Search results for query: *

1. PizzaBear

Iron situation opinion

I'm currently using Taylormade Burner irons from about 2009, while they are fine they are showing their age and my game is getting to the point where new irons would make some difference. So I have been trying to save for custom fit irons but as you guys all know clubs aren't cheap However...
  2. PizzaBear

Callaway big and tall length

Hey hey THPers, Does anyone wear callaway big and tall polo shirts? If you do could you give me an idea on the length of the shirts I can find plenty of shirts wide enough for me but struggling to get any long enough. Thanks, PB
  3. PizzaBear

Club effect on workability ?

My game has got to the point where I'm working to work the ball around corners or out of trouble. So with my F7 driver, TEE E8 3w and Hybrid I can get some pretty good movement on the ball, but when I get to my Taylormade Burner irons it drastically drops how much I can move the ball. My 4 and...
  4. PizzaBear

Re-grip or not to re-grip

The grips on my irons have really lost all their tackiness, they are basically smooth at this point. I never really noticed until I got a couple of clubs with brand new grips. Now re-gripping seems the obvious answer BUT! I'm really hoping by Christmas these irons will all be replaced. It will...
  5. PizzaBear

Keeping punch shots low help

I've been trying to hit some punch shots, I put the ball back in my stance and keep my swing short. This keeps the ball lower than my normal shots but still going 12ft high which is easily high enough for trees to be a problem Any tips or tricks to keep it lower?
  6. PizzaBear

Detailed course maps?

Does anyone know where I can get detailed maps of courses with things like distances to hazards, how far a certain lay up area is ect I guess kind of like the notes a Pro would take of a course Thanks, PB
  7. PizzaBear

Getting a handicap questions

Really sorry if these questions are super dumb and or have been answered a million times before I'm looking at getting a handicap for the first time so I can start looking at playing some comp golf. My big question is about the marker, do they need to be someone with a handicap or can it just...
  8. PizzaBear

Imaginary course on the range?

During my lesson today my coach said I should have my last 50 balls of a range session be an imaginary round. Does anyone else do this? Do you play a "fantasy" course(if that's a course made up of holes from different courses or just a famous course you want to play) in your head or a course...
  9. PizzaBear

BOA vs Normal lacing?

Can anyone who's worn both give me a quick pro vs con for the 2 and would you pay the extra for BOA? Thanks, PB
  10. PizzaBear

Special huge thank you to smellysell

I hope no one minds me putting this here rather than the buyer feedback forum but I felt this needed some special attention Smellysell messaged me offering to send a wedge all the way to Australia just for shipping price after he saw me asking about gap wedges. He also put a shaft in his...
  11. PizzaBear

Getting fit by one OEM who would you choose?

My swing and game are getting to a point where my coach said it will be worth while to think about getting fit, he said my best option is to get him to book me in with one of the manufacturers (says the club fitters around here are a bit of a rip off) at their performance centers So if you...
  12. PizzaBear

Getting my first pair of golf shoes

So I'm playing enough and my game has got to a point where I need to invest in some actual golf shoes and I'm willing to spend what needs to be spent for a good pair I have a 13US wide foot and I always walk my rounds Is there any particular brands people would say are best? any that are not...
  13. PizzaBear

Catching the toe on the turf

Too often do I catch the toe of my putter on the ground generally just before I hit the ball Is there a likely technique problem causing this? Does a toe weighted putter make this worse? Thanks, PB
  14. PizzaBear

Coach thank you gift?

My coach is taking me out for 9 holes on thursday not as a paid lesson just because he thinks I need to play with better golfers. Does anyone have any good ideas what to get him as a thank you gift? I know he wants to try the new TP5 balls so was thinking of trying to find a sleeve of those...
  15. PizzaBear

Nike Air Zoom vs Air Max fitting

Does anyone wear both? Do they fit the same? Can't seem to find anywhere in Melbourne that is stocking the Zoom for me to try on but I already wear air max as my daily shoe Thanks, PB
  16. PizzaBear

YES wedges, good?

I'm looking for a Gap wedge on a budget just to help out my gapping until I get a fully fitted set later in the year. One of the online stores down here has Yes milled wedge for $56 which is about the price I want to pay. Has anyone used these? are they any good? Don't need to be amazing just...
  17. PizzaBear

Fixing a slice with irons

So lately my slice with my irons has been getting worse and worse and worse, to the point last round it was basically going at right angles, went 20 yards and just dropped out of the sky I'm going to the range today to try and work on this, does anyone have things I should try to get my irons...
  18. PizzaBear

Feeling uncomfortable with my putter

So over the last few rounds I suddenly feel really uncomfortable with my putter, I just never feel like i'm lined up properly and that I'm pushing the ball left all the time. Then I try to correct right and it goes way right and way over hit it I'm not putting terribly but I'm not putting great...
  19. PizzaBear

Driver shots bouncing sideways

Just played 9 holes and I drove 7 of them. All 7 drives went long and straight but when they were landing they were almost going 90 degrees left and the width of a fairway, so it was taking me from middle fairway to in the trees. Is it possible I'm spinning the ball this much off the driver? It...
  20. PizzaBear

Creating a practice schedule help

Anyone got any tips for creating a good practice schedule? I'm back to college at the start of march so will have less time to just hit balls, so want to have some sort of schedule that will actually effectively help me improve. So I will have 2 days a week to practice, can give a fair amount...
Back