Search results for query: *

1. J

Shaft suggestion for senior golfer

Trying to decide between two light weight shafts. Senior golfer needing light weight shaft and high launch. Aldila Ascent PL Blue 50 Project X Cypher 2.0 50 Looking for the one that launches highest and provides the most spin. I think they Aldila has a shaft weight of 52 grams and the...
  2. J

Need a cheap all leather glove for practice sessions.

I typically use a Callaway Dawn Patrol or some other glove that is Cabretta leather, but I can wear through a glove (upper palm) in a week just practicing indoors. I can hit a hundred shots indoors or more in one practice session. Anyone know of a cheap Cabretta glove that might wear better?
  3. J

Callaway Chrome Soft vs Maxfli Tour S - similar or different?

Just curious if any has compared these two balls.
  4. J

Senior golfers rejoice - Ping G430 HL

Looking for some new irons to put in the bag this year and I've come down to the Srixon Mark II ZX4's vs the Ping G430 HL. I've been comparing the 7i's for some time now and I'm having a hard time deciding between these two. The G430's are just so easy to control due to the lighter weight...
  5. J

Golf balls for slow swing speeds

One of my playing partners was told that they should play a high spin ball because they will get more distance, and yet, they have a very slow swing speed. This seems contrary to what I have read here and elsewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong, but high spin balls are typically higher...
  6. J

Callaway wedges are raw only?

And I missing something or is Callaway all-in on raw wedges? I was going to order some new MD5 wedges, but with the limited lofts, nothing works for me. Looks like the only wedges with all the grinds and lofts are the raw wedges. What if you don't want "raw" wedges?
  7. J

Looking for wedges with a v-sole?

I'm currently playing the Ben Hogan Equalizer II wedges that have a v-sole. In my opinion, this is why they are so darn good. As much as I like them, just wondering if there are any that have the v-sole and if anyone has an opinion on those that do. I think the v-sole makes it much easier...
  8. J

Hybrid for the senior golfer where distance is king.

Senior golfer. I don't have problems hitting my hybrid, but just wondering what other senior golfers are using to maximize their distance.
  9. J

Suggestions for fairway wood for senior golfer

I'm a senior golfer looking for a 5w to replace my current Mavrik 5w. I'm not married to any one brand so I'm open to suggestions. My Mavrik has a senior (F2) recoil shaft and once again, I'm open to other suggestions.
  10. J

Help me decide - ZX5 or ZX4?

Senior golfer, 74 years old, 12 hc, play minimum of twice a week during the season, not afraid to spend time on the practice range, slow swing speed and not a long hitter, depend on short game for results. i'm looking for a second set to store at our vacation home. Tried of traveling with...
  11. J

Wedge shafts compared to senior iron shafts?

I'm currently playing T300's with their stock senior shaft. Just wondering what you would suggest for the weight of the shaft wedge? I've typically gone with a slightly heavier shaft (around 80 grams) and recently purchased a Titleist SM8 with the Dynamic Gold wedge steel shaft. I don't know...
  12. J

Need a 2nd set of irons - Srixon ZX5 or Mizuno 921 Hot Metal?

I'm looking to purchase a 2nd set of irons for my vacation home. Traveling with golf clubs is not something I enjoy doing. I've kind of narrowed it down to the Srixon ZX5 vs the 921jpx Hot Metal. Just looking for some feedback from those that have played one or both. Current gamers are...
  13. J

2022 Bridgestone Tour B RX vs RSX?

I know what Bridgestone's promotional material says - RX is distance ball, and RXS has tour level spin. My question is, how much distance do you give up if you go with the RX and how much more spin do you get with the RXS. I know it's difficult to put this into absolute values, but maybe they...
  14. J

Rogue ST Max vs Rogue ST Max OS / OS Lite

Can someone tell me if the OS version of the Rogue ST Max is actually larger (head size) than the Rogue ST Max. I prefer smaller head size and while the OS has some good numbers, it probably wouldn't suit me.
  15. J

Callaway Super Hybrid vs Mavrik Max Hybrid

I bought a Super Hybrid thinking that it would deliver more distance than the Mavrik Max that I have been using. However, according to my launch monitor, the Mavrik Max is actually delivering more distance than I can get out of the Super Hybrid. Shafts are a different but both are senior flex...
  16. J

PXG Gen 3 XF irons

Any opinions on the Gen 3 XF irons? They are priced very aggressively and have gotten generally pretty good reviews, but I'm a senior golfer just looking for a better mousetrap. Tell me what you think.
  17. J

Looking for real estate agent in the Coachella Valley

The wife and I are interested in buying a home in the Coachella Valley during the next year. First step is to find a reliable agent that will find us a suitable option. Anyone know of a decent agent to contact?
  18. J

Everyone says, get fit, but here's a reason why you really want to get fit.

Recently went to Palm Springs for a vacation. In addition to playing golf on their spectacular golf courses, I scheduled an iron fitting and driver fitting with True Spec. I've previously had an iron fitting at Club Champion so I was curious to see if there was any difference between the two...
  19. J

What will they fit me into?

I have a iron fitting scheduled with True Spec golf in Palm Dessert next Saturday. Currently playing T300 with their stock senior shaft. I'm 74 years old and always looking for more distance without sacrificing dispersion. Play to about a 12 handicap. Any guesses what they might come up with...
  20. J

Would most golfers benefit from a less skinny ball?

Just wondering how everyone feels about playing a ball that spins less? Why? Well, most golfers tend to hit the ball shorter, rather than longer. On approach shots, the ball would release more and might end up closer to the hole on those occasions when they under hit their shot. Does this...
Back