Search results for query: *

1. hackitup

The Official Banter Away Thread

My youngest just went through that a month ago. Even knowing it was routine didn't help. Just be aware of the after effects of being strong for everyone else. It took so much out of me and it just kind of snuck up all of a sudden.
  2. hackitup

LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

The Goat Track and the wedge clinic sound like incredibly fun times. I'd love to know half of what the Vokey Team has forgotten about wedges.
  3. hackitup

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats - You are Headed to the Victory Cup with Mizuno Golf

That's definitely the plan. The 4h is just the only given right now. 4i is beyond my ability so I always opt for a hybrid in that slot. I'm running a 3W + 5W setup now so it's a comfortable setup. I'm sure I'll overthink it for a bit before pulling the trigger. Don't forget to toss your...
  4. hackitup

what's the last thing you lost at the course?

Hideaway divot repair tool. Yeah, that one still stings. Especially since I just lost my Hideaway ball marker a few weeks before that. Stupid phone in my stupid pocket making me drop everything in the stupid rough.
  5. hackitup

ANNOUNCEMENT Congrats - You are Headed to the Victory Cup with Mizuno Golf

I went to my LGS to check out their offerings in person last weekend. I got a dozen RB Tour X balls that I'm currently playing. I looked at the Blue Ion T24 wedges and the STZ 230 hybrids while I was there. I know I'll be picking up a 4h but I'm debating between 5W and 3h. I contemplated...
  6. hackitup

ANNOUNCEMENT 2024 Morgan Cup Participants - The 2nd Two From Signups

Congrats on the call up to be tour players @golfinnut and @GolfFest.
  7. hackitup

How consistent are your golf balls?

If they earned a spot in my bag they’re consistent enough. I mostly base my opinion on short game because that’s where I can be the most consistent. If a ball rolls out when contact was high on the face and bites with good contact every time I’m happy. Then it’s approach shots on good strikes...
  8. hackitup

Post A Golf Photo

Result of my second shot on a par 5. I usually play this as a 3 shot hole but managed to have a realistic opportunity to get on in 2. Missed it where I needed to miss.
  9. hackitup

Blew It Up, Trying To Piece it Back Together Again

Nice work on the improvements. Since it’s your third of 3 lessons it makes sense to do a long game lesson. It sounds like this facility is working for you and having a more complete view of your game should help you both come up with a plan for the future. For me, having a plan that we could...
  10. hackitup

How much golf does it take to burn you out?

Depends on how I’m playing. 2-3 nights at the range and 1-2 rounds a week playing like hot garbage burned me out pretty quick. The same amount of time and playing decent and I was fine. I get burned out with frustration rather than the game.
  11. hackitup

Post your last five emojis used.

:LOL: :welcome: That’s it on THP. I’m more likely to use emojis from my phone than from the drop down. The phone ones are 😂😇🔥👏🤙. But the clapping emoji was probably from using it after every word a few times.
  12. hackitup

Breaking Down Ballyhack Hole #17

I’m going flag hunting and 2 putting for par with a mid to front pin. Worst case scenario is a bogey. Add a stroke for a back pin because my courses punish long shots more which means I’d be way short. I’d have a tough birdie putt and 3 putt potential would be almost guaranteed on those back pins.
  13. hackitup

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

If I played with that kids set I’d be at least 10 strokes worse through 18. 4 clubs on top of a poor fit would make it a struggle. I’d probably walk off the course, honestly. It sounds like zero fun. Properly fit clubs makes a big difference for me. 2-3* of lie angle adjustment is the...
  14. hackitup

Flip Side - Did you ask for a club/other discount at your last fitting?

No but it was offered. I went to a Callaway demo day. The fitter said he couldn’t beat my current clubs so we talked for a bit as they tore down. Wound up mentioning I was hearing good things about the upcoming ball release and walked away with a couple sleeves of the not yet debuted Chrome...
  15. hackitup

How does you salary look compared to this?

Scottie’s earnings are PowerBall goals.
  16. hackitup

Interesting Shaft vs Head Comment

I’d probably disagree as an across the board statement. I swung my son’s driver with an X flex Trono and actually really liked it. I swung it with an S flex mid-mid and didn’t. My reaction to both setups were shaft related feelings. I either couldn’t distinguish a head feel difference or was...
  17. hackitup

Which Ball Would You Play?

Normally I’m choosing the most spin I can get. But that dispersion circle looks tasty. I’d course test both but the blue circle which looks like ball #1 is getting first shot. If I have to choose blind that’s what I’d go with.
  18. hackitup

Feel vs Real

Not a clue on full shots. My full swing and laid off feel is past parallel and across the line in reality. I know my feel vs. real on partial wedges is about 25% off. I think I’m stopping at lead arm parallel but I’m actually closer to 1:30. But it’s consistent so I keep going with the feel...
  19. hackitup

Worst Club Tech Name?

From my relatively short time playing golf I think Twist Face was pretty bad. It brought images of things I didn’t want. Like the face twisting at impact or some deformed head that I wouldn’t be able to aim or hit. Even after learning about what the tech was designed to do I couldn’t get over it...
  20. hackitup

Best Iron Finish?

My top finish is whatever Edel uses in their SMS wedges. I don’t know if the line pattern in the soles does anything to help it but as much as I use my wedges they still look near mint.
Back