Search results for query: *

1. spaceace414

Palm Springs Golf!

My best friend and I spent last week in Palm Springs, CA. It was my first time there and I was blown away. We played in a three day amateur event, playing PGA West Dunes, Indian Wells Celebrity (freaking amazing course), and Firecliff. I did come in last in my flight but this is mostly due to...
  2. spaceace414

Moving Front Foot On Downswing

Was playing with my buddy on Saturday and he noticed I was sliding the front of my lead foot toward the target as I start my downswing. The heel stays in place, but the front part of my foot moves toward the target quite a few inches. I do have a bad back and sometimes have trouble getting...
  3. spaceace414

Pebble Beach - April 14th!! Tips & Advice

So I have the best wife in the world. I just found out that I am playing Pebble Beach next Saturday, April 14th. It is my 50th birthday and she wanted it to be special. I am pretty speechless right now. We are staying at Spanish Bay and I am playing Spyglass on Monday. I had planned on walking...
  4. spaceace414

What Is The NEW "Go To" Club In Your Bag?

What is a club in your bag that you seldom hit or a club that just never fared well with you, but suddenly it has gained prominence? For me it is my 6 iron. It is a club I had barely ever used for years, then I moved to Colorado and my distance changed and that club suddenly became a yardage...
  5. spaceace414

The Worst Golf Shoe You Have Worn

I see lots of threads about golf shoes and asking for recommendations. On the opposite end, what is the worst shoe you have worn during your years of playing golf? Mine is pretty easy. I bought a pair of Greg Norman Shark shoes back in the 90's. They were white and looked very sharp. They were...
  6. spaceace414

New People Watching You Hit - Is It A Problem?

I will admit that I get intimidated when playing with a new group or there is a group waiting on the tee behind us and they are watching. I feel like I have all these eyes on me and I feel the pressure to hit a good shot. I have gotten much better with it as I have gotten older and don't care...
  7. spaceace414

My Scottsdale Trip

We arrived in Scottsdale last Saturday morning and asked my wife if she had any interest in attending the TPC which was just a few miles up the road. I found that she would rather have her arm cut off than to go watch golf, so Saturday and Sunday were reserved for eating out and checking out...
  8. spaceace414

Skechers Golf Shoes

I have decided to get back to walking this year. I used to walk a lot, but my buddy likes to ride and I have been lazy the last four years. After gaining too much weight, I am now getting back in shape and want to stay that way. I am looking for a pair of COMFORTABLE golf shoes that are great...
  9. spaceace414

Do You Easily Find Your Ball?

I seem to be much better at finding other people's ball when lost than my own. Maybe it is because I am paying much more attention when they hit? There is one guy I play with who is much older but has an eagle eye and can always find my ball (or any ball for that matter) when hit into the rough...
  10. spaceace414

Going to Scottsdale in February - Some Course Advice Please

My wife has a conference starting February 5th and I am going along for the week to play golf. We are staying in an area called Old Town (not familiar with Scottsdale at all) but I know there are tons of courses in the area. I went to Phoenix last year with my buddy and we played a Troon course...
  11. spaceace414

What Revelation Did You Have This Golf Year?

I think my big revelation came because of my new friend. My wife and I met a new couple a few years ago and became fast friends. He is a big golfer, so we hit it off big time and have been playing a lot. By nature I am a very competitive person. At the beginning of the year my friend pointed...
  12. spaceace414

Callway Apex 3H & 5H Seem Different

I bought the Callway Apex 5H back in early summer and love it. The ball has such a great sound coming off the face and love the flight. I bought this club at Golf Galaxy. A month later I bought the Apex 3H off of Ebay from a highly ranked Golf vendor. The club is used although looks really...
  13. spaceace414

Why Do I Hit My 3W So Well But Not My Driver?

I tend to just really hit my 3W very well off the tee. I can usually get it out there 250 to 270 on most days. I have been struggling with my driver, spraying it all over the place. On a good hit, I can put it out there 280 to 310. Why do I hit my 3W so much better and more consistent? Is this...
  14. spaceace414

The Smallest Fix With the Biggest Results?

What very small swing fix resulted in big results for you? I know many times we revamp our swing or make big changes, but sometimes just a minor tweak can produce big results. Mine happened a few weeks back when I had my lesson with my PGA Teaching Pro friend. All of my iron shots felt "fat". I...
  15. spaceace414

Callaway stock surges Thursday

Callaway stock surges Thursday morning after Nike Golf news In the fallout of Wednesday's news that Nike is exiting the equipment business, one of the biggest questions regards how the move will impact others in the club manufacturing world. The early answer for Callaway Golf is a positive one...
  16. spaceace414

Golf Shirts - Thrift Store

As part of the WAF (Wife Approval Factor) I started looking in some Thrift Stores for some nice golf shirts. I have actually found some very nice Nike, TW, PGA, and other shirts for $2 to $4! I only want the moisture wicking kind as well. I don't always find something, but I have collected about...
  17. spaceace414

Fight At Fossil Trace Golf Club

Sorry if this was already posted. I didn't find it in the search. Golf Fight Ends In Such A Gentlemanly Manner After Chap Gets Smashed In The Face The dude in the pink polo is highly aggressive from the get-go. Comes out of the gates with intent to end the other fella’s day of golfing and...
  18. spaceace414

Playing/Practicing After A Lesson

So I took a lesson from my PGA Teaching Pro friend down in Colorado Springs. I mentioned this in another thread...basically working on my Driver/3W and hitting my irons more crisp (also a block that comes up with all those shots). I went to the range yesterday and it almost seemed like I had...
  19. spaceace414

Putting Spin On The Ball Around The Green

I tend to be more of a sweeper of the ball thus not getting a lot of spin on the ball. I am taking a lesson with my good friend on Monday who is a PGA Teaching Pro and that is one thing we are going to work on. With that said, I watched some YouTube videos earlier in the week about putting spin...
  20. spaceace414

Entry to Pro & Web.Com Tour

Something I have always wondered. Do Golf Pros have to pay an entry fee (or any kind of fee) for entering a tournament or is that covered by the PGA? I thought I heard that players do have to pay a green fee, but that seems silly. What is the deal on this and what do the players have to do...
Back