Search results for query: *

1. Chopper81

What 4 clubs are on your “personal” Mt. Rushmore…???

Great thread, Callaway Optiforce 4 wood Taylormade ATV 56 Ping G30 Driver Taylormade Rescue Dual 5Hy
  2. Chopper81

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

I’m a few rounds in now, struggled a little to time them but back 9 last time out things definitely clicked. The 16th is a very downhill par 4 380 yards at my course, I hit a 190 yard 6 iron into A2 position off the tee. It was in the first cut, It left me 190 but playing around 170 downhill and...
  3. Chopper81

Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Wedges

Just picked up a 52 Tour rack with a modus 115 shaft I play modus 105S in my irons so hoping it’ll blend nicely! Only looking for around 100-105 as I’m happy knocking the PW down to 110-115 yards
  4. Chopper81

How is your 2024 bag looking?

So the driver is 50/50 for next year and fairway set up is going to be a changing part of the bag as is wedges! Irons are in and putter won’t get changed as much as I would like too. My biggest issue is I want to get the bag set up for 12 clubs max as I carry a lot and can’t be arsed with 14...
  5. Chopper81

Srixon ZX5 MKII Irons Review

First round done with the new bats, all I can say is awesome! The yardages were almost spot on out the wrappers and the forgiveness was about where I hoped, new long time gamers I think
  6. Chopper81

Anyone compared the Srixon ZX5’s to the Mizuno JPX 923 Forged irons?

So I’ve own 923 HMP and Forged and I’m now using ZX5 MK2! I would say the feel of the zx5 is marginally better but that’s subjective to the person hitting the ball, and I find that can be shaft related too. The HMP for non forged club are amazing!! The look of the ZX5 to me is slightly better at...
  7. Chopper81

Srixon ZX5 MKII Irons Review

So I’ve picked my ZX5 Mk2 up and had one range session, I’m hoping these give me the extra forgiveness I’m after with decent feel over the JPX 921 forged I’ve moved on! Less golf and another kid on the way I need something to cover my ass when I’m turning up to the course for the first time in 4...
  8. Chopper81

CONTEST 2023 THP Holiday Cheer Day 2 – Win a Callaway Apex Pro Irons

They would currently fill an empty space in the bag
  9. Chopper81

The 7-Wood

I love a 7 wood, just sold my PXG OG 0211 and want to get another not sure why I did!! 190-210 carry off the deck, off the tee or in rough!
  10. Chopper81

Mizuno ST-Max Driver

Cheers I get the testing, I normally hit small fades(shape I want) with my ST190 set down to 8.5 so face effectively open a little. I’m sure the new standard ST230 would be more forgiving anyway but something Ping level of forgiving would be hard to overlook
  11. Chopper81

Mizuno ST-Max Driver

Does your mate have any experience with Ping forgiveness vs his gamer and what the Max would likely offer? As I’m getting older and the inevitable slowing down I’m looking at more forgiveness across the bag but do love a Mizuno driver
  12. Chopper81

Golf Shaft Pondering Thread

I love Tensei orange in my driver and smoke yellow in fairways, are there any steel iron shafts that have a counter balanced feel?
  13. Chopper81

Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

Interested to keep an eye on these going forward for next year, loved the look of the 225s
  14. Chopper81

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

Just had a fitting for new irons and the ZX5 won out, every time I hit a different club the fitter would say between the next club “right just hit that again” and by the end of the fitting the dispersion circle was mental! Ordered and will be with me in 2/3 weeks I’m very happy
  15. Chopper81

Who is getting new irons in 2024?

I have just purchased ZX5s after a fitting and can’t wait to get them in the bag for 2024
  16. Chopper81

<14 - short/half set "minimalist" golfers

Love to see it, I’ve been a 13 clubs golfer anyway but did play 8 clubs for most of last summer! The handicap(8) never went up and played some great golf with Driver Mizuno ST190 7 wood PXG 0211 5 7 and 9 iron TM PSI 50 56 wedge SM8s Putter I found the 7 wood so versatile, the irons had been...
  17. Chopper81

2023 Mizuno ST-G Driver

This driver has my interest, I’m still gaming ST190 after god knows how long! I picked up a Srixon ZX7 Mk2 and could get no where near the ST. Now it’s defo time for a new driver but hoping this performs better or it’ll be another year of the OG ST
  18. Chopper81

CONTEST 2023 Srixon Experience Live Update Thread

How many birdies for Adam and JB? 8 Which Srixon ZX Driver You Would Like? ZX5 LS 9* RH
  19. Chopper81

Srixon ZX MK II Irons

Anyone hit the 5s up against JPX 921 Forged? I really like the look of the 5s and feel I need more forgiveness
Back