Search results for query: *

1. Lou W

Tell me about golf in Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo area

We are planning a move there up from SD to be closer to the kids in Goleta. Might happen in 6 weeks or so. Anyone care to give a quick cliff notes low down on the area courses.
  2. Lou W

Nike Air Zoom Infinity @ Ross stores

I usually troll the Ross store periodically for golf slacks, shorts and polos. Today I noticed they had a few pairs of the Nike Zoom Infinity shoes. $34.99. If you have a Ross store and you are looking for shoes you might get lucky. Grey/white with a little fuchsia trim.
  3. Lou W

Costco golf bags.

I stopped in Costco to order new glasses and did the obligatory tour of the sample carts, I was getting hangry. I noticed some golf bags I’d not noticed before. Pebble Beach brand by Sun Mountain. The bags had what I wanted , 14 slots full length dividers and just a tad larger than my old Sun...
  4. Lou W

Jpx 900 hot metal iron shaft diameter

Looking to find out the shaft tip diameter for the Jpx 900 hot metals. Also, parallel or tapered.
  5. Lou W

$70 fix

I developed a case of the lefts, sweeping lefts at times. Frustrated I scheduled a lesson with “ my guy”. Five minutes in he tells me im not opening the club face on the backswing. Boom 10 yard dispersion at 150. I wish all my golf issues could be fixed for just 70 bucks
  6. Lou W

Hocknell golf ball-chrome soft

Played Golf Club of California today and found this ball . It was kind of puzzling at first as it had the chromesoft ID on the ball but where Callaway should be it said “Hocknell”. A quick search shows a Dr Allen Hocknell as head of R&D at Callaway. What remains to be answered is did the good Dr...
  7. Lou W

Professionals getting rules help

Watching the Sanderson Farms tourney there were a couple of ruling questions to the officials. im of the opinion the players should by this point in their careers know the rules front back and upside down. I’m thinking they should take their relief or whatever without outside help. If they blow...
  8. Lou W

Fitting recommendations in the San Diego county area

Looking to get fitted for irons and most likely a driver this winter. I’m looking for recommendations for fitters/locations. I was fitTed about 6 years ago for irons and it was ok , but I think this time around I’ll have more of a clue . lm pretty open to brands but probably lean slightly to...
  9. Lou W

Rife 2 bar putter refurb

A few question on rehabbing a Rife Putter. the shaft broke near the hosel. The silver part was not part of the shaft and there is a casting/stud whatever that’s within the silver stub and in the old shaft. Before I start heating it up I’m wondering if anyones cone across this construction method...
  10. Lou W

Superior National, Lutsen, MN

Anyone played there? Thinking about a weekend trip this summer and wondering if it’s worth it? Any opinions on courses up near the arrowhead appreciated.
  11. Lou W

Cute vid with Rory, tiger, Day and Hiddekki

12. Lou W

New headcover options

Came across this and zeroed in on what the husband uses them for. That would be awesome on my driver etc.
  13. Lou W

Buying clubs off auction sites

How many have had good luck buying clubs untested off auction sites? Back during the early stages of lockdown I got the itch and purchased a Mizuno EZ driver $89 , looked brand new. I picked up a Rife putter that is also in the bag ,$30 . Both have turned out to be a great purchase. At present...
  14. Lou W

Usga renewal question

Got another Usga renewal letter in the mail. They seem to come several times a year. Does anyone know if the codes on the bottom indicate my REAL expiration date. two codes are under my address info. Is one some kind of code for expiration?
  15. Lou W

Question on national equip resellers

Out of curiosity I was Looking at old pings on global golf, second swing and 3 balls. I find it funny they all had one set of old pings. Brown dot, -.75 “. What’s up with that? Are they all really the same company. I find it strange they would all only have one set of old pings with the exact...
  16. Lou W

Edit GHIN entry?

Accidentally had a double entry to GHIN last Monday. I inadvertently entered my score via app and the men’s group entered my score as they always do. Is there a way to delete one score? I can’t find a way to do it via the GHIN app nor can I do it on the clubs terminal. It was a slighly lower...
Back