Search results for query: *

1. N

Fitting Question - Shafts

so.... i'm going to be heading for an iron fitting (and trying a few different brands). I am curious as to what others have experienced regarding shaft choices... Once a fitter finds the optimal shaft for say, "Iron A"... will that likely be the shaft that will (or should) perform the best...
  2. N

Jon Rahm on Compensation for Tour loyalty

I thought Rahm had a great response to the question asked about whether or not he felt he should receive compensation for PGAT loyalty. Seems like a guy who knows a good gig when he's got it and piling money on top of more money isn't necessarily the key to happiness...
  3. N

A Lifetime Supply of Pro V's !!! (Maybe 2 lifetimes!!)

I work in manufacturing/distribution and a customer arranged trailer came in today for a pickup.... Opened the trailer to load 'em up and, already on there were 6 pallets (you read that right, 6 PALLETS) from Acushnet set to deliver with our stuff. A closer look revealed least 3 pallets of...
  4. N

True Temper AMT Black (or Red)

Anyone currently playing these shafts or have any experience with them?? I'm thinking of having a set of the new Maltby TS3 irons built and, in doing some research, have come across the AMT Black shafts. They seem to have a pretty similar spec as the Ping AWT 2.0 (stiff) that i've been playing...
  5. N

60* wedges. Yes or No ?

How many folks here have a 60* in their bag and play it regularly? I’ve had a 60* in the bag for years and while i don‘t hit it poorly, there is always the threat of the odd thin shot whizzing over the green to…well, somewhere i don’t want it to be. I find far less likelihood of a mis-hit like...
  6. N

So... they DO grow on trees...

Found this one on the interwebs today.... I always wondered where golf balls came from.... Looks like this one should have been picked many years ago.
  7. N

Gelato madness

We were out to dinner a couple of weeks ago and I had a dessert that I just can’t stop thinking of… (Normally, I don’t even order dessert.) It was vanilla gelato drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. It was unreal… SO good. I’d never heard of or, even thought of, this...
  8. N

Bermuda Championship Trophy

Anyone else think the person who designed the Bermuda Championship trophy may have been an unsolved mystery buff ? I mean, really?? A Bermuda Triangle?
  9. N

Putter covers?

Any recommendations on a source for putter covers? Just picked up a Huntington Beach 10.5C (center shaft) putter - so far, I really like it. Sort of a smaller mallet (but not a mid-mallet). However, the stock cover just is NOT going to cut it. I would prefer a bit better fitting cover...
  10. N

Not Looking At Ball?

Does anyone NOT look at the ball when putting? I’ve mentioned my horrendous putting this year, in other relevant threads and it hasn’t been fun. While I’ve not been able to play the last few weeks due to work, I have been spending a LOT of time on the putting mat. I’ve even used some camera...
  11. N

Any righties putt left-handed?

Anyone? I’ve been struggling with the flat stick, as noted in another post. For the hell of it, I’ve started putting with my wife’s Ping B60 which she’s abandoned (she’s a lefty) and it’s been nuts. I know it’s only on a 10’ mat with straight putts, but I’m over 70% from 8-10 feet and that’s...
  12. N

Putting - i give up

I've played golf a long time.. on and off since i was a kid. I was never a great putter, but never a bad putter - up until this year. Granted, i haven't played a ton this year due to work, but i do practice with a putting mat a couple of times a week instead of sitting in front of the idiot...
  13. N

Driver Rattle

I've been playing a Ping 425G for a little over a year and have been very happy with it. Just recently i've started to get a bit of a rattling noise out of it. Most noticeable if i tap the head on the teebox, occasionally if i give it a shake. Anyone else had that happen? I haven't...
  14. N

Tiger Tracker 2022 Masters?

I wonder if they'll resurrect Tiger Tracker for The Masters... I don't even have a Twitter account however, I did check in to it frequently during tournaments. I miss the coverage, the unbridled enthusiasm that came from TT's occasional donning of rose colored glasses (like any true fanboy)...
  15. N

Three Club Event

Got a call to play in a 3 club. (PLUS putter) event. Relatively short course, never a flat lie. I’m thinking 3w, 6i or 7i and 56* wedge…. It’ll make the par 3’s interesting, that’s for sure. Any other club selection suggestions? Should be fun. Never played this format before
  16. N

What the ????? (Golf bag)

Just caught a glimpse of a golf bag, last night, on TV (Olympic coverage, i believe). The clubs were oriented with the heads DOWN and there were no "sides" on the bag. Heads and shafts were completely exposed. Looked like the clubs sort of clipped in to the thing... anyone ever see this...
  17. N

Should be interesting

So… I recently pulled out a very old set of clubs. 1983-ish Titleist blades, driver and fairway woods. (Persimmon Driver, 3w and 5w). Man these irons are razor thin and the heads on the woods…. so tiny, in comparison to today’s clubs. I had them re-gripped recently and cleaned them up...
  18. N

Phil's Mom....

Anybody catch the text between Phil's mom and his sister this past Sunday? It was posted on Twitter. Hilarious. I don't think I'd seen this mentioned here before... sorry if it's a duplicate.
  19. N

Scared my Driver into compliance....

So, I get a call this past Sunday that my new Ping G425 Max driver is going to be in this week ( along with my Scotty Squareback 2 that i ordered over 2 months ago! ) I play in my usual Tuesday night men's league last night and was absolutely CRUSHING the ball (for me) with my current Titleist...
  20. N

Putting technique

So, a putting question.... once you’re set up to putt and ready to pull the trigger.... what exactly is it you focus on throughout the putting stroke ? I don’t know if this is completely bizarre but recently I’ve been watching the putter head throughout the stroke (eyes tracking only, no...
Back