Search results for query: *

1. Idrops

Your go to ball and why?

Keep going back to ProV. BTW the yellow ones go farther. At least that's what I keep telling my buddies.
  2. Idrops

Graphite Iron Shaft Question

I've been thinking about switching to graphite iron shafts. I have a concern though that if the ball is in deep rough/weeds and you really need to "muscle" a shot through it, the shaft may not be rigid enough to get the ball out without bending too much. Is this a valid point or not?
  3. Idrops

Iron Shaft Qualities

I may buy a new set of irons soon and I'm currently trying to determine what shaft qualities each brand has. I did the Mizuno shaft optimizer and it suggests three different shafts for my swing. I briefly tried all three in the same head and I'm not sure I can tell a big difference between...
  4. Idrops

GolfNow.com Sued for 100 Million

An article in the Orlando Sentinel reports the GolfNow website is being sued for $100 million for cybertheft of EZLinks tee time reservation software. GolfNow denies wrongdoing. Not sure how this will play out but it just goes to show how software development can be very proprietary.
  5. Idrops

Help Finding A Foursome

Dear Abbey, I play golf every weekend in a steady foursome. If I don't I go crazy. You know the feeling. Well, our steady foursome has turned into a twosome as two of the guys have had to drop out for various reasons. We have tried to get two more guys to no avail. We have tried pairing...
  6. Idrops

When Graphite Iron Shafts?

How do you know if one should use a graphite iron shaft? I never hit a graphite iron until this past week at GS I tried the RBZ and Cleveland just for kicks and although I wasn't on the monitor, it sure did have less vibration and the contact seemed good. I know there used to be a notion...
  7. Idrops

Metta World Idiot

The more I see the replay of his elbow to Harden, the more I think he needs to be banned from the NBA. He could have easily caused permanent skull or spine damage with that blow. Do you think a 7 game suspension fits the crime?
  8. Idrops

My New Scotty Grip

Have been looking to replace the grip on my Scotty Cameron putter for some time now. It got very slick and I wanted to find something a bit larger and softer. Happy to say I got a Winn Midsize and couldn't be happier. I'm more steady and less "handsy" with this: The tackiness is just...
  9. Idrops

Had To Change My Avatar

Unfortunately I had to euthanize our 11 year old greyhound, Tango. This happened last November and I didn't have the heart to change my Avatar until now. It was quite emotional for me. The last drive to the vet was the worst drive I've ever made. She was part of our family and the smartest...
  10. Idrops

Orlando Golf Lessons

Anyone have recommendations for a place/person to obtain outdoor lessons in Orlando? I've done some clinics to try to meet some pros but haven't found anyone that really impressed me or was flexible enough with their schedule. My criteria are as follows: I've taken Golftec lessons but would...
  11. Idrops

Wilson Duo Golf Ball

Thanks to THP and Wilson I received my case of Wilson Duo golf balls. I was a bit apprehensive to try such a low compression ball but not only was I impressed, so were the other three in my group today. The Wilson Duo claims to be the softest ball on the market with a compression rating of...
  12. Idrops

Downswing Breathing

This may seem trivial but I have a bad habit of breathing in on the takeaway and holding my breath on the downswing. I also tend to grind my teeth on the downswing. This can't be good. I'm sure it is better to breathe out on the downswing. I've tried purposely to blow out, or make a noise...
  13. Idrops

Perfect Holiday Gift

How can any serious golfer not want one of these?
  14. Idrops

NBA Bickering

I love basketball but I'm getting disgusted with the bickering between owners and players. I hope they cancel the whole season. Millionaires and billionaires are arguing about who is going to get the fans money. Let them see what it's like to lose a job.
  15. Idrops

Golf Improvement Gimmicks

I recently saw a TV ad for a golf shirt that emits negative ions making you a better player. There seems to be a thousand and one golf gimmicks touting to make your game sensational. You've seen them on TV, in magazines and in golf stores. Some are cheap, some costs hundreds, some look like...
  16. Idrops

Best Putter For Swing Arc

What aspects of putter design work best if your natural putting stroke is straight back straight through? And open back, closed through?
  17. Idrops

How $23 Made My Golf Game Better

Came home from a second disappointing round and told my wife I wasn't getting better. I started to think about lessons, where to search, who to see, how much will it cost. I pulled out a Golf digest book I've read twice thinking three time's a charm. Then I looked at my spikes and noticed the...
  18. Idrops

How Long Does Your Glove Last?

I seem to get about four or five rounds out of my glove before it starts to get stiff. Once that happens I don't like using it anymore. I tried various ways of washing them but they still come out stiff feeling. I play with either the Titleist Players or the Permasoft glove. Both act the...
  19. Idrops

Thumbs Up Bridgestone Customer Service

I ordered the free Bridgestone shirt in XLarge because they stated it was an athletic cut. Received it and loved the shirt but it fit like a tent. Did online chat with Bridgestone and the person had no idea how to exchange it because an outside entity fulfilled the rebate forms, however I...
  20. Idrops

Sanctuary Ridge Clermont Florida

Played Sanctuary Ridge. I couldn't believe how many elevation changes there were. There was a hole where you hit your tee shot down about 100 feet only to hit your second shot up about 75 feet. On another par three, the green was so low you had to take one to two clubs less. Good thing they...
Back