Search results for query: *

1. Rory's Swing

What Are You Doing for the 4th of July?

With the holiday coming up, many of us have our plans or simply more free time to golf! My family comes from all over the country and meets in Naples, FL for a few days. My father and I always play a round or two and this year will be no different. We are planning on playing at Tiburon Golf...
  2. Rory's Swing

Best Thing I (You) Ever Ate!

The title is explanatory, what is the best thing you have ever eaten? For myself: There is a Peruvian restaurant near me and my favorite meal lives there. It consists of half, all dark meat, of a rotisserie chicken, double fried fries, and their plethora of sauces. I know it is not...
  3. Rory's Swing

The Greatest Golf Match-Play of All Time!!!

Like the elimination bracket of the NCAA Basketball March Madness, how would the greatest golfers of all time fare against one another? Below is a google form in which you must select 20 of the listed golfers. Of the 20, the most chosen 16 will be placed in a bracket and you, fellow Hackers...
  4. Rory's Swing

Thank you.

For those who do not know, I am originally from South Florida but I am attending school at Indiana University. That being said, my addiction to playing golf has been eating at me since I had to leave my clubs in Florida in January. Not being able to even hold a club in my dorm was horrible...
  5. Rory's Swing

Where would you spread your skills?

You have 7 Points to spend on choosing your skills for each category: - Driving - Iron Play - Short Game - Putting Of the 7 points, you can spend AT LEAST 1 or AT MOST 3 on each category. 1 Point: Ability of an 18+ Handicapper (High Handicap) 2 Points: Ability of an 8-13 Handicapper (Mid...
  6. Rory's Swing

The Most Underrated Player on Tour?

With so much talent at the top, sometimes recognition escapes some truly great players. What is one golfer you believe is underrated by the golf industry?
  7. Rory's Swing

IFTTT?

Some of you may know what this is, but for those who do not, IFTTT (If this then that), is an incredible free app that allows you to streamline activities. For example, you can set up an IFTTT, that if tomorrow's forecast calls for rain, then receive a notification whenever your alarm is set to...
  8. Rory's Swing

Would you rather?

The title is explanatory. Would you rather? - Play a round of golf with any golfer of your choosing. 18 holes. (If so, which player?) - Play at any 5 golf courses of your choosing. Private or Public. (If so, which courses?) - Lifetime pair of tickets to any single Major. (If so, which...
  9. Rory's Swing

If You Can't Hit Them, What Makes You Buy Them?

I am currently fixated over several iron sets that seem to put me in an endless cycle of want. These include the Srixon 745(65)/945(65) combo, Mizuno JPX 900 Forged, Callaway CF 16 and some more I am forgetting. Due to the fact that I am far away from any golf shop to try them out I am stuck to...
  10. Rory's Swing

What is your favorite sauce/condiment?

Some live and die by honey mustard; some can only eat a meal if ketchup is involved. What is your favorite sauce? And a bonus question if applies. Is there a unique sauce from a restaurant that trumps any other sauce? For myself, Mayonaise because either alone or with spices added it makes a...
  11. Rory's Swing

What is one food you can not live without?

What are one protein and one other food that you simply can't live without? For myself the protein would be chicken:chicken:, it is so versatile. The other food would be potatoes. Fried, baked or mashed I am a sucker for that starch. How about you?
  12. Rory's Swing

What is Your Go-To Tee Shot?

The title is pretty explanatory! Whether it be on the first tee of a big match or a pivotal hole in the round, what is your go-to shot off the tee? Do you have a specific shot or do you just swing with your typical swing thoughts? Or do you hit a lower club? For myself, I want to keep it on the...
  13. Rory's Swing

The Polar Vortex!!

Looks like a rumored polar vortex is making a visit this weekend. My father and I (lifelong Floridians:bulgy-eyes:) will be sitting cozily next to thousands of others at Paul Brown stadium as we watch our Steelers take on the Bengals (My birthday present to him). For those that are in line with...
  14. Rory's Swing

Excited to be here!

Hey everyone! The name is Jake and I am from South Florida but I am currently studying at Indiana University. I have always been a follower of THP on social media and decided it was time to join the forum. Excited to be here. Also, I really like Rory's swing even though I can't recreate it...
Back