Search results for query: *

1. J

Shaft suggestion for senior golfer

I'm looking at what's available from Callaway and none of those are an option.
  2. J

Shaft suggestion for senior golfer

Trying to decide between two light weight shafts. Senior golfer needing light weight shaft and high launch. Aldila Ascent PL Blue 50 Project X Cypher 2.0 50 Looking for the one that launches highest and provides the most spin. I think they Aldila has a shaft weight of 52 grams and the...
  3. J

Need a cheap all leather glove for practice sessions.

Sorry on the Caddy Daddy Claw - I don't do well with synthetic gloves, but I'm going to try the MGGOLF gloves since the price is right even if they don't last a long time. I also ordered some from Costco since the price is right.
  4. J

Need a cheap all leather glove for practice sessions.

I typically use a Callaway Dawn Patrol or some other glove that is Cabretta leather, but I can wear through a glove (upper palm) in a week just practicing indoors. I can hit a hundred shots indoors or more in one practice session. Anyone know of a cheap Cabretta glove that might wear better?
  5. J

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Irons & Hybrids Review

Is the head on the HL and Max/Fast identical except for the loft differences. Just wondering where the weight savings take place in the Max/Fast?
  6. J

Cobra DARKSPEED Irons

Still comparing these to the T350's - pretty much same specs but can't control loft differences. They are feeling better than my first couple sessions but a new concern after watching a video showing that the irons appearance takes a hit after hitting a lot and rattling around in your bag. I...
  7. J

Cobra DARKSPEED Irons

Order a 7i with my standard specs to see how it compared to my gamers. No. It's a smaller head than I expected, but for my swing speed, it does not perform as good as those in the bag - T350's. Spin is a little better, but distance, even with the stronger lofts, is 5 - 10 yards shorter for...
  8. J

Club trade ins at GG, DSG, PGASS

I'm partial to helping veterans enjoy the game, so I donated a couple of relatively new sets to them via 2nd Swing. Got a tax write off but that wasn't my motivation. This country still doesn't do enough for our veterans so I'm more than happy to pick up some of the slack. Here's the link for...
  9. J

Completely Down the Rabbit Hole

I donated two sets of irons to Veterans (via 2nd Swing) because I just wanted to keep from seeing them.
  10. J

2024 XXIO 13 Review

Seriously, with so many manufacturers now offering a lightweight option - Ping G430 HL, Taylormade QI10 HL, Callaway AI Smoke Max Fast - is there really any advantage that the XXIO brand offers? Asking for a friend.
  11. J

2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I've played or tested just about every ball on the market. In the end, I ended up playing the Taylormade Tour Response for the better part of this season. However, I had one issue with the ball. Just wasn't performing as well on the greens (putting) like I remembered the Chrome Soft. I'm a...
  12. J

2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

I've been hitting a few with the T200's and not sure I can say that they are necessarily softer feeling than the T300's. Could be I'm still adjusting to them and finding the center of the face consistently will take a little time because it is a little smaller than the T300's. Distance seems...
  13. J

EXPERIENCE The 2023 Titleist Experience

Ordered my combo set through Golf Galaxy (48* - 7i T200, 5i and 6i T350) on August 11 (Friday) and delivered to Golf Galaxy on 8/17/2023 for pickup. I've been waiting for a break in our unseasonable HOT HOT weather to get these out for a round. Hopefully this Sunday when the weather gets back...
  14. J

EXPERIENCE The 2023 Titleist Experience

One of the issues that my fitter noted during my fitting. The T200 had much better turf interaction than the T350. I noticed that the T350 was a little too bulky for me in the short irons up to the 7i so I went with the T200 which offered much better turf interaction.
  15. J

2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

Had a fitting today with Titleist rep at Golf Galaxy. Senior golf (75 years old) and currently playing T300 with Tensei standard senior shaft, 2 degrees flat, and 1/4 inch short. After trying the T150, T200, and T350, I settled on the T200 in the 48 - 7i, T350 in the 5i and 6i. T200 just...
  16. J

New 2023 Titleist T-Series Irons Debut on Tour

I have a fitting scheduled at the local Golf Galaxy for August 12th. Will probably be fitted for the T350. Anyone have any feedback on them yet?
  17. J

Mizuno JPX923 Irons

I think as time goes on, you will eliminate the fliers and become more consistent. My personal opinion is that it takes about 5-6 rounds and a few range sessions to get new clubs dialed in. I recently went through this after playing the Titleist T300's for almost 2 1/2 years. Switched to the...
  18. J

Callaway Chrome Soft vs Maxfli Tour S - similar or different?

Just curious if any has compared these two balls.
  19. J

My dad turns 70 today, need some iron advice

I'm 75 and play to a 12 hc. I've been playing the T300's for the last two generations (about 3 years) and really enjoy them. Will probably buy the next iteration as well; however, I just switched to the G430's HL. I was tempted to go with the regular G430's but after hearing how your swing...
Back