Search results for query: *

1. benk777

Ever Play without the Driver?

My question is, have you ever taken the driver out of the bag and played a round with your 3 wood as your longest club? If so, what was the result? My prelude is below. I know it's early in the season here in Wisconsin, but my driver has been costing me a few strokes per round. I'm...
  2. benk777

Iron Shafts for Lower Trajectory?

In my MP30s I am currently playing S300s, and I have a very high trajectory. I feel that with a lower trajectory I could gain control and distance. Are there any shafts that you can recommend to help my trajectory get flatter? Thanks. Ben
  3. benk777

Ferrule/Hosel Separation?

I just noticed that my 9 iron (MP30) has some separation between the ferrule and the hosel of the club, maybe 1-2mm. The ferrule has also rotated from it's usual position, but I cannot move anything manually. Is this something I should be concerned with? Should I bring it into the shop and...
  4. benk777

Any Interest in a R9?

I posted before that I had purchased a TM R9 in 9.5, stiff. I toyed with it at the range, and played one round with it. I have since went back to my SQ 460, and am not looking back. I am aware that we have a for sale forum, but I wanted to first gauge any interest there may be, as I do not...
  5. benk777

Annual Golf Trip - Green Lake

I'm pumped! May 26 marks day one of our annual golf trip to Green Lake, Wisconsin. My dad and his friends have been going for nearly 20 years, and I have been joining them for the past 12. We usually have between 12 and 16 guys that make the trip, ranging in ages from 31 (me) to 75. It's...
  6. benk777

I am trying something new...

Yes, I started the "stuck on the logo" thread about feeling more confident in seeing a Titleist logo on my ball. But I have read so many good things about the Bridgestone B330 RX, that I decided to pick up a dozen. Hopefully my new R9 likes them as well. I did also pick up a dozen of my tried...
  7. benk777

Your R9 Settings?

If you're playing the R9, what was your regular ball flight, what settings are you using, and what is your current ball flight? I am toying with the thought of picking one up tomorrow, and just need a little nudge to get me all the way there. Thanks. Ben
  8. benk777

Lawn Care Equipment

I'm wondering how large your lot is, and what equipment you are currently using to care for it. Next year I will be going from a 1/3 acre to 2 1/3 acres, and to be quite frank my Toro self propelled mower has been slacking with it's current responsibilities. I would go with a zero turn now...
  9. benk777

Taking the Driver out of the bag...

My question is, have you ever taken the driver out of the bag and played a round with your 3 wood as your longest club? If so, what was the result? My prelude is below. I know it's early in the season here in Wisconsin, but my driver has been costing me a few strokes per round. I'm...
  10. benk777

My Sligo Impressions

Earlier this week I ordered a few Sligo goodies from fairwaystyles.com, which included two pairs of pants, one pair of shorts, two polo shirts, and a belt. My issue is that it's hard to find clothes that fit me well, since I'm 6'4" and 186 lbs. Pants usually aren't a problem (I enjoy the fit...
  11. benk777

Anyone else Lose $10k today?

It would appear that I have indeed lost my @ss while trying to make a quick buck, but hopefully that isn't the case. Here is the interesting story that nearly involved me soiling myself today... I like to dabble in "penny stocks" here and there, and after Dendreon (DNDN) tripled in value I...
  12. benk777

Psychological Brand Loyalty

I am a golfer that has to be aesthetically pleased at address. There can't be any skymarks on my woods, my irons have to have a thin top line, noticeable offset on any club is unacceptable, and my ball must be free of dirt and scuffs. One thing I never thought I really cared about, was seeing...
  13. benk777

I'll Call This Home - My Story

First, my username. benk777. My first name is Ben, last name starts with K, and I was born in July of 77. Please call me Ben. I love the game of golf, and I hate the game of golf. I'm sure the feeling is shared by many. I won't bore you here with paragraph upon paragraph of my history with...
  14. benk777

SubSeventy Clothing Fit Questions?

I am looking to purchase some clothing from Subseventy, like pants and shirts. I am wondering how their clothing fits. Are the pants really tight, or are they somewhat loose? And for the golf shirts, I am tall and thin, so most shirts that are long enough are way too loose. How do their...
Back