Search results for query: *

1. R

Is golf club tech real or marketing?

The tech is real but at varying levels for each club type. Drivers and irons(ignoring gapping issues) have benefited more than fairway woods. Take your current fairway wood and put it up against a Cobra F7 which is about to turn 5 years old and a Callaway Diablo Octane tour which is about 10...
  2. R

What’s the most you would pay for a hybrid?

New vs Old(5-10 yrs) fairways and hybrids tested on the golf course would make a great THP video. A lot of people would tune in to watch.
  3. R

Valid point on the lower lofts on irons may help certain golfers but it will create gapping issues for others. Getting fit is probably the best solution. A fun test would be to put your gamer fairway and hybrid against a Taylormade R11 and Callaway X2 hot fairway and hybrid with your gamer...
  4. R

I think you both have valid points. Technology has definitely improved the game since last century but I think it's kind of a mixed bag in the last 10 years. Driver technology seems to have improved a little over the last 10 years but fairways and hybrids not as much. Irons have improved from a...
  5. R

I would buy a previous year OEM model in very good condition at $100-150 or a new Maltby hybrid for under $100.
  6. R

3 fold combo irons?

Bernhard Langer's iron set is the most unique setup I've seen. He doesn't have a set of irons but looks at each individual iron as a tool and mixes brands and models to get the best tool for him at that particular loft.
  7. R

Putter Length

I'm a little over 6'3 with a 36" sleeve and use a 35.5" putter(self fit)but have never been fit for length or loft which I should do. I would also like to try one of the Sik putters that go from 4* to 1* of loft on the same putter face.
  8. R

Chipping.....Do you use your highest loft?

I'll chip with an 8 iron through lob wedge depending on circumstances but the 54* gets more chances than all others combined.
  9. R

Most influential drivers of the past 5-10 yrs.... .... .. .

Callaway XR driver. It can still hold its own with today's drivers in the distance and forgiveness categories.
  10. R

How would old irons compare to new ones in forgiveness?

The older Callaway irons from the original Big Bertha to the X22's are some of the most forgiving irons ever made
  11. R

Which Club When Struggling Off the Tee?

I'll go with a 4 wood or utility wood(Maltby HyWay) to get it in the fairway. 4 wood usually works but if not, I hit the utility wood dead straight.
  12. R

Why aren't there any Maltby club reviews?

I have the 23* HyWay and its total distance is about the same for me as my old 22* hybrid. However, the HyWay has a higher launch and longer carry than the hybrid and also a steeper angle of descent which will allow it to hold more greens than the hybrid. The HyWay is a great club and I think it...
  13. R

What sports record will never be broken?

Nolan Ryan's strikeouts but also his walk total (2,795). Only pitcher in MLB history with more than 2000 walks in a career. Steve Carlton is second with 1833.
  14. R

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I usually play Titleist or Srixon golf balls but I found a Maxfli Straightfli on the course and played it on the back nine and was quite impressed that it seemed to live up to its name. It wasn't the softest ball around the greens but I might buy a dozen to see how they play over multiple rounds
  15. R

How Unconventional Do You Try?

I played the Cobra F7 OL irons for a couple of years. I think if I did one length irons again I would do one length in the 5-9 irons and variable length in PW-LW if I could work out the gapping. Might also consider playing the PW-LW all the same length but at a shorter length than the 5-9 irons...
  16. R

How long before.....?

About every 4 or 5 years. Played the Ping G10 driver from 2010-2015. Callaway XR driver from 2015-2019. Replaced it with a Cobra F8 that is still in the bag.
  17. R

Good mid-tier set of irons?

Maltby Sti2 irons from the Golfworks is a terrific mid handicap iron at a terrific price. Great performance, feel and gapping.
  18. R

YOUR favorite putter ever?

Original Rife 2 bar putter. It received some strange looks from people but it was a heckuva putter
  19. R

CONTEST Win A PING G425 Hybrid

Currently play a Maltby 23* Hyway utility wood in the 4 hybrid slot. Would like to try the Ping hybrid to see the performance difference
Back