Search results for query: *

1. WMac19

Newest Club In Your Bag?

58° Mizuno S23 satin chrome wedge with KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 shaft. Hasn't seen the course yet and was brand new until a few hours ago when I hit some balls with it into the net.
  2. WMac19

How much golf does it take to burn you out?

Outside of the body breaking down, I've never hit that limit. In my late 20s, we would go to Myrtle Beach for a week play every day, 36 holes every other day. Loved it. It was never enough, LOL... Well, except for when I played horrendously the entire time with no hope of turning things...
  3. WMac19

What Would You Name Utah’s Hockey Team?

Utah Swarm. I first looked up their state bird. But that wouldn't work. It's the "California Seagull." [emoji13]
  4. WMac19

Aaron Boone Ejected Because of Fan

Saw the game live, and it was a ridiculous move on the part of the ump. Worse when he shouted, "I don't care who said it!" Because, due to the conviction in his voice, I believed him. And there you had it, the quiet part said out loud when an MLB umpire announced for all to hear that he didn't...
  5. WMac19

Flying leap on equipment

That would be every single piece of equipment in my bag. [emoji6] But the latest is a 58° S23 wedge with KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 shaft. Never played, never even hit, awaiting its maiden voyage.
  6. WMac19

Really random: which pocket?

In warmer weather, my hand will get hot in a glove. So, it’ll come off after nearly every shot as I fasten it around the cart’s roof handle. Opening facing forward to get airflow in there. In the instance when I need the glove around the green, like after playing out of a greenside bunker...
  7. WMac19

Maxfli StraightFli - does it really fly straighter than other balls? Thank you!

Straightfli, for me, as I've never tried the Softfli (or Duo-Soft). I still have 1.5 dozen of them sitting on the shelf. I must spin the heck out of 'em because they went nowhere. Whereas, with the Duo-Pro, at 60 compression, I believe, I'll only lose 5-10 yards with them in the warmest weather.
  8. WMac19

Maxfli StraightFli - does it really fly straighter than other balls? Thank you!

I bought a couple dozen on sale two seasons ago while struggling off the tee. My perception of them was that they were a bit straighter, relative to my lowered propensity to find trouble. However, I couldn't help but wonder if it was because they were so danged short for me?? I'm not a...
  9. WMac19

Best Road Trip Snack?

For me, it's a simple PB&J sandwich on honey-wheat bread. The carb/protein/fat combo, I guess, just seems to serve me best. I remain energized, fully awake, and aware, the key to long-distance driving. 2nd place is jerky, of some sort. Only issue there is that I love it and might tend to...
  10. WMac19

The Pets Thread

All Gracie the Cane Corso wants to do is play. But. The cat, often, can't be bothered. But they do play together very well. The only (very few) issues of aggression have all been by the cat. Go figure, right? [emoji6] It's funny, being that feline cues are different, that they both miss each...
  11. WMac19

2024 Round Count

27 for me. Way behind last year's pace. Had 45 by now, in '23.
  12. WMac19

Best Iron Finish?

Satin. I still have a set of CF-16's, and I agree. They're quite durable as they still look great. But, gotta say, whatever the finish is considered to be on my JPX-923 Pros... chrome? Satin/chrome? Through 150+ rounds, bouncing around in the bag on a cart for all of 'em, they still look...
  13. WMac19

Pops - Do you take advantage?

If I'm hitting it particularly well off the tee, I'll just go with the flow and not change anything. But, if not, I learned long ago that pops can disappear in an instant with just one swing of the club. Because they come on the hardest holes, that means it would most often be tough sledding...
  14. WMac19

Is Lasagna just Spaghetti cake?

Pasta Cake? Yes.
  15. WMac19

What are your wedges of choice?

Man, my wedge swing has been very off at times this year. So, of course, I've blamed the clubs. No idea how many wedges I've been through already, but I'm on my third brand, a couple of models within two of 'em. Currently playing (only 4 rounds with GW/SW) Mizuno S23. LW will see its first play...
  16. WMac19

Are Gas Pumps Slower now?

Well, the pumps gotta count higher now. Math is hard. [emoji6] I don’t drive much anymore, only fill up once/month or two. But I did fill the Surburban yesterday from 1/4 tank and the pump seemed just fine, speed-wise.
  17. WMac19

Gaps question

Loft doesn't interest me over result. I once played my set's PW at 45° and a "gap" wedge at 46°. Effective because the yardage gap was about 10 yards. Now, I have only a 2° difference between wedges, 48° to 50°. The gapping works where it matters. I view them as tools, I don't care about the...
  18. WMac19

Mizuno S23 Wedges

Last year, I bought a set of S23 wedges in denim copper, at 51°, 55°, and 60°. But... I goofed. I ordered them all 1° flat and the 51° in DG105 stiff, and the others in DG105 regular. I'd theorized that the softer shaft in the SW and LW would be best for me. NOPE. I left all shots right, worse...
  19. WMac19

Tee up Wedges on Par-3s?

I don't play courses/tees where I'd hit higher lofted wedges on a par-3 (other than PW, occasionally. But, my PW is 42.5°). But this past Friday night (6 PM shotgun start), we did play a 9-hole par 3 Masters tournament at the club. Tees were set in some strange but interesting locations. If...
  20. WMac19

Is it wrong to wear (golf) merch if you’ve never been there?

Although, that I can recall, I've only worn one article (a hat) from a course I didn't play (Tobacco Road, a gift from a friend), I can't see anything wrong with it. I still drink coffee from the mugs he also gifted to me from there. For shame!!! [emoji13] Seriously, I fully understand the...
Back