods were normally in the 17 degree loft range. Now 5 Woods are in the 17.5 -...
  19. bobgeorge

The Chicken (Your Swing/Mental Game) or the Egg (Equipment Technology)?

Along with having fun, the purpose of golf is to have a lower number on your scorecard after 18 holes. My title has to do with what has the most impact on your score....your swing/mental game to include course management or equipment technology? The reason I ask is over the last 5-10 years...
  20. bobgeorge

Holly Sonders - What Happened to Her?

Is Holly still a side line reporter during NFL games? Was she at the U.S. Open this year? She seems to have disappeared? I have not heard much about her anymore. For a while she was golf's "it" girl.
Back