Search results for query: *

1. Knot Right

FST golf shafts

I bought a set of Ping i5 black dot irons in really nice condition (8/10) last week (3-LW) They had been through Ping's Wrx Dept. and had Dynamic Gold S300's installed. I am going to replace the shafts with something lighter and softer. I've been leaning towards the Nippons Modus 3 115's and...
  2. Knot Right

Cobra TWS Hybrid .335 hosel.

I've been experimenting with a lot Taylormade, Hogan, and Titleist hybrids lately and have come to the conclusion that I still prefer the head on my older Cobra TWS. The problem is that the stock shaft ( Aldila DVS-HL stiff 65 gram 4.5 torque) is a little too loose for me. I'd like to...
  3. Knot Right

How Do You Mark Your Ball

What markings do you THP'ers use on your ball. I'm curious because I run across some pretty interesting markings on lost balls every now and then. I put a set of rudimentary wings on my ball numbers.
  4. Knot Right

Looking For New Golf Component Suppliers

My main supplier is OK for the most part, but I'd like to read about what suppliers other hobbyist clubmakers buy from. I'm just looking for more options. Mostly for (shafts - grips - ferrules - tape - epoxy - weights - tools) Thanks.
  5. Knot Right

I Probably Won't Be Buying Any Balls This Year

My good son took up the game again with a vengeance last year and took a membership at Hell's Point here at the beach. He plays solo 2-3 times a week on week days if his business allows and we hook up together on Saturdays or Sundays. He likes getting caught behind foursomes because it gives...
  6. Knot Right

Ping Answer2 Putter Hosel

My son handed me a Ping Answer 2 putter head that he retrieved from the tree line after watching some guy having a meltdown on the 18th green. The shaft was broken and he had pulled it before giving it to me I was thinking about boring the hosel to fit a .370 shaft instead of sending it back...
  7. Knot Right

Funny every day things you see at the course. ( and good friends)

A beautiful day in the Tidewater area, so I stopped at the course to see the guys over coffee and watch them tee off for the morning blitz. The course was already backed up. The first group goes off and are in the fairway waiting for their seconds shots. The short hitter in the second groups...
  8. Knot Right

Any suggestions for a 1/2 sleeve wind breaker?

My 2 Foot Joy 1/2 sleeve wind breakers have seen better days. I can't stand any rain & wind gear all the way down to my wrists when I'm swinging, so I always wore my 1/2 sleeves with light sweaters underneath. Any suggestions on collared 1/2 sleeves. I don't see much when I'm searching online...
  9. Knot Right

How Did Your 2020 Golf Season Go? (the good and bad)

With the season beginning to wind down for many of us, I hope everyone here on THP had a great golf season with many more to come. I'd love to hear about how everyone's year went. Goals achieved, or not? Interesting and funny situations. etc. etc. etc. My year: I got back into the game for...
  10. Knot Right

I'm looking for a deep face 3 wood.

I've been searching online, but I don't see much out there in regards to a slightly deeper face 3 wood. My misses are more towards a couple grooves high and low instead of heel and toe. Any recommendations are appreciated.
  11. Knot Right

Can A Old Dog Learn New Tricks?

Hit a all time low on the course last Sunday. 12/14 fairways and hit 4 greens. Wedges in hand on 5 approach shots and stuck them right into the ground. Two outright chunks on par 3's with a 6 & 9 iron. I couldn't recall being that humbled in 40 years playing this game. So on Monday I decided...
  12. Knot Right

My good deed for the year (just paying it forward)

Went to the range this morning and saw my favorite WaWa store coffee counter lady there with her 14 year old son paying for a couple buckets. We speak every morning for a few minutes when I go in to get coffee. She's a single mom and works 2 jobs around 65 hours a week. My wife and I love her...
  13. Knot Right

For Sale Free Iron Heads (just pay shipping)

Titleist 962 iron heads (3-PW) in very decent overall condition. Old school lofts. Play like blades. 1 degree upright. Titleist 775 iron heads (3-GW) in fair to decent condition. These are the red headed step child in Titleist's history, but a decent overall game improvement set. Old school...
  14. Knot Right

Ole Time Club (with a facelift)

Here is what happens some times when I'm left alone for too long out in the shop (with beer) I was always curious to see what a Ping Eye 2 or a Zing would look like with ferrules. I might just do the set with ferrules (3-SW) They look great at address. Yes - No ?
  15. Knot Right

Old Ping KT & KT-M Shaft (Question)

Does anyone know the butt diameter of the old Ping KT & KT-M shafts?
  16. Knot Right

60 Degree Wedge Distance

I added a 60 degree wedge with a 10 degree bounce to the bag today. I have never played one in the 41 years I have played the game. I just wanted to ask everyone who plays a 60, what their normal yardage is on a full swing? I know that it will vary from player to player.
  17. Knot Right

Still Thinking Old School ( and welcome to the new millennium )

I need to crawl out of the 1990's mindset and get into the new millennium with club making. I ordered lead powder & corks last week because I was stuck in my old ways for swing weighting without giving thought to how convenient tip weights are. After giving it some thought, I could set a tip...
  18. Knot Right

Vice Pads For Club Makers (by Bessey)

Just thought that I would share a nice little (diamond in the rough) for those of you who like to do their own club work on the cheap. These pads have grooves/slots that can hold a shaft or club head in any position that you like and they can handle a little heat in case you get carried away...
  19. Knot Right

Building fishing/crabbing skiffs

I enjoy building these Earl Brockway skiffs.
  20. Knot Right

For Trade MacGregor 1983 M85 Colokrom MT (wingbacks)

One of MacGregors best forgings ever. I played a identical set off and on from 1983 to 2010 until I finally wore the faces concave. This set makeup is 4-PW SW and in very nice condition. No deep scratching or gouges and the copper faces are excellent. Just your typical small bag chatter...
Back