Search results for query: *

1. CM5150

Entitled, Rude, Aggressive Golfers - The WORST. Bad day on course. How do you deal with them.

So is walking around looking at your putt from ten different angles while you're trying make yet another eight on your way to a round in the upper 90s on a crowded day...you still suck for doing it. I'm also pretty sure the rules of golf don't allow for you to play two balls so if you're doing...
  2. CM5150

Entitled, Rude, Aggressive Golfers - The WORST. Bad day on course. How do you deal with them.

Practice putting after you finish a hole should be punishable with fines and possible imprisonment.
  3. CM5150

No bunker rakes?

Putting the rakes back in is Neanderthal thinking. Might as well just ask the local coroner to leave an ice truck at the local course for these super spreaders. Come on, man.
  4. CM5150

Are the shafts I'm using too light?

I‘d ditch the Modus 105 in a second and never look back. My experience with them, was very similar...out of control, inconsistent swings, no feel...despise them. That’s just me of course but I’m probably not alone. If you liked the DG S300 then that should give you a good idea where to go...
  5. CM5150

Breaking... 100, 90, 80, Par - What are the keys?

The key to breaking 80 for those of us in that 10-12 handicap range is to first give yourself a chance to do so by avoiding the big numbers. Doubles and triples happen to everybody, you can never truly eliminate them, but when they pop up for us who normally shoot low-mid 80s then the fact is...
  6. CM5150

Do You Recline on a Domestic Flight?

The thing about flying is that everyone is in misery and you can either deal with it well and show some common courtesy to others or you don’t...I’ve been in both camps in that regard. I try not to recline much, just a tiny bit so that the seat is not completely vertical. If you have a physical...
  7. CM5150

Need a regular shaft for Ping Fairway

What model Ping?
  8. CM5150

Trying to Break 80 Club

Played well enough to do it yesterday but as usual, it’s always something. Had an easy greenside bunker shot that I decided to make hard by going for a tucked away pin rather than just popping in somewhere on the green...caught it thin and sent about 50 yards into the woods...triple. Three...
  9. CM5150

Golftec lessons

I signed up for Golftec lessons a few years ago. My teacher was a nice enough guy but that’s the only positive I can say. From a golf standpoint, I was in a bad place with my swing at the time and he basically got me in to this super strong grip and hitting draws (then hooks) which ended up...
  10. CM5150

Mizuno MP-20 Irons

I hit the MMCs today and they’re definitely above my pay grade. I’ve been using the Mizuno cart at my club and the 919 Forged as a way to figure out what shafts I want in the i210s when I pull the trigger but along the way I realized that I was hitting the 919s beautifully so...
  11. CM5150

Mizuno MP-20 Irons

The MMCs are really intriguing. Anyone have an opinion on whether or not these may be too large of a leap for someone coming from Ping i200s? Was testing the JPX 919 Forged yesterday and hit them well. Would a 12ish handicapper be biting off more than he can chew with the MMCs and perhaps...
  12. CM5150

Will Rickie win a major?

Wouldn’t surprise me if he does or if he doesn’t...would shock me if he won two.
  13. CM5150

Mizuno MP-20 Irons

I wasn’t going to get new anything next year but my club had an HMB demo club...took it out to the range and well, I’d be shocked if they’re not my next set and sooner than I need them. I currently play Nippon Modus 120 in regular which, for some odd reason is not an option here, only stiff. Oh...
  14. CM5150

Help! Are my CTLs ruined?

VERY long and completely absurd story short...I took a set of C Taper Lite 105s in to DSG to get installed in my i200s and through a comedy of errors (except none of it was funny) they botched the job six ways from Sunday and all of the shafts are now about an inch or so too short. I have...
  15. CM5150

WTB Project X EvenFlow Blue 75 gram 5.5

Doesn’t matter if handcrafted or a stock pull...it’s going in my driver but I’m going to cut it down so I’m flexible on length. If it came out of a 3W that might work too if it’s at full length. Thanks!
  16. CM5150

Nike Durasport 4 shoes

Hey guys...I bought a pair of these at Academy Sports back in the fall mostly because they were fairly cheap at around 50 bucks and ended up loving them. They’re now on sale at Academy’s website and elsewhere for 29.99 which is a total steal. They’re pretty rugged shoes that are perfect for...
  17. CM5150

Another swingweight thread...

I recently custom ordered some Ping i200s with stiff AWT 2.0 shafts and for whatever reason, my fitter and I had them add some weight to get to D2. Well, I don’t really like it, the club feels awkward to me. Questions...first, can extra weight be removed by a qualified club builder or is it...
Back