Search results for query: *

1. 3

Iron shaft 1. Lighter Shaft, Flex = Stiff vs Heavier Shaft, Flex = Regular. Same brand and model, what will be the difference ?

Just curious what will be the difference with regards to flight and distance ? Thanks.
  2. 3

CPO has gone beyond ridiculous with their deception with prices.

A friend is in the market for Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid. So I am helping him monitor the price for this club. Brand new price on major golf equipment retailer... $199. CPO advertises 25% off from $234 ??? (like new). Why is CPO's 'like new price' higher that brand new one ?
  3. 3

What is your routine the day before playing 18 holes (walking w/ a cart) ?

1. Special foods & drinks ? 2. Do you go to the range to hit golf balls ? If so, how much 3. Stretch ? 4. Do nothing ? Just curious & perhaps learn from others what is the best way to prepare for a round of 18. I only do stretching the night before as most of the time I play early, like be the...
  4. 3

Titleist Vokey SM8 really much better than SM7 that it is worth spending extra money ?

For you Wedge folks, SM7 good enough ? I use my wedges a lot....but current wedges are long in the tooth. I did buy a SM7....pretty happy with it, but curious if SM8 is worth spending a bit more to complete my set. Thanks.
  5. 3

Help on adjusting my ball flight.

I play with Callaway Epic Flash SZ Fairway woods, 3-wood 15 degrees and 5-wood 18 degrees. Currently, settings are set to neutral for both woods. Likewise I play with Maxfli Tour Ball. Issue: Currently, my ball flight will go high (very high with 5-wood), reach an apex then come down quite...
  6. 3

What are doing during the lockdown ?

I am back in my house in Colorado as employer issue work from home till May. I just bought some wood stains to do work on our patio set. This is the first project I will undertake. Next, I plan to change brake pads and rotors in my 2 vehicles. What are or will be doing ?
  7. 3

I am Tiger !!!

Absolutely falling in love with Taylormade M5 TI fairway woods. Recently traded for this club.....so easy to hit off the tee & off the deck. Believe the heavier bottom of the head does make a difference. Distance are comparable to my Epic Flash SZ. I really just wanted to get rid of woods I had...
  8. 3

Spring Cleaning, trading for a Taylormade M5 3 Wood.

Yes, I will be trading my set of 915 set of woods & hybrids plus a few random wedges plus $45 for a Taylormade M5 3 wood. Why a M5 if you are wondering ? I never owned a Taylormade club and I just want to put this 3 wood into my 2nd set bag. The price of this pricey fairway wood has gone done to...
  9. 3

Need Advise - How to tell or not tell a friend I don’t want to play with him ?

A friend, a neighbor for the last 14 years has reached that golden years but he has increasingly been annoying the heck out of me & the others in our foursome. The last few times we played with him, he had repeatedly broken the etiquette of the game. He would move or talk in the middle of...
  10. 3

Change to midsize grip, now my irons feels soft as a baby’s rear end.

I am pleasantly surprised by going one size bigger with the grips. I changed the grips on my original Ben Hogan PTX irons as the grips became slippery leading to a very unstable club specially on my backswing. The lady recommended to either double wrap the tape or go midsize, I opted for a...
  11. 3

So P. Reed's Lawyer threatens lawsuit...

If Chamblee continues to call Mr. Shovel.....Cheater. Good luck, proof is on video.
  12. 3

Have a Merry and safe Xmas everyone !!!

I am heading off to be with family to start the festivities. Prediction: Golf range will be in full capacity with brand spanking new toys on the 26th !!
  13. 3

Travel: Do you bring your stand bag ?

I have a cart bag and stand bag. But the cart bag is a tight fit with Clubglider Meridian bag. The stand bag is a better fit, but concerned that the legs can break during the trip. Has anyone experience broken legs when traveling with stand bags ? Oh my stand bag is a Sun Mountain 4.5. Any...
  14. 3

Getting into Ping G400 bandwagon, but it’s taking a US Tour courtesy of Fedex

I took advantage of cool prices for Ping G400 LST to replace my aging I25 driver. Purchased via online retailer, Worldwide Golf. I opted for the cheapest ground shipping.....as I monitor the shipping progress, my oh my, this driver is taking a tour of the Midwest enroute to California...
  15. 3

Golf Travel Bag What is the correct size ?

I purchased a Sun Mountain Meridian Club Glider specifically for the design of the extra wheels. I want to use my cart bag for travel. The bag fits but a bit tight. To close the bag, I had to push the bag to compress it a bit so I can close the travel bag. Is this too tight ? Travel bag is too...
  16. 3

Fall has set foot in the Rocky Mountains ---- Color choice of golf balls ?

Played over the weekend.....I had difficulty finding white or red golf balls even on the fairway. With all these 'new' choices of colors from several ball manufacturers, what is your color of choice this time of the year ?
  17. 3

Mizuno MP68 irons,what will I gain changing to Nippon Shafts, 950gh,Modus 105 or 120?

I have owned this irons since they came out fitted with DG S300. Recently, I purchased a single iron, Hogan PTX 21 degrees, fitted with 950Gh. This was an instant love affair. Nice ball flight, feedback on the hands was fanstatic. Which brings me to thinking I should change the shafts on my...
  18. 3

Do you clean your clubs after each shot ?

I do wipe off/clean my clubs each shot. But the folks I play with, oh my not even sure how they can even get an ounce of spin off their irons. Just curious if you play with clean clubs each shot.
  19. 3

WTB: Callaway CF16 6 Iron

Prefer one that is fitted with KBS shaft, but will purchase regardless of shaft. Thanks.
  20. 3

Please recommend a poor man's version of Taylor Made Spider putter

I love the Taylor Made Spider version notable the black version with Milled Pure Roll insert. But the entry fee is quite steep. I also love this mallet style as it cuts down on twisting the putter head during the backswing. is there a putter with comparable performance but with a better price...
Back