Search results for query: *

1. L

The Devil went down to the golf course and he was looking....

for a soul to steal. He comes to you and says "I'll bet this Scotty of Gold that you can't do one of these: 1, Make a 10 foot straight putt 2. Hit it within 10 feet from 150 yards or 3. Hit the fairway with your drive on a tight fairway" Do you take the bet and if you do which do you choose ?
  2. L

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

On trackman I was hitting the 410 straight as an arrow about 135 yards. No mishits. The 211's I hit 140 yards when I hit it solid, but too many 'gumfs" and bad shots, so I would say forgiveness. Because I am a vet, the 211's would of been cheaper, but had to go with worked best for my game.
  3. L

Utah Thread

Stay away from Coral Canyon. Worst kept golf course i have ever played on. It was an embarrassment. They take NO pride in that golf course. Used to be a great track
  4. L

New PXG 0211 Iron Set

Went through a lot to get to hit a 0211 7 iron to see if I liked it. I did not. Glad I did not purchase them. Went with the Ping 410's instead
  5. L

Utah Thread

Played in the First Tee Tournament at Talons Cove this week. It is to benefit kids golf. Play from sun up to sun down as many holes as you get get in. Ended up playing 57 holes. It was a lot of fun. If anybody gets out to River Oaks, look me up cleaning carts and come say Hi. Name is David.
  6. L

CONTEST 2 FREE Any Day Tickets to the 2021 Waste Management Phoenix Open

37. That is how many times Grand Funk Railroad sang the phrase "I'm getting closer to my hooome" on the record for the song 'I am your Captain'
  7. L

Utah Thread

Play Tuesday and Thursday at Murray League and Wednesday at Fore Lakes league. I work cleaning carts at River Oaks, so get free golf. Got 112 rounds in this year. Always open to meet and play golf.
  8. L

Practice Putting Before Round

I go to the putting green and me and my putter commune. I chant "No 3 putts today, no 3 putts today, no 3 putts today". I then hit a couple with that mantra in my head.
  9. L

Colored balls

Had played the Wilson Duo Professional white balls and found they were the ball for me. Purchased some Red/Orange balls this week and I swear they are not the same ball. Not the same flight or distance as the white. Am I imagining this or is there a difference ? I would of said no, but I know...
  10. L

Utah Thread

I have heard good things about Ryan Holt at River Oaks.
  11. L

Utah Thread

It was a good time at Murray with Tenputt. He is a very good golfer, me ? I struggled. Tenputt, I played again today and found my stroke posting a 48/39 in windy conditions.
  12. L

Utah Thread

Got a foursome together. Look forward to meeting you Tenputt. You and the doctor will probably play from the blues. Me and my other friend are 18 handicaps so we belong on the white tees. My GIR from the blues is....zero. From the whites, might hit 5-6 greens.
  13. L

Utah Thread

got one, but he is a doctor and on call so he never knows till last minute. Tenputt, reservation is under Lancaster.
  14. L

Utah Thread

Anybody else ? Going twice...
  15. L

Utah Thread

Yes to walk. Anybody else ? I can probably get two friends (not THPers) to play, but want to meet some new folks
  16. L

Utah Thread

Couple to mind: Toana Vista in Wendover The Links at Overlake in Erda South Mountain in Draper
  17. L

Utah Thread

Got a tee time at Murray Parkway at 10:58am on Saturday, May 16th. Need two more. Going once....
  18. L

Utah Thread

Saturday May 16th Murray Parkway. Got two to play. I'll get a tee time. Tenputt, does 10am ish work for you ? I'll book for a foursome when I get the green ligh. Anybody else want to play ?
  19. L

How do you hide your major golf purchases from spouse/significant other?

I throw it into the middle of a conversation "ok honey, I finished mowing the lawn, taking the dog for a walk, bought a new 6 iron, and later I'll gas and wash both cars". Sometimes I get away with, most times I don't. but I when I do get away with it, I can, in good conscious, say, 'no honey I...
Back