Search results for query: *

1. CanaryKid

How many “new” courses did you play this year..???

15. Mainly away matches for my club’s seniors team, but a couple on holiday.
  2. CanaryKid

So which table did you sit at?

4. All seem to be nice guys. Those on 2 and 3 are kn*bheads. 1 is not too bad … I like CM.
  3. CanaryKid

Which rule would you change

I agree with the comments on OB. Why have a rule that means that you have to go back to replay a shot, when there are already concerns about the pace of play. Remove OB and replace it with a penalty area … a one shot penalty drop no more than a club length from the boundary and no nearer the hole.
  4. CanaryKid

Do you score better playing shorter courses?

Probably. At age 70, I have lost distance.
  5. CanaryKid

How often do you play >18 holes in a day?

I always walk ... so no, not at my age! 😂
  6. CanaryKid

Do you practice putt on previous/just completed hole?

No. Once it’s in the hole, I move on.
  7. CanaryKid

Actually post all scores?

That would explain it. So you can decide which ones to submit and which ones not to … that must surely lead to the manipulation of handicaps.
  8. CanaryKid

Actually post all scores?

Am I missing something? If you are going to post a score, you have to pre-notify that fact before playing. Having done that, how can you not post a score? Once maybe but, after that, the club’s handicap committee should surely be taking action.
  9. CanaryKid

What is your biggest golf regret..?

Not starting until I was 55.
  10. CanaryKid

How often do you play a solo 9 or 18...?

Only when away on holiday when my wife allows me to play a local course. Otherwise, to me, golf is a social game.
  11. CanaryKid

What's your current driver carry distance?

Now I’m in my 70s, only about 170 yards.
  12. CanaryKid

Confused on the rules and how to drop?

If you think you might be in the crap, play a provisional before walking up to find your ball. Then if you need to replay the shot, you have already done so … continue with the provisional.
  13. CanaryKid

Which Describes You?

Electric Motocaddy trolley (as we call them over here)
  14. CanaryKid

Lost On The Golf Course?

I have got lost more than once on courses I haven’t played before … the signage at some courses is either appalling or non-existent. All courses should clearly mark the way to the next tee if it is not visible from the green, but it often doesn’t happen.
Back