Search results for query: *

1. J

Oklahoma City Area

There is a golf course in OKC called Brookside which has been around for year and years but closed down last July. Apparently the Catholic Church had bought the land and was planning on building a new church. I found out Friday night that the course has actually reopened and went to check it out...
  2. J

Motels/Hotels/Travel for Golfers

Was just in Tempe, Arizona for a conference. The DoubleTree on Priest Boulevard has a little putting green (artificial) by the pool. They even loan a putter if you don't have one. For free it's a fun way to pass the time there Feel free to add on any other similar places that offer little golf...
  3. J

Fj wins, you win - 2017 sony open in hawaii

New Footjoy contest opened today, runs through 1/22 http://www.footjoy.com/fjwinsyouwin.html
  4. J

Bragging Rights

What's your best personal achievement that you can't stop telling people about? An impressive score, a hole in one, an amazing long putt? Maybe something just happened on the course you can't stop telling people about (hit a bird in the air or something). I would love to hear!
  5. J

Knee Pain / Injury

Hi Everybody! I think this might be a somewhat common issue in golf and was just curious if other people have experienced this and what you did, do, or what your recommendations are. What worked best for you? A couple of years ago I was hiking and hurt my left knee very badly and it was sore...
  6. J

Win - PING 50th Anniversary Anser A S Putter

Golf HQ is giving away one of these anniversary putters. Only 775 of them made. Ends 1/31 https://tinyurl.com/jxex7p6
  7. J

What's your mental block?

There is a local course I play on regularly and the very first time I played there on the 5th hole I went right into a pond (you have to drive over a pond). Now it seems that no matter how well I am playing that day when I get to that hole I get psyched out and often repeat that incident. My...
  8. J

Bob Parsons' Bad Little Nine

I am a fan of 9-hole golf for getting a quick round in and having a little fun. I read about this course in Scottsdale owned by Bob Parsons of PXG to be the hardest par-3 course in the world and was wondering if anybody here has ever played on it. I will be about half an hour away from it in...
  9. J

Maxfli 12 Days of Maxmas

Maxfli is running a promotion on their Twitter page at https://twitter.com/Maxfli_Golf Just RT the posts the say to RT (a few each day) and you're entered to win various prizes like tees, divot tools, etc.
  10. J

Callaway Community

Has anybody checked out the Callaway Community pages of their website http://cmp.callawaygolf.com/ ? It's actually pretty cool! It's entirely 100% free to sign up and you can earn points just for logging in daily. You get 10 points for just logging in, 20 for watching a YouTube video, and 20 for...
  11. J

Golf Scams

Hello! As a relative newb to golf I know there are several like me that may not be aware of all the ways golfers can get scammed. I think almost everybody is familiar with Warrior Golf Clubs and their unscrupulous methods but I was wondering if anybody was aware of any other potential scams...
  12. J

Unique (Brand) Golf Clubs

A buddy of mine carries a set of older golf clubs and they have the brand imprint of "Unique." I have never seen this brand before - just curious if anybody has heard of it or knows anything about it. Thanks!
  13. J

Golf Ball Experiment

I am new to golf and so I thought I would try an experiment. I wrote to several golf ball companies (and a couple tee companies) first by email and if no response tried an old fashioned letter. I Basically wrote that I am new to golf and would they be willing to send a sample. This started...
  14. J

1-Irons

I was just curious if anybody used a 1-iron regularly (or at all). Back in the day Ben Hogan rocked the 1-iron but now people have moved towards hybrids. Just curious if anybody still used them even if just for practice. If so, what do you have? I currently do not have one BTW
Back