Search results for query: *

1. doublebullout

Do you have a club in your bag that is in danger of being replaced..?

Everything except my driver and irons lives in perpetual fear. After years of tinkering with long clubs that didn’t quite work and finally facing the truth that I was never going to get any better hitting them, I sold them and have been trying newer options that fit my abilities better. It’s...
  2. doublebullout

Fairway gapping debate

Same here. I’m been trying out different combinations of clubs in the top for years without a whole lot of luck finding something that works well for me. Have tried woods from 3 to 11, hybrids from 3 to 5, and even a Bertha Mini 1.5 jacked up to 16. I recently found a different 5 wood that I can...
  3. doublebullout

ShotScope H4 - Impressions

I've had my H4 for a couple of weeks now -- (2 full rounds, 1 9 hole round.) Converted from using my G80 to track shots, which was only good for tee shots and some approach shots. (The G80 has a bad habit of forgetting that it's supposed to be tracking the distance if you drive past a green or...
  4. doublebullout

Looking for a good cheap colored distance ball

Haven't seen any mentions for Titleist TruFeels. Those are my favorite ball in this category. Compared with the usually suggested balls in this category (SuperSoft, SoftFeel, e6, SoftFli, etc), TruFeels have a less "mushy" feel than the rest. Think of them as a "poor man's AVX." The compression...
  5. doublebullout

Money games - make them putt or in the leather good?

I play Spark league, which uses putter length for picking up gimmies to speed up play. But that’s a casual 9-hole league that tees off after 5:30pm, so we’re often pushing so that everyone can finish 9 before twilight. But no gimmies if money is on the line unless it’s for bogey or worse. In...
  6. doublebullout

Golf Pride MCC Plus4 Teams

Just ordered the dark red and white combo to use as a round putter grip. (y)
  7. doublebullout

Round Putter Grip - Could You?

I gathered from watching this video that a flat grip forces your hands to align the putter face at address, but during your swing your hands will rotate away from a square alignment naturally.
  8. doublebullout

Golf GPS for Apple Watch

The Grint does show distances to hazards on the watch. You have to scroll down, either by touch or by turning the Digital Crown.
  9. doublebullout

Golf GPS for Apple Watch

Honestly, I didn’t find the tiny map on Golfshot to be useful on the watch. Too small for middle aged eyes. If you really need a map on the watch, give the TAG Heuer app a try. That’s the best map I’ve seen so far on an Apple Watch.
  10. doublebullout

Golf GPS for Apple Watch

The best GPS I’ve used on an Apple Watch is The Grint. The integration between watch and phone is tight, and the annual fee is reasonable. The best feature on the watch is scorekeeping, though. It’s very quick to enter total strokes, putts, fairway hit (left, right, short, long, center), and...
  11. doublebullout

Review Cleveland Golf CBX Full Face Wedges

Follow up report! My tendency is to overshoot my chips and pitches, even with a 58°. I haven’t had much luck with other high handicapper friendly wedges like the Smart Sole S or XE1, either. So my expectations were a little low to begin with. The Full-Face 64° arrived Friday and I put it in the...
  12. doublebullout

Mini Drivers?

I still bag a Bertha 1.5. I have it set to 16° and swapped the Kuro Kage Silver for a Black. At least for me, the Black is a better fit and makes it easier to hit the 1.5 off the deck. The Silver is designed to launch lower.
  13. doublebullout

Highest Lofted Fairway Wood?

I went back and forth between woods and hybrids the last few years, but I think I’ve finally settled on 4W - Heavenwood - 9W instead of 6W - 4H - 5H. Cutting down the shafts on my 4W and Heavenwood made them much easier to hit and control. I have used an 11W from time to time as well. That is a...
  14. doublebullout

What ball would you recommend for a beginner?

Bridgestone e6, Titleist Trufeel, or Noodles. Can't go wrong with any of those.
  15. doublebullout

Review Cleveland Golf CBX Full Face Wedges

Just ordered the 64 FF. I already have the original CBX in 54 and 58, and they’re great. @Jman, your review and enthusiasm pushed me over the edge. Thanks!
  16. doublebullout

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Swapped the Kuro Kage Silver Tini shaft in a Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 driver with the Kuro Kage Black Tini shaft from a Great Big Bertha Heavenwood. Holy moly, what a difference. I always had trouble hitting the Mini with the original shaft, but not anymore.
  17. doublebullout

What’s your unicorn club?

Cobra Amp Cell 5-7 wood, set to 19°D. I don’t know what my overall strokes gained would be with this club, but the last 3 rounds it must be at least 1.0. Approach shots with it on par 5s have netted 2 birdies and an eagle,
  18. doublebullout

Does the ball you use really make a difference?

I played 95 holes this past weekend, and played three balls: Bridgestone e6, Snell Get Sum, and Snell MTB-Black. Distance and accuracy was about the same with all three (I lost more Get Sums OB and in water, actually), but the MTB-Black was far and away the best on approach and in the short...
  19. doublebullout

Best driver for game improvement, forgiveness

I’d try the Titleist TSi2 if you’re looking for something new. In MyGolfSpy’s driver test this year, it was 2nd in both Strokes Gained and Forgiveness. In the same test, the Tour Edge EXS Pro far outperformed the C721. If you try Tour Edge, hit both and see how you do.
  20. doublebullout

Michelle Wie-West has an 11 wood in the bag

I have a 2004 Callaway Big Bertha 11w in my bag. After driver, I have a 19° 7w, 21° 4h, 28° 11w, then 24° 5h. The gaps work out for me, strange as that may be. eBay has a lot of those old 2004 BB fairways. Sure, they’re 17 years old. So what? They’re cheap and easy as sin to hit. The 11w is fun.
Back