Search results for query: *

1. GraniteRoost

VT / NH Carnage

Some pics of courses that got affected by recent storms: Quechee Club (VT) Newport GC (NH) - those lakes are the 13th and 14th fairways - they will be open for play tomorrow, front nine open today From browsing seems like many are drying out and reopening by the weekend, but a few will be...
  2. GraniteRoost

Get Better Hamfist

It has come to my attention that our brother @Hamfist has been facing some medical challenges this week. As mentioned in the Banter Away thread, but I thought I would post up a thread here for morale support. Get better friend, we are thinking of you and pulling for a speedy recovery...
  3. GraniteRoost

Sprite Kills the Green Bottle

It was bad enough when green glass bottles went to green plastic. Mountain Dew has never been the same. Now this. https://www.foodandwine.com/news/sprite-bottle-color-green-clear
  4. GraniteRoost

OEM vs. Aftermarket shaft adapters - Does it matter?

Browsing for shaft tips, and I notice tons of aftermarket shaft tips that claim to be equivalent to the OEM. Are these aftermarket tips usually a safe bet, or are tolerances better on the OEM part? Breakage? Any reason to spend more money on OEM? Just wondering... thanks!
  5. GraniteRoost

Roost’s Race to The Morgan Cup

Hey THP! It’s time for a conversation. I was lucky to win a Golden Ticket here on THP earlier this year and chose The Morgan Cup as my Experience of choice. Ever since, I have been a proud member of Team Hackers, and am totally excited about the whole thing. Over the past months, some of you...
  6. GraniteRoost

Poll: Pick GraniteRoost’s Morgan Cup Iron Set

Let’s have some fun. Suppose I was open to new experiences including iron style to put in play this season for The Morgan Cup. With your knowledge of my game, what iron set would you choose for me and why? Keep in mind there is a Cup to be won. I’m going to leave the intro info somewhat...
  7. GraniteRoost

Your Play: The 13th at Austin Country Club

Watching the Dell Match Play and the 13th is a dramatic short Par-4 with option to carry the green. It’s playing 277 yds to carry the front edge the green today. What is your tee club and layup yardage? Approach shot of choice? How would you play this hole...
  8. GraniteRoost

Flow Battle - Van Rooyen's Mustache vs. Cam Smith's Mullet

Who is flowing harder this weekend?
  9. GraniteRoost

Best Risk vs. Reward Holes you have Played

I love a hole that rewards a good shot or two. Post up some of your favorite holes that reward a bold strategy tee-to-green.
  10. GraniteRoost

Poll - Your Putter Eye Position

I'm interested to know what you see when you setup over a putting mirror. Where is the ball relative to your eyes? Inside - Directly Over - Outside ? Front - Back Position in Stance ? For me, I just got a Putt Out Mirror, so I'm learning. I seem to setup with my left eye directly over the...
  11. GraniteRoost

Golf Ball Cores & Banter - Cut Your Ball in Half and Show It To Me

I want to banter about golf ball cores. As the title says - show me your core. Ready... Go!
  12. GraniteRoost

Foresight FSX Software - The One Minute Quick Start Guide

Thanks @thewilderside 👊 for the thread prompt - he asked me a question over PM about the software at our local store. I figured perhaps there might be more THP'ers with similar questions, so why not put the answer in a thread for general use. This thread is a quick start guide that highlights...
  13. GraniteRoost

The Patrick Cantlay Thread (Patty Ice)

I've become a fan of Patrick Cantlay, especially after the Ryder Cup. Patty Ice! After seeing this article today talking about going 5 months with rounds in the 60's, I thought it was worth his won thread. https://golf.com/news/patrick-cantlay-pga-tour-60s-streak/ Any other fans out...
  14. GraniteRoost

Playing Indoors - Tips & Tricks

With winter here a lot of us are playing SIM rounds, testing clubs indoors, or otherwise playing golf inside instead of outside. For me, this can present some changes. For example: -Hitting off mats is a different animal. -Being in a relatively small space hitting at a projector screen...
  15. GraniteRoost

CONTEST GraniteRoost Milestone Day - 8000 posts + 8000 reactions

Good Morning, and Happy Friday THP! This has been a fun week for me... since the forum changeover my reactions have been steadily gaining on my overall post count, and last night they crossed over. I'm a couple reactions ahead as of this posting. Today, I will cross 8000 posts, and I'm excited...
  16. GraniteRoost

ASU Golf Complex - The Bird

This is insane. Amazing Phil Mickelson designed short game facility. I need one of these around here!
  17. GraniteRoost

Your Ball Flight

Banter with me about your ball flight. Do you hit it high, low, in the middle? Do you play for a curve or hope to hit it straight, and why? What do you like, what would you change? Do conditions where you play(i.e. soft, firm) influence your style? Are you pursuing any swing or equipment...
  18. GraniteRoost

Dispersion Area

:geek: //NerdAlert :geek: I've been going through getting crazy looking over some data, and decided to share my "extra" thoughts with the crowd. When looking over a the data from an iron comparison, one iron was more consistent laterally, while the other was more consistent with carry...
  19. GraniteRoost

The Winter Hat

Tell me about your preferred winter hat. Standard knit cap or something more? Acrylic, cotton, wool, fleece? What makes it your go to?
  20. GraniteRoost

Favorite Holiday Cocktail

I figured this is a good day to discuss our favorite holiday cocktails. What's yours?
Back