Search results for query: *

1. SPG40

Project X shaft type?

Hey all, I just was trying out the new Titleist TS and an M4 today and tried several different shafts. The shaft that felt best to me was a Project X that I can’t recall the type of shaft was 6.0 flex. I’ll describe the characteristics of it. Never mind guys it’s an Evenflow felt very nice...
  2. SPG40

Do you love golf too much?

Have you ever thought you could love golf too much? I guess I have, I was playing 4-5 times a week last summer and practiced almost every other day. Sadly, I became burnt out on golf and actually almost started to hate what I once loved. My swing on my short irons was hooking too much and I...
  3. SPG40

Finally I made it!

It has been over two and a half years on this great site and I finally hit my 1000th post! I have not been the most active poster here, but have always enjoyed the great reviews, testing threads and general banter and friendships I have made here. Here's to all of you Thpers and especially JB...
  4. SPG40

Need help cleaning Driver

Hey guys, does anyone know how to remove white tee marks off the bottom of my driver? It is a Titliest 913 and the marks only show up on the different metal on the outside bottom edge. The metal finish is different in this area, more of a matte, non-shined surface compared to a shined high gloss...
  5. SPG40

Snedeker wins his first Major

This guy was the hottest player on tour this season until his rib injury. If Brandt hadn't injured himself he may have been the odds on favorite this week instead of Tiger. His putting is spot on and I love his swing and carefree playstyle. He plays briskly and his attitude is that of a...
  6. SPG40

Q Star - Will this type of ball really make you straighter?

First off Im starting this thread to find out what other users of a Q star or E6 ( or other brands of a straight flight ball) ball really find they play more straight than a tour ball. Im not a pro golfer or even a low capper and I just switched to a tour urethane ball two seasons ago and Im not...
  7. SPG40

Rory signs with Nike

Its official! Rory has signed with Nike, discuss. I may change my mind about Nike equipment now that Rory has switched to Nike. Heres hoping they can slap a nike symbol on a prov1x.
  8. SPG40

The best piece of equipment for my game!

I started playing urethane balls fulltime this season to help my game and I cant believe how much better Im playing. I have dabbled with premium balls in the past but mostly played distance balls so I never fully dialed in my short game as much as I would have liked. This year has been a big eye...
  9. SPG40

Can Rory pass Jack?

Rory won the PGA in great fashion and became the youngest winner of the PGA in the modern era. The PGA championship is Rory's second major in two seasons and at 23 he joins Tiger and Jack as the youngest to win two majors. Both Jack and Tiger were 23 when they won their second major. Rory...
  10. SPG40

2010 Brigestone B330rx

Hey guys Im having great results with the B330rx, they just fit my swing perfectly very straight and long off the tee and decent spin on the green. Now I stocked up on the previous years models without the dimples and love them. My question is where can I purchase the older models 2010 models I...
  11. SPG40

Rickie finally wins! Whats your take?

Big congrats to Rickie Fowler finally getting his first win on the PGA tour. Do you think this will be the start of a new dominant force on the tour or will Rickie become another one or two wins every few years type of player? I like his style ( although I could never pull it off ) and that he...
  12. SPG40

Adidas tour 360 4.0

Has anyone tried these shoes out? I have had Adidas golf shoes before and loved em just never tried these. If anyone has had them- hows the fit,feel and did they last long? Any info appreciated.
  13. SPG40

Luke Donald is first to win both money tours

Luke Donald is first player in the world to win the PGA money list and European money list in same season. This is quite an impressive feat and a brillant cap to an incredible year on both tours. Looks like Luke Donald shall be No. 1 in world rankings for quite a bit longer.
  14. SPG40

The importance of fitting

I really enjoy reading the reviews and browsing the forums here and one thing you will notice on this site is the stock answer to get fitted before buying new clubs. I have always agreed with that advice and have been fitted as best I could at Golf Galaxy,Dick's etc. Today I was fit by a pro...
  15. SPG40

RIP shaft question

Hey all, I hit the Razr Hawk at Dicks today and it seemed great. I have a quick question on the stock RIP shaft. Is the stock shaft a real RIP shaft or a made-for shaft for Cally? If it isn't a real RIP does anyone know how it compares to the real RIP shaft? Thanks in advance for any help.
  16. SPG40

Checking in of sorts

Hello guys! I have been very busy this summer and not able to browse or post much. I hope to log on more frequently now and post more. Thanks again for running the best golf site and forum on the web.
  17. SPG40

New Driver need help

Hey all, I'm looking for a new driver and and strongly considering the new Razr Hawk. I played the FT 9 a couple years ago and liked it very much except for the stock shaft. The flex seemed to soft and whippy. I believe it was Zcom reg flex. Anyway,any thoughts on the stock RIP shaft? I see alot...
  18. SPG40

World Golf Rankings- 6/6/2011

1. Luke Donald 2. Lee Westwood 3. Martin Kaymer 4. Steve Stricker 5. Phil Mickelson 6. Matt Kuchar 7. Rory McIlroy 8. Grame McDowell 9. Dustin Johnson 10. Paul Casey Big news this week Steve Stricker moves up to number 4 after his impressive victory at the Memorial. Dustin Johnson cracks the...
  19. SPG40

World Golf Rankings- 5/30/2011

1. Luke Donald 2. Lee Westwood 3. Martin Kaymer 4. Phil Mickelson 5. Graeme McDowell 6. Rory McIlroy 7. Matt Kuchar 8. Steve Stricker 9. Paul Casey 10. Charl Schwartzel The big news this week is Luke Donald new world no. 1 after defeating Westwood in a playoff at the BMW. We now have the third...
  20. SPG40

World Golf Ranking- 5/23/11

1. Lee Westwood 2. Luke Donald 3. Martin Kaymer 4. Phil Mickelson 5. Graeme McDowell 6. Rory McIlroy 7. Charl Schwartzel 8. Steve Stricker 9. Paul Casey 10. Matt Kuchar The big news this week is of course Tiger falling out of the top ten to no. 12. This is Tiger's first time outside of the top...
Back