Search results for query: *

1. N

PGA Tour Payouts For Those Who Stayed

Anybody give the money back and go to LIV yet?
  2. N

Flagstick In or Out

in, out, either is fine... if you want it tended, happy to do that too.
  3. N

Old Man shakes fist at sky; handicap posting as a single

play an honest round and post an honest score, solo or not. you don't post an honest round and the only person you're bull***tting is yourself people who don't play within the rules aren't going to let a little thing like playing in a group stop them from manipulating their score...
  4. N

Pizza Oven

My brother has an Ooni pizza oven and loves it.... He cooks his pizzas at about 700 degrees and they are done in less than 2 minutes. Probably closer to 1 From what he's said, you don't put a pie in and wander off for a minute.... you really need to tend it constantly. Sort of a 15...
  5. N

How much golf does it take to burn you out?

My golf time has been very limited the last few years. I'd like to see how long it would actually take to get burnt out !! Playing golf 2, maybe 3x a week seems like a nice number, once i get the time.... more than that and i think it would seem like a job but, like i said, i'm looking...
  6. N

What are you watching (No Spoilers)

Binged a bit the last week or so Night Agent Killing Eve Argyle
  7. N

Tour Event The Chevron Championship (LPGA Major)

This kid is awesome.
  8. N

Springsteen Rocked the Dome in Syracuse

Saw him with the E Street Band a couple times and… they were great shows and 2 of them are top 5 on my list. Saw him solo in some acoustic (and largely instrumental) debacle in the late 90’s or early 2000’s. It was simply unbearable. A dear friend who was with us for that one is a Jersey...
  9. N

What are the Muni's in your area charging these days?

We have very few true municipal courses nearby (town owned and operated). The few 18 hole Muni’s cost per 18 holes are anywhere between $45 and $55 to walk (non-resident) and add about $20 per person for a cart. As for courses that are open to the public and not necessarily true muni’s...
  10. N

Getting old sucks: Post your ailments

It’s a shorter list of what DOESN’T hurt
  11. N

Do you underestimate how much the golf ball changes things?

It probably does matter more than i think it does.... I've played several balls over the last few years and can feel a difference in softness, see a difference in trajectory and measure a difference in distance.... i've sort of picked the one that seems to give me the best overall...
  12. N

The Masters is in a slump

I thought the Masters was entertaining and with good coverage.... Maybe it's just me but, I feel like we saw a ton of new views of the Augusta during the broadcasts. There seemed to be much more than the usual tee shot, ball in the air and then seeing it bounce along a fairway. The layout...
  13. N

Invented a Cocktail?

A guy i know worked at his dad's bar here in town. I'd stop by now and then and he was always messing around with different concoctions.... Stopped in one night and he slid a glass across the bar at me and said to give it a shot.... it was purple... and it was pretty damn good (and i was...
  14. N

Why do I even bother with driver?

If you hit it those distances with your 3w, imagine what you would see with a well struck driver. I'd take some lessons and see if you can learn to hit that club better (or why you can't).... worst case scenario, you're not in terrible shape with the 3w.
  15. N

Mizuno Partners With The DOD King

Hahaha..... believe me, you don't need to watch it all (i didn't) to get a feel for what it's all about.
  16. N

If a store or fitter didn't offer/deal in a couple of the top brands like Callaway and Cobra

i don't know exactly how the particular factories in golf work with distributors or retailers but, in my industry, it's not unusual for the larger manufacturers to put demands on smaller distributors or retailers that these smaller shops just can't deal with (crazy high minimum sales...
  17. N

Mizuno Partners With The DOD King

Never heard of him before this past weekend when i caught a YouTube video.... Gotta be an act and not exactly my cup o' tea... but he certainly can hit a golf ball.
  18. N

Senior Golfers…how do you identify?

58 and a little beat up physically after a lot of sports growing up and a 40+ year job that involves a fair amount of very physical work. That said… I don’t think I feel my age… if that makes any sense. I can ignore most of the aches and pains at this time but am going to begin a program that...
  19. N

Golfworks catalog - a throwback

I guess it was..... sort of a catalog ???? 🤔
  20. N

Golfworks catalog - a throwback

I received the Golfworks catalog over the weekend also.... it's really nice to nice to flip through a "real" catalog now and then. Speaking of catalogs, anybody remember the Johnson Smith catalog from when they were a kid ?? Man, what a conglomeration of crap (and i mean that in the best...
Back