Search results for query: *

1. K

Epic flash

Very surprised that no one has started talking about the new Callaway line for 2019 on this forum - supposedly called “Epic Flash”. Supposedly the FW are adjustable and have Jailbreak though the adapters have been modified so previous Callaway ones aren’t compatible. And the new Apex hybrids...
  2. K

SteelFiber FC ‘Flight Control’

I’m curious to learn more about these - website just gives the weight options and the fact that they’re flighted (well, they say easier to launch long irons). Has anyone tested these? How do they compared to the OG SteelFibers, especially the 110 FW? The 115 FC don’t have a regular flex option...
  3. K

Outdoor launch monitor rental in DFW area?

Same as the thread for Austin, I was wondering what places in the DFW area have outdoor Trackman or Flightscope rentals. Interested in doing some gapping and also getting some numbers, testing a few shafts in my driver & woods.
  4. K

Hybrid equivalent of Modus 120

I play the NS Pro Modus 120 Stiff in Apex CF16 irons. Love the shafts, smooth as a baby's bottom, as the say. In my Apex 4 hybrid, I'd like to try a 90-95g shaft with a similar profile (and hopefully feel) but don't know which shafts meet this criteria. Floor is open for recommendations. Thanks!
  5. K

Ping G series on sale?

Haven't been playing golf too long but my understanding was that Ping and Titleist do not discount their clubs like some other OEMs, especially within a year. So was very surprised to see that Ping's current line, the Ping G series which was released in Jan 2016, is being discounted. The...
  6. K

Launch of Blueboard, spin of Whiteboard

This is what I need for my FW, mid launch/low-mid spin, in the 75-80g range. Tried a few that haven't really worked. Tour Green, Isawa Red, Fujikura Pro, Tour Blue. The fitting at Club Champion left me very dissatisfied (details in another post). Let's hear some thoughts on options to try.
  7. K

FW specific shafts

Last week I was fit for the Paderson FW shaft at Club Champion. It was quite something to see a 1.49 smash factor consistently. Does anyone have experiences/thoughts on some of the FW specific shafts in the market? The only ones I've found so far are: Paderson Diamana Thump FW - MRC customer...
  8. K

Irons with shimmed shafts

Got my Apex irons reshafted and new shafts were .355 so had to be shimmed. Now the irons are not feeling the same, there is a dull thud like sound, not the great original feel and sound. I don't think it is my imagination as I tested my irons against the demos at PGASS and got the same dull...
  9. K

7 wood shaft

Looking for thoughts/experiences with 7 wood shafts. Playing a high launch (mfg. description) 75g shaft in my 4 wood. The 7 wood will be 1" shorter at 41.5". Should I look at the ~85g version of my 4 wood shaft, which will also be a high launch shaft. Or should I try a shaft in mid/mid-high...
  10. K

Announced - KBS Tour Graphite hybrid shaft

Got the email this morning. KBS Tour Graphite hybrid will be available December 15. Not much provided in the announcement other than it will be similar to the iron shaft. Hopefully THP will be getting one to test soon. Would love to try it in the Apex hybrid and maybe Apex UT.
  11. K

Shaft choices for Apex UT

Need to make a decision on which shaft to use in the Apex UT. The Recoil 680 F4 is too light and I need something around the 95-100 gram weight range with a mid-high ball flight. Since Apex UT takes taper tip shafts, I've narrowed down to the following choices. Will someone share any...
  12. K

UST Attas FW shafts

The UST Japan website has 2 different Attas FW shafts. Attas EE and Attas IP Blue. Does anyone have knowledge of or experience with these shafts? Which shafts available in US have similar profiles, launch and spin characteristics? UST also has Attas 5Gogo and Attas 4U in FW versions - these...
  13. K

UST shafts launch profile

Does anyone have knowledge of the launch profiles of UST shafts in the 70-80 gm range? Was looking to see if they can be put into high-to-low launch order and comparing them to Kiyoshi Gold, Isawa Red, Ilima, and Diamana R-series. thanks for your help.
  14. K

Musings on fairway woods

All the talk about FW brought to mind something I have never been able to reconcile. would be great to hear the thoughts and experiences of members. if one uses FW primarily from the deck, why does one need the shaft to be heavier/same weight as driver shaft? I understand the weight...
  15. K

KuroKage Black hybrid vs new iRod

Anyone have knowledge/experience on how the KuroKage Black 85 stiff flex hybrid shaft compares to the new iRod 85 F4 flex? The KuroKage is the stock offering in the Apex hybrid which are very popular with THPers so I am hoping there will be lots of people who can comment. Any other UST hybrid...
  16. K

Adams Red vs Apex hybrid

Apex hybrids seem to be a big favorite on THP so wanted to hear thoughts on how the Apex compares to Adams Red. Similar shape and size, loft not adjustable, and the lofts match up too. What are the pros and cons of each, how do they compare? Why would you chose Apex over Red, say 20 degree...
  17. K

0.25 inches...material difference or not?

Got my irons reshafted and asked for the 7 iron to be 38 inches WITHOUT the grip based on my fitting. I got the irons back yesterday and the 7 iron is 38 inches WITH the grip. This makes them about 0.25 inches shorter than what I was fitted for. Is this a big enough to make a difference? The...
Back