Search results for query: *

1. shaner

Callaway Pre-Owned $500 gift card

CPO is giving away a $500 gift card each week for the next 4 weeks: Entry form here
  2. shaner

Getting wife/spouse involved in golf

My wife has recently shown interest in coming to the range and maybe playing some rounds with me. I know it's probably not something she would do on her own and her goal is for us to spend time together (which I am all for because I do feel some guilt when I'm gone playing for hours at a time)...
  3. shaner

FS: Titleist T-MB 716 4-PW Irons

KBS Tour V-110 Stiff shafts Iomic Sticky 2.3 grips Standard lie and length (see pic of 7 iron with tape measure below for exact length) These are in good condition - not mint though. They have been played some (I am not original owner). Faces are in good shape and no real blemishes to mention...
  4. shaner

FS: Srixon Z765 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Measure 1/4 over standard length (see pic of 7 iron below with tape measure). Standard lies. Great condition. GP CP2 Pro standard size grips in great shape. One small blemish on 7 iron leading edge as shown in pic - very small though. No other blemishes. $SOLD No trades please. Sent from...
  5. shaner

FS: Callaway Apex CF16 4-AW w/ PXi 5.5

Callaway Apex CF16 4-AW Project X PXi 5.5 Shafts Standard L/L/L All irons except AW have GP NDMC, AW has UTX (bought it direct from Callaway and never re-gripped to match set) Good condition but not "like new" - see 6,7 iron pics below which represent most wear. 6 iron has dimple on leading...
  6. shaner

FS: Scotty Cameron GoLo 3 and Ping Vault Bergen Putter

Putter for sale (GoLo is no longer available): Ping Vault Bergen - $130 incl. shipping to ConUS 33.5" SS Pistol GT Tour Grip Black Dot, Straight Arc Great condition, see pics Does not come with original head cover (but I will ship with another brand's hc with magnet closure that fits...
  7. shaner

FS: Callaway Apex UT 24*

KBS Tour V Stiff 38.75" Length Standard Lie Like new GP NDMC grip Great condition ... SOLD ...
  8. shaner

FS: Lamkin UTX Grips

I have 1 set of new/unused Lamkin UTX grips. (12) standard size, distressed blue color - These have been SOLD (9) standard size, black color (note that 6 of these are reminder model, see below) - $40 for all 9 includes shipping to ConUS * Note about the black ones: 6 of the 9 are the model...
  9. shaner

FS: Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 5-GW and Srixon Z545 5-PW

Have two sets of irons for sale Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metals are no longer available Set 2: Srixon Z545 Irons 5-PW Nippon Modus Tour 105 Stiff + 1/2 in. length, 1 degree flat Almost new black Lamkin UTX grips (standard size) These are in very good condition. No significant nicks or dings, normal...
  10. shaner

Do you change grip (strong/neutral/weak) based on club?

Instructor had me go to a stronger grip on left hand a few months back. While this has been working for me on irons I started struggling with driver and hybrid. Since then I have weakened grip on these 2 clubs with some success. I realize I might be compensating for a swing flaw but I am liking...
  11. shaner

Shaner WITB

Thought I'd post a WITB for what I plan to game for the Snell Kick-off Classic this weekend. GBB 11.5* Aldila Rogue Max 75 (R) GBB Heavenwood Aldila Tour Green (S) Titleist 816 H1 Hybrid Diamana S+ Blue 70 (R) Apex 4 Hybrid Kuro Kage (R) CF16 5-AW PXi 5.5 Mack Daddy Forged 56* Mack Daddy PM...
  12. shaner

Driver Lofts - 10.5° vs 12°?

Has anyone moved from 10.5 to 12 ? If so what results are you seeing in terms of distance and dispersion? What caused you to up the loft? I've been going back and forth with 2 drivers with these lofts and wondering if others are/have recently made this decision. I realize that shafts and head...
  13. shaner

FS: Cobra King Pro Forged CB Irons and Callaway Apex Pro Irons

I have 2 sets of irons for sale. Cobra King Pro Forged CB - 4-PW (Black finish) - $400 shipped CONUS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Original Cobra UTX grips Length is +1/2 (see pic) Standard Lie These are all CBs, not the stock combo set with MBs Condition notes: no dings/significant blemishes, black...
  14. shaner

Monthly subscription service to try out clubs (theoretical)

If there was a subscription service where you could pay a monthly fee to try out any club(s) (let's say from major oems released within the last couple of years, not rare stuff) for a few weeks: 1) would you do it? 2) if yes, what would you pay per month? This would be similar to the Netflix...
  15. shaner

Atlanta Area Outings 2017

ATL Area Outings in 2017 (past and planning for future) First outing was held on Mon, Jan 16 at St Marlo Participants - shaner McJoey cpljohnst DMoney79 Brian T SouthernShred mshepard Second outing: TBD Please post to thread if you are interested in joining any upcoming outing, course...
  16. shaner

What is your last thought before starting backswing?

Do you blank out everything and go zen? remind yourself of a specific move/position? or the classic "smooth swing"? what is that one phrase (or nothing)? For me I find myself either clearing out all thoughts or, if I find myself getting quick, going back to thinking about a smooth swing.
  17. shaner

Hello THP, New Member here ...

Hello, just joined! Lots of interesting and useful info in these forums. It has been really entertaining to read various threads in my spare time. Plan to contribute as much as I can. Little about me: I'm 48, live in the Atlanta area (Lawrenceville/Snellville area), and work as a contract...
Back