Search results for query: *

1. jdlive

The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Ah, the same endless nonsense from you on this. What changes? Duh, changes to meet the criteria that were in place before LIV was even formed (having a system in place for open qualifying and relegation for under-performing players, average event field size, and all the others). No goalposts...
  2. jdlive

Who really gives a **** whose fault it is? The Tour could allow LIV guys to play. LIV could make changes to become compliant. Instead we've got a dumpster fire.
  3. jdlive

Nah, the biggest sticking point is the lack of connectivity to the other tours, i.e. there's not enough turnover/relegation/qualification into/out of LIV. If there are a bunch of guys playing LIV events and nowhere else, it's tough to accurately rank them.
  4. jdlive

Would Rory leave for LIV

At this point, not sure I really care any more.
  5. jdlive

Yeah seems unlikely since the majors and "governing bodies" are the ones who set up and control the OWGR. I don't expect some kind of general exemptions for LIV but more of the type given to Niemann. Maybe if more of the LIV guys would try to qualify for the Opens it might give them more reason...
  6. jdlive

Sure it does, it shows they aren't in any way serious about meeting the criteria. Never were. Add it to the fact that a number of LIV guys can't get demoted no matter how bad they play due to their contracts. And 1 event is very different than an entire season. Yeah, a pathway for how many...
  7. jdlive

2023 Anthony Kim Rumor Mill….

Watched a few highlights from Youtube. Probably the peak for his return is over but you never know. 76 isn't too bad considering how long he's been away.
  8. jdlive

No, actually they said the LIV format with teams and 54 holes could be worked around as it is for other events on compliant tours. The real problem (which you know and have been told numerous times) is the closed shop nature of the tour and insufficient turnover of its members. And allowing...
  9. jdlive

10. jdlive

And if it's an asterisk because "some of the top golfers aren't playing", then that's pretty much every pro golf tournament over the past few years and many, many others before that.
  11. jdlive

Going To A Live Golf Event?

I think just about any high level golf event is worth going to. I've been to several PGA Tour events & a Ryder Cup and don't feel a need to go back any time soon. It's great to do once in a while and see the stars up close, but much better to follow the actual event at home on TV. Some...
  12. jdlive

Good on them, they still want the best guys there while staying out as much as possible from the LIV/Tour battles. Not quite what you're looking for but last year there was a little mix up with Scott Stallings' invite. https://golf.com/news/scott-stallings-thoughtful-gesture-masters-invitation/
  13. jdlive

I was speaking to the larger point that the implication that "everything's been great with the PIF's involvement in women's pro golf" may not be completely true. If it was just about checking receipts. then my bad.
  14. jdlive

New PGA Tour Enterprises

Here's confirmation on the 15 event minimum. Also some info on the equity guys are getting in the new venture. Some obvious tiers, the stars get the big share and some older stars that no longer play are getting cut in as well.
  15. jdlive

Well maybe a few people had a problem with it https://www.nbcsports.com/golf/news/golf-saudi-reportedly-blocked-proposed-lpga-let-merger-last-year
  16. jdlive

Phil was right! :ROFLMAO:
  17. jdlive

Tour Event LIV Mayakoba 2024 Feb 2-4

Greg gave him the kiss of death
  18. jdlive

There is so much good golf being played on the tours these days… why do I find my interest waning…?

Not really though I don't usually pay a ton of attention this time of year. I'll watch some just because it's been a while since the end of last season but don't really get into it a lot until the Players and then the run-up to the Masters.
Back