Search results for query: *

1. Mr Moke

Cold Golf Kinda Sucks

Yeah, it kind of sucks but the crowds go away, I’ll take that trade.
  2. Mr Moke

A bit frustrated after a string of lessons, what next?

Exactly, some of the problem lies with course designers for not including enough tee choices and managers for not placing tee markers in fairways for short players. If markers in the fairways upset “real golfers” a couple of dots spray painted would work.
  3. Mr Moke

How are the drivers where you live?

I voted 0 - 1, A couple of weeks ago my buddy and I drove north from St Louis to Minneapolis and back. Once we got out of the city I didn’t see a single person driving unreasonably fast or reckless. Once your near an urban area the crazy’s come out. If I lived in rural Iowa I could vote 10.
  4. Mr Moke

Tee Boxes: a discussion

Curvy, nothing in golf is straight, clubs, ball flight, fairways, greens, very few putts.
  5. Mr Moke

A bit frustrated after a string of lessons, what next?

I’m a short hitter, several years ago half of my rounds were played on an executive course, since I stopped playing the short course my game has gone downhill. Yesterday my buddies I went back to the executive, we had a blast. Golf is so much fun when par 3’s are actually one shot holes, par 4’...
  6. Mr Moke

Is Brooks Koepka the Biggest Douche on the PGA/LIV Tours?

I voted yes, but I could have done the same for a half dozen others.
  7. Mr Moke

when's the last time you had the golf course...

Sunday evenings on the back 9, happens pretty regularly. An empty course I what I love about winter golf.
  8. Mr Moke

Favorite of the Big 3 Pizza Chains for Pizza

None, A while back Dominoes admitted their pizza’s were horrible. Along with some sort of campaign to offer something edible they had something called an artesian pizza, it was wonderful. I suspect some bean counter figured the artisan wasn’t as profitable as mediocrity, it’s gone.
  9. Mr Moke

any fishermen here?

We had a great time, caught everything on top water, a great river, beautiful camping. The view from camp. It’s difficult to Bass fish all day, we’d pull over every couple of hours to rest and target something for dinner.
  10. Mr Moke

any fishermen here?

You guys are speaking my language. Today my golf partner and I are driving north for a week of river Smallmouth fishing. I’ll try to post a picture or two.
  11. Mr Moke

any fishermen here?

One of my favorite places in the world.
  12. Mr Moke

What would you shoot from the forward tees?

My buddy and I played from the forward tees the other day. We both scored 5-6 strokes better than usual, it wasn’t so much the shorter distance, we were striking the ball really well and putts were dropping. I also think we are more relaxed when the game is more about shot making rather than...
  13. Mr Moke

Golf Balls - Preferred Color

Is that your ball? Is that my ball? Whose ball is that? I hate those questions. I use to play a red ball in the winter, now I play them year round.
  14. Mr Moke

The ball “rollback” option...

Exactly, personally I don’t consider TV golf to be real golf, the ball and the hole are the only things TV golf has in common with the game I play.
  15. Mr Moke

7 iron only off the tee challenge

I think this is a great idea, when I was new to the game I hard time controlling my driver. I used nothing but a 5i off the tee for a few years, scores did improve along with my swing. When I did pick the driver back up it became my straightest club.
  16. Mr Moke

What's the best free concert you've ever been to?

Sheryl Crow, Laclede’s Landing St. Louis, whatever year it was when she broke out. It was 4th of July, there were a few hundred folks and me digging some great music on a street corner stage. The fireworks started, everyone booked for a better view, I was about the only one left. Sheryl sang to me.
  17. Mr Moke

Dress Code

Depends, I’ve been to black tie, formal, casual, camo, and cowboy weddings. Knowing your guests and being clear on communicating is the key.
  18. Mr Moke

How old is the Oldest person you know personally / play with that can carry a drive 250y..?

Other than the occasional outlier no one I’ve ever played with carries 250.
Back