Search results for query: *

1. Wakit300

When in between yardages what do you do?

I sued to be a take the shorter club and rip it kind of guy, but I figured out I hit much better shots if I choke down and make a normal swing. But I'm not talking about choking down and inch or so - I need to choke down at least 3 inches. If I just choke down an inch I usually hit it just as...
  2. Wakit300

Have you ever played too much golf? Is that even a thing?

For me, after about 7 days in a row it's time for a break. I played one stretch last summer of 10 days in a row and I was totally tanked.
  3. Wakit300

Your Miss Off the Tee?

My Standard miss is a pull-draw ... don't like it!
  4. Wakit300

Push Carts on the Green?

Absolutely not under any circumstance!!
  5. Wakit300

Do you really need a L wedge?

I've been playing a 60° since the mid 80s and am NEVER letting go 🤘
  6. Wakit300

Brooks Koepka Joins LIV Tour

7. Wakit300

Tour Event 2022 US Open Contest and Thread Sponsored by Srixon Golf.

Zalatoris for the Win ZX7 please :)
  8. Wakit300

Hideki's DQ Wood

Totally deserved - he should've known better.
  9. Wakit300

Would you play barefoot if your club allowed it?

Hell no! Besides the fact that I'd be slipping all over the place, I walk only and that would be a F'n disaster on the soles of my feet
  10. Wakit300

Kevin NA Resigns From PGA Tour

C YA!
  11. Wakit300

What’s the number one rule of golf?

As far as Rules of Golf go - Play it as it lies Regarding PLAYING golf - get the ball in the hole in as few strokes as possible
  12. Wakit300

Do you carry a pitching wedge and a gap wedge?

I carry a 46° PW, 50° gap, then 56° SW, 60 LW. I like hitting full shots with all my wedges and they provide certain yardages with certain amounts of spin. I also will hit them with 3/4 and 9:00 swings to fill yardage gaps and shot types. I find I get WAY more use out of my gap wedge than I...
  13. Wakit300

Grayson Murray said Kevin Na yelled expletives at him on the range this week

My first thought is Who Cares. Second is man up and take your medicine if you're gonna throw out **** on twitter or whatever. Be a f'ing professional and keep your hands off the keyboard. Oh and btw, quite the burn response from Na on his slow play doucheness.
  14. Wakit300

OB: Your Move

I'm never going to walk into someones yard. If I can reach over the fence with a club and retrieve it I'll do that. If there's no fence , as in this example and it's that far in it's their's
  15. Wakit300

The NEW Budget Golf Website

Really like the new look. Very "modern" and easy to navigate - GOOD JOB!
  16. Wakit300

New (to you) brand you’re giving a chance in 2022?

I just purchased a Precision Pro NX7 Pro Rangefinder last week to replace my Bushnell V4 that bit the dust. Nothing fancy but works like a dream.
  17. Wakit300

Money games - make them putt or in the leather good?

If your "in the leather" is the old scottish defenition of the grip length then yes, otherwise HELL NO. I've seen way too many people, including myself, miss a 2 1/2 footer for birdie/par/whatever
  18. Wakit300

Do you post rounds that you don't follow the rules?

First of all, what kind of league allows that? Maybe I'm too old school but there's no way I'm playing in a league under those conditions - why not come right out and say "cheating allowed"?! And to answer your question, I only post scores when I'm following the rules, but I normally play by...
  19. Wakit300

What golf grip do you use irons, wedges, and long clubs?

None of the Above I'm a big fan of cord grips, have always played some kind of cord. I'm currently using the Royal Grip Sand Wrap grips in white and I do use the same grips on all my clubs. The only difference is that I add a couple of wraps under the right hand for PW thru lob wedge
Back