Search results for query: *

1. TripleF

Patrick Reed and 2 stroke penalty

In the court of public opinion, Reed did this on purpose. Clearly. Seems to me the PGA Tour should penalize him somehow. Maybe banned fron the tour for 3 months or something.
  2. TripleF

Do shoes matter? If so how much?

For some people and their golf swing, I'm pretty sure it matters to some degree (probably pretty small). But it mades no difference for me except in a VERY few situations. I've had 5 foot surgeries on one of my feet and honestly regular shoes just plain hurt. I can't get any soes that seem to...
  3. TripleF

Grandpa Braggin'

Here is my grandson, Spencer. His swing is 100% natural . . . but I'm pretty sure there will be some golf lessons in his future!
  4. TripleF

Hats of Choice

What do you choose: Style or Function? Interested in how golfers decide what hat they wear? Me? My head is too big for baseball-styled hats (brim isn't wide enough so they look silly to me!). Plus, I like the idea of some real sun protection, so I wear a Tilley hat usually. What do you wear...
  5. TripleF

When to change to a new golf ball

My game has been improving and I find I have been playing six rounds of golf using a single golf ball! So when should one retire a ball and change out to a new one? Do they wear out? Seems like they should . . .
  6. TripleF

Hip Replacement Question

If you've had a hip replacement you understand. My doctor says I can start playing golf at 3 months post-op. But everyone heals differently so a rule like that makes no sense to me. I'm 2 months post-op and I did got out with friends thinking I would just chip and putt as they played. I...
  7. TripleF

Anyone with hip problems?

About 8 years ago I tore the labrum in my right hip (I'm a 68 year old, right handed golfer who walks). Recovery was fairly quick and I've been pain free for several years . . . until three weeks ago. Think I must have re-torn that labrum. My doctor told me 8 years ago I also had arthritis...
  8. TripleF

Rain Gloves

None of my local stores have ANY rain / wet-weather gloves. So I guess it will be an internet purchase. Any suggestions?
  9. TripleF

Getting a kid started . . .

Proud grandfather here. My2 year old grandson is TOTALLY eaten up with baseball and golf! Totally amazing to watch him hit balls pitched to him and to watch him hit golf balls off the floor and the grass! So I'm thinking about getting him a few clubs. Suggestions??
  10. TripleF

Here is a crazy idea . . .

Tour player's slow play leads to slow play downstream. That is my belief. Web.com, college, high school, etc. players see what tour players do and pick up those habits. Heck . . . I even see some of my club players going crazy lining up putts with ball mark-lines on 70 foot putts! Watching...
  11. TripleF

Just a rant . . .

Golf TOTALLY frustrates me!! I HATE golf! Well . . . actually I love golf but it can the the most infuriating game in the world. Okay I know I suck. 18.5 handicap. But when I step ont on the course I never know who is going to show up. Mr. 85 or that freakin' Mr. 105! Last week I played a...
  12. TripleF

New PGA Slogan - "Life Under Par"

The new PGA slogan "Life Under Par" . . . Better than "These Guys are Good!"?
  13. TripleF

Maintaining Bunker

The course I belong to has a fun, challenging layout that has hosted many big college tournaments in years past but not recently. The greens are in okay shape but our bunkers are in terrible condition. It looks like the bunkers are filled with fairly course construction sand and they always...
  14. TripleF

Is this a penalty?

Today, my golfing buddy was clearly taking a practice swing on the tee . . . but his club slightly clipped his teed up ball which went about 3 feet directly to the right!! We knew it was clearly a practice swing and ignored the error sort of like knocking the ball off a tee while addressing the...
  15. TripleF

Maximum Score on a Hole

Unfortunately, with the group of golfers I play with, a maximum score on a hole happens quite frequently! Since we all do maintain a handicap we seem to frequently deal with this issue. Our handicaps vary from a 15 to a 26! I believe we should play out each hole completely and then adjust our...
  16. TripleF

How do you measure a club's length?

I'm hoping to find a new (to me!) putter online but worried about getting the right length. I can measure my putters but not sure the "correct" way to do it!!
  17. TripleF

New club results

Okay . . . I got "fitted" and bought new irons! VERY, VERY excited to give them a go. But the day was no better nor no worse that previous days. So what has your experience been in putting new clubs into play?
  18. TripleF

Do I really need a club fitting?

First, I'm only a 17 handicapper in spite of years of playing . . . the last 20 years at about this same handicap +/- 2. I've had my current clubs (Srixon I-506) for 9-10 years. About 6 months ago I went to a club fitter for his opinions. As a result he lengthened my clubs +1 inch. He left...
  19. TripleF

Same Course, Same tees, Same score

Recently decided to move back to our club's men's tees rather than our Senior's tees (slope of 124 vs 118) and I now have carded a 91 for three consecutive rounds! Who can beat that consistency??
  20. TripleF

Any good ideas?

Long story but we have one regular member of our foursome that has to be one of the slowest player I've ever played with. All of the rest of us are REALLY frustrated by his slow play but we've all said about all we know how to say without a direct confrontation with our friend. Last time we...
Back