Search results for query: *

1. FernDog

Any THP’er in the Jacksonville, FL area?

I won a contest from 904HappyHour for 3 bottles of Ghost Tequila with some of their company swag items. However they will not ship it to me. It needs to be picked up in the Jacksonville area. They never said that in the contest but that’s understandable. Bummer!! If you are a local and you...
  2. FernDog

What’s the weather going to be like on Christmas where you live?

What’s the weather going to be like on Christmas where you live? I just saw a report that it will be a high of 78 here in North Texas that day. The weather here has been like a yo-yo, 45 one day and almost 80 two days later. It sure beats freezing cold and ice on Christmas though. Wherever you...
  3. FernDog

How many pictures of your pets are on your phone?

I was looking for an older picture of one of my dogs to send to someone. After scrolling through my phone I couldn’t find it, so I typed in “dogs” in the search area on my iPhone and I had 470 pics: jeez… this is going back a few years though but I wouldn’t delete many of them. These are mostly...
  4. FernDog

How many TV’s do you have in your home?

How many TVs do you have in your home? We have 7: and that’s for only 4 family members. 3 in the bedrooms, 1 in the living room, 1 in my golf room and 2 spare that are in a closet that my sons friends use when they bring their XBOX units over to have a gaming marathon. The reason I was...
  5. FernDog

Guest at a wedding

For the first time in probably 7 yrs, my beautiful wife and I are at a wedding in North Texas and it is a party!!! The reception drinks included a “His” old fashioned and the “Hers” is a margarita. So much fun!! I am 6 old fashioneds in!! When is the last time you’ve been to a wedding? Sent...
  6. FernDog

Oahu review: golf trip to play Royal Hawaiian and Kaneohe Klipper w/Mr.Hicksta

To anyone reading this, I hope you and your family are safe and sound out there!! I wanted to give a review of two courses I was able to play on a recent trip to Oahu. One I played as a single, the other was with the world, and forum, famous and all around great dude, Mr. Hicksta!! I...
  7. FernDog

Just passed the 5,000 messages mark

I just realized that I passed the 5,000 messages mark within the past week or so. Not too shabby for a little less than 4 happy years in the forum. I check in every day but due to work, life, school, etc., it's hard to spend more than a few minutes at a time checking out posts. I'm real glad...
  8. FernDog

#girldad

#girldad is trending hard on Twitter right now due to the reflection of how lucky it is to be a dad, in particular, to a daughter, after the recent Kobe Bryant helicopter tragedy involving the nine lost including the three girls. Maybe we can get this trending in the THP forum. I’m lucky enough...
  9. FernDog

Matt Ginella Australian wildfire Instagram

Matt Ginella from the Golf Channel has a contest going on through Instagram to help raise money for the Australian wildfire relief fund. If you make a donation to the WIRES wildlife rescue fund, you have a chance to win of the two caps he bought on his trip to Australia. Cool way to help a...
  10. FernDog

Happy Birthday Mr Hicksta!!

Happy Birthday @mr.hicksta !!! Josh is one of the great ones out there and always willing to lend a hand!! Hope to tee it up with this good dude one day soon!! Hope you are enjoying some tacos and golf!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. FernDog

Neil Peart RIP

I just read on multiple outlets that Neil Peart has passed away from brain cancer at 67. I hope it's not true but if so, how may air drum solos should be played in his honor today? Neil provided so much of my teenage music background and still does today. Truly a master at his craft and a...
  12. FernDog

The Comfy

As a sort of gag, Christmas present, my wife bought a Comfy for my two teenage kids, me and for her. If you never tried one before it’s like a massively oversized heated sweatshirt. If we lived in a real cold climate I could see the value but they look ridiculous on and I felt like a walking...
  13. FernDog

Hollow chocolate football

Just picked this up for my son as another gift to leave under the tree. Bought it at a Kroger. Price:$14. It’s not a Christmas candy but it is Fantasy Football championship time. Actually has a bit of weight to it and doesn’t feel brittle and it looks pretty cool!! What do you think? Sent...
  14. FernDog

What are your plans for Christmas Vacation?

What are your plans for Christmas Vacation? I'm taking 2.5 days off that started at Noon today and will be out until Dec 26th. My wife, 2 kids and 2 dogs are happily staying home. We have such busy schedules that it will be nice to just hang around and enjoy having everyone home, binge watch...
  15. FernDog

Best noise cancelling headphone recommendations

Does anyone on the forum have a recommendation for a great pair of noise cancelling headphones? My purpose is for using them to cancel out downstairs TV noise and barking from the dogs when I am studying. The room that I am in when studying, typing papers is my golf room that is open on two...
  16. FernDog

Golden Tee at Costco

Saw this Golden Tee stand up mini-display console at Costco today. I tried the track ball and it seemed sturdy. It was not on so wouldn’t know how the graphics looked. It had 4 of the Golden Tee versions included but nothing very recently. Just to compare, a 4K HD XBox 1 T with two controllers...
  17. FernDog

NFL Top 100

The NFL 100 All Time team is on the NFL network. 100 players and 10 coaches. They are talking about RB's for this show. Pretty damn cool. This looks like it will be a great series. My football wheelhouse growing up was in the 80’s. Giants, 49ers, and the Dan Marino Dolphins years come to mine...
  18. FernDog

2019 Secret Holiday Gift Exchange is open!!

Hey THP'ers!! It's time to start the 2019 Secret Holiday Gift Exchange!! As it has been in the past, this will be open for Albatross Club members to ensure active member participation. If you are not currently a member, you can sign up for the 2020 membership at this time. Rules: 1. If you...
  19. FernDog

2019 Secret Holiday Gift Exchange Coming Soon!!

Hey THP'ers!! It's almost time to start the 2019 Secret Holiday Gift Exchange!! As it has been in the past, this will be open for Albatross Club members. JB and Morgan will be announcing details for the 2019 Albatross Club membership on or around November 1st so if you are not currently a...
  20. FernDog

bagel decision: who did it better?

This weekend I bought a baker's dozen of bagels for the family from Einsteins. Today, my wife sent me a picture of her lunch which was a pizza bagel: plain bagel with cheese and pepperoni: probably microwaved to melt the cheese. Not sure if she was trying to scoreboard me but I was not...
Back